Top Ten Best statues to date (Your Grails)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xforce

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I was talking to my friend and we decided to try to come up with the top ten statues. A daunting task but here is what we came up with. And YES this is HIGHLY subjective

1) XM Magneto
2) Iron Studios Mageneto v Sentinel
3) Sideshow Colossus Sentinel dio
4) Bowen Silver Surfer museum (paint or chrome whichever you prefer)
5) Sideshow Thanos comiquette
6)xm phoenix
-------------------

after that is where I begin to lose it
Alex Ross Superman Forever - Sideshow superman I personally did not choose due to mixed media do not like cloth)
Bowen Thor spin hammer
Bowen Galactus (like comic version better than sideshows)
tweeterhead batman and robin
Bowen Savage Hulk or variant, though some would say Maestro or planet hulk
prime studios aquaman
salt n pepper green lantern
bowen ant man deluxe
Sideshow Doom on throne (for me again out due to mixed media)
Hulk vs spiderman Dio
Bowen Cable Sentinel head
WARNER BROS BATMAN:THE ANIMATED SERIES Maquette DARK KNIGHT
Sideshow Gambit
Sideshow amazing spiderman comiquette
sideshow silver surfer (prefer bowen one myself)
sideshow Venom

rcVXipD.jpg

This is a touchy subject for me. Not top 10 but when people say your grail or my grail. I believe a grail is a common thing. Meaning something that is sought after by many not just 1. It gets taken way out of context for me. I can't stand it when I'm looking at a thread, lets take Dr. Doom on the throne exclusive for example, and in the middle of the discussion someone will pop in with a Man of steel (Plastic Man) PF like, I finally got one of my grails today. Then I say, you can get those on eBay for $200 I don't think that's a grail. Then everyone starts commenting about a grail doesn't have a price on it and I've been wanting to order this for over 3 months, Blah, blah, blah. To each his own I guess but to me a grail is something that is not easily obtainable.

Definition of grail: A thing that is being earnestly pursued or sought after.

"a grail" = measurable based on high demand and low supply
"my grail" = subjective based purely on desire and ability/inability to personally acquire and/or reluctance to sell.

They are two different things but both are valid in their own way. Sometimes one meets the criteria of the other and vice versa. Another way to see it is that "a grail" is simply a "my grail" to a greater number of people making it more costly, but not more sought after by an individual who could care less. Come to think of it, something reaching "a grail" status is simply majority rules.

**** majority rules. My grail is always better than yours :wave

please ignore this post... its probably just the nyquil talking lol

Back