Fight Night Round 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO BUTTONS?!?!?!

Ah well...i really hate the Analog stick punching control,i always used the buttons...Ive played these games ever since Knockout Kings for PS1 and now it looks like it`s over.

Thanks for sharing,i will save my money:)

Spot on. No buttons = no buy for me.

You guys not buying because the buttons were taken out are really missing out. The controls take a while to get used to....but its no different than learning anything else.....

I'll be getting this tomorrow and while I prefer buttons, I think I'll be able to manage with the analog sticks. I'm still hoping EA comes through and decides to provide button punching as DLC, and don't charge us for it!

I love the stick control, at first I hated it. But when they changed it, at first I was a little peeved. It does grow on you though, now I can't imagine a Fight Night game that didn't use the sticks.

Still haven't played this new one yet, but the old games rocked.

Can't believe you can't use your own music for entrances on PS3 but 360 has it, wish i'd have got the 360 version now. :(

I would say that this game has a pretty steep learning curve even for those very used to using the sticks to play. The timing is just so very different this time around. I don't know if its partially because of the jump in frames per second from 30 to 60, but something feels really different. I consider myself really good in round 3, and this time around I am really catching my fair share of lumps.......from the no-name guys.......these guys can FIGHT this time around.

How many training session do you have before a fight? i'm doing 2 at the moment playing on the champ setting i'm 11 fights 11 wins 10 ko's :D

My boxer is rated at 70 but the training is pretty tough so i'm auto training until he's a bit better, how are you guys doing in legacy?

Well I just finished up my Legacy career. I didn't even realize there were sliders that you could adjust in addition to the difficulty settings. It was fun and I'm probably gonna go through it again in a different weight class. I don't think this one is as good as Round 3, probably cause that one was such a leap forward. I'm glad the adjustable sliders were included also, cause it lets you make the game as easy or hard as you want.

I like the controls for the 360 a bit better than the PS3. Not exactly what it is, but the controls just feel better.....

I like the controls for the 360 a bit better than the PS3. Not exactly what it is, but the controls just feel better.....

For all other games i think the 360 pad is best but while trying both demos i found it so much easier to get ko's with the ps3 pad it was the main reason for buying the ps3 version something i never normally do as i like my 360 more. :)

There is a difference in the controls of the demo and the final product. Trust me, I have the game for both systems. The controls are a bit tighter for the 360.

There is a difference in the controls of the demo and the final product. Trust me, I have the game for both systems. The controls are a bit tighter for the 360.

Cool man but too late now and i'd never buy for both systems :horror

I'm really enjoying the game just about to get rank 1 in legacy, training is getting better with practice but some are still hard.

Auto-Train has quickly become my best friend......

:lol :lol

Yeah i did a fair bit of auto-train myself! just need to win 9 more fights and i'll be the G.O.A.T :cool:

Then i want to try to get good enough on the hardest setting cos lets be honest after you have done legacy there isn't a lot left to do. It would have been good if you could do custom tournaments etc.

Just bought this. Love it! The update(buttons) will be nice but using the sticks isnt hard to master.

I said i wasn`t gonna buy it because they didn`t include the button punching controls,but i bought it last night,and you guys were right,the analog stick is not hard to master once you get used to it.I Like this game,allthough the Legacy mode is rather boring and the training is damn hard so i just Auto-Train.

Does a USB stick with pics work in create mode?It says you need a USB cam but i read you can upload pics at ea.com and use those in the game,how does that work?

Online play is fun not alot of rage quits so far but theres a glitch in the game. I KO'd a guy last night at it gave him the win by KO. I was left yelling WTF. Heard this has been happening often from what the FNR4 boards have said. Hope theres a patch soon.

Back