Figma Alien & Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The diversity is GOOD for the franchise
It's never good for any film franchise.

highly sought after and goes for $700+ on eBay.
Just because scalpers are sellin' it for high price doesn't mean anything.
That happens to a lot of figures, artistic or craptastic or just because.

Let me just say we have different tastes then, which is really okay.
No need to defend your self here, man.
He's a great artist and I love a lot of his stuff.
Doesn't mean I should be possitive in any way about his take on something he obviously doesn't care for.
It's just a bunch of crazy silly fan art that FOX decided to produce because "It looks cool and has the name of our license on it!"

fits the honorable warrior theme of the Predator
:lol

Where do people come up with this crap???

Agreed. I love this samurai design, it fits the honorable warrior theme of the Predator very well. H
there is no honorable or warrior theme in Predator.
it was from the start and will always remain about a murdering alien who thinks humans are animals and loves blood and gore.
if you want honor and warriors, you should go to the jajuja franchise, which you've obviously actually done.

Predator 1 : So when the Predator takes his mask off to duel Dutch one on one, what do you call it? Also not shooting unarmed targets.

Predator 2 : When the Elder and the surrounding Yautja let Hartigan live and he even gets a prized trophy as a reward for winning his duel, what do you call it?

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

I dunno if this is the worst trolling I've even seen on this board or the dumbest Predator fan response I've ever read... Regardless, thanks for the laugh. lol

UPD
And he edited his post... how nice

will always remain about a murdering alien who thinks humans are animals and loves blood and gore
Most people can't watch these movies without their expensive comic booky fan fiction tinted glasses, unfortunately. :monkey2

Predator 1 : So when the Predator takes his mask off to duel Dutch one on one, what do you call it? Also not shooting unarmed targets.

Predator 2 : When the Elder and the surrounding Yautja let Hartigan live and he even gets a prized trophy as a reward for winning his duel, what do you call it?

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

exactly, the honor thing, aka killing only worthy prey and killing yourself if you fail to do so, respecting an enemy that kills a fellow warrior etc etc echoes feudal japan samurai code, was evident to me even as a child watching these movies.

to argue otherwise is... :rotfl:slap

how many times was it eluded to in movies? more than a few. can think of it being out right said many times. why is pred goin to conflict zones? to hunt worthy prey. if not he would be killing homeless and joggers in central park lolssss why is the alien the most prized trophy? cuz its the hardest to kill of course.

there is obvious warrior code goin on in their culture.

The Predator in P1 wasn't just going to kill himself with that bomb - he was going to kill Dutch. He laughed when he set it off :lol Hardly honorable. Nor was all the sniping while cloaked up in the trees - his primary method of killing in that film.

In P2 the City Hunter was going to set off his bomb while holding onto Harrigan, not to mention kill a lot of people in those buildings with the explosion. Though he at least partook of more sportsman-like hand-to-hand fighting with his prey throughout the movie. Still, his intentions with the bomb nullify all that.

Last edited:
Also, as I've said before, the self-destruct is not just some form of seppuku for a failed hunt. It's also to wipe out any traces of its existence to keep its technology out of the hands of other species.

i won't take part in persuading those casual people to listen to creators commentaries about blood thirsty murderers who only want nasty sport and blood parties, if they didn't see that in movies.
i won't repeat reminding about every scene from both movies, like killing the strongest first (Blaine), killing the injured weakened when they mess with the fun (Poncho) and slow the last standing prey, playing with unarmed prey running scared from plasma shots (Dutch in unfinished scene), killing invisibly and from the back as often as it's possible (almost every prey in both movies), killing helpless victims unable to defend themselves just to angry the main prey (Dannnyboy).
their brains are too washed by jajuja books and sites. so i'll just repeat that jajuja fans know nothing about actual predator universe. they don't know how the plot was built and what actors put into the movies, they only know comics crap.

This is how Predator hunt in the original movie:

Mossy-Oak_1.jpg

. . .

This is how Predator hunt in the sequel:

hunteddeltoro.jpg

. . .

This is what people who watch movies with their bum holes instead of eyes see in both:

7076e4c2bbfda8a7abba4ce3ba93d9e6.jpg

yeah.
they were so "super" that 3 of them were needed to immobilize some fat predator kid, according to the official motion comics

and beat or drug him to a condition where he couldn't even tear a thin chain easily cut by a machete.
remember P2 who broke a gun into pieces or made a hole shaped after his body by going through a metal floor in the subway.
and even that fat weakened creature stood in a fight against a perfectly healthy "Super Predator" for a very long time, kicking his ass and throwing him around until finally becoming as exhausted as P2 in the end of the movie.

Let me just say we have different tastes then, which is really okay (despite the number of arguments that pop up here on SSF) - it's just not my thing. If a non-Japanese artist had done it, I'm sure someone would be saying it's tasteless AND racist... you know how PC has invaded so you can't say anything without offending someone. So, not my thing, I'll leave it at that. Better?

Totally cool!

I happen to think this diversity is good for the franchise. Alien and Predator popularity waxes and wanes throughout the years...with both good and bad products (movies, video games, statues, etc.). If something like this helps make Predator appeal more to the Asian market so Fox takes notice and allows for more product (and perhaps a GOOD movie to follow)...then I’m all for it.

if it was in 1/6 and that rust color would be not so rusty, that would be so cool.

Back