Fellow Freaks Help me!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: so im gunna keep the surfer and cancel gambit

BUUUUUT now i have a chance to get Iron Spidey com. but it's the non EX, do i keep surfer still and get the EX spidey later or do i get the reg. iron spidey?

Before I bought my Iron Spidey, I had a chance to see both the reg and exc. in person, After seeing both I passed on the chance at an in-stock reg, and paid more on the 'bay for an exclusive, it's that much better IMO.

Spidey has so much red and gold as it is, that the white and blue in Cap's shield gives it a good aesthetic balance.

In the case of Iron Spider-Man, it's EX or fail.

cancel X-Force Dio and Gambit PF.
and as for ironspidey Reg version or Silver surfer, well don't get Iron spidey unless it's the Ex. it's a totally different statue with the tie ins imo.

Wow, i'm shocked to see how many people would cancel the Sabrethooth PF Ex. To each his own, but this is a definate must have for me..as well as the EX Wolvie PF. It's funny...when I first joined the boards it was PF or nothing...now the tide seems to have turned to more favoring the comiquettes.

Get the Surfer. Iron Spidey is a gimmick costume used to sell more comics.

???

Not really a gimmick as much as part of the Civil War storyline.

Stark needed some clout on the pro-registration side, and was able to get Parker. Parker had to reveal his identity to the world and so stark gave Pete the best set of armor/costume money could buy to help do his job. That's Stark being Stark. Not to mention, Civil War was handled by Millar/McNiven, no gimick needed to sell comics, these guys are powerhouses in the industry. Millar's talent alone sells itself quite well.

Wow, i'm shocked to see how many people would cancel the Sabrethooth PF Ex. To each his own, but this is a definate must have for me..as well as the EX Wolvie PF. It's funny...when I first joined the boards it was PF or nothing...now the tide seems to have turned to more favoring the comiquettes.

It's all that spandex and cloth. I collect statues not dolls. As the Computerfly conversion of the Spidey PF shows....comiquettes just look better than PF's. PF's should be made of the movie versions of Marvel characters. That is where the format works best IMHO. The Spidey, Hulk, and upcoming Cap and Thor movies would look good as PF's.

Comiquettes look like the characters are lifted right from the comics. The level of detail allowed with Coms can't ever be matched by PF's. They are covered up by the PF's spandex and cloth. There is no way around that fact.

It's all that spandex and cloth. I collect statues not dolls. As the Computerfly conversion of the Spidey PF shows....comiquettes just look better than PF's. PF's should be made of the movie versions of Marvel characters. That is where the format works best IMHO. The Spidey, Hulk, and upcoming Cap and Thor movies would look good as PF's.

Comiquettes look like the characters are lifted right from the comics. The level of detail allowed with Coms can't ever be matched by PF's. They are covered up by the PF's spandex and cloth. There is no way around that fact.

So did you cancel sabes and wolvie Filip?

So did you cancel sabes and wolvie Filip?

Never ordered them. I already have the EX Wolverine comiquette and will wait for a Sabretooth to be released as a comiquette. I only own the Mystique PF and that will be all for me. I don't dig cloth on my statues.

But the scale is all ____ed up.
There is no way around that fact!

Sure there is. I don't buy PF's so it's not a problem for me. The Mystique PF I own ( the ONLY PF I own) is displayed separately by itself in another room in my house. All of my SS comiquettes scale match up very well and I display them together. The problem PF owners have is they want to mix their PF's with comiquettes. SS obviously has a problem with that. Hence the different scales. This is not an accident. Whether we like it or not, SS wants the formats in 2 different scales.

LOL.
"My dolls have hard clothes, not soft clothes RAWR!"
Funny trying to take an aspect of the hobby and make it cooler than another that's the same thing.

They are NOT the same. When a painter can take stone and make it look like cloth, flesh, and metal, THAT is skill and art. You want clothes, get a tailor!

Sure there is. I don't buy PF's so it's not a problem for me. The Mystique PF I own ( the ONLY PF I own) is displayed separately by itself in another room in my house. All of my SS comiquettes scale match up very well and I display them together. The problem PF owners have is they want to mix their PF's with comiquettes. SS obviously has a problem with that. Hence the different scales. This is not an accident. Whether we like it or not, SS wants the formats in 2 different scales.

Hmm you make a great point filip... im thinking about canceling all PFs and just sticking to comiquettes bc of it

But Comiquettes aren't even in scale with themselves. All the Iron Man pieces are 1/4. Venom is and Carnage looks to be 1/4.
Magneto is damn near a 1/6 scale figure. The rest are roughly 1/5. It is ____ing stoopid of Sideshow having different scales in the same line. It is even more retarded having characters that are not possible in PF form to be shrunk down 25% inconsistently depending on I don't even know what "thinking".

Back