Fallout: New Vegas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just heard that like fallout 3 if you finish the last mission it doesn't let you carry on. :gah: Why would they do that again ?.

At the end of fallout 3 (providing you have the broken steel DLC) ,
when you type the code in project purity you go unconcious , and then woken up by somebody and then you get to carry on as you can now go to level 30.
The thing with oblivion is ,it was totaly open world , and i hated having to got through the metro tunnels to get to certain places.
I agree morrowind was stunning i had it on the original xbox.
I realy hope they do another elder schrolls.

cheers

Jay

At the end of fallout 3 (providing you have the broken steel DLC) ,
when you type the code in project purity you go unconcious , and then woken up by somebody and then you get to carry on as you can now go to level 30.
The thing with oblivion is ,it was totaly open world , and i hated having to got through the metro tunnels to get to certain places.
I agree morrowind was stunning i had it on the original xbox.
I realy hope they do another elder schrolls.

cheers

Jay

They will definitely do another one, it is their most successful franchise.

Beat it on hardcore. Just flew through it to get it over with. It was stupid hard. Will never play hardcore again. Went to start another character (well had to do it twice) cause it wont rank up from level one to two anymore. Guess Im waiting for a patch till I can play again. Oh like fallout 3 this also doesn't let you play past the end.

Beat it on hardcore. Just flew through it to get it over with. It was stupid hard. Will never play hardcore again. Went to start another character (well had to do it twice) cause it wont rank up from level one to two anymore. Guess Im waiting for a patch till I can play again. Oh like fallout 3 this also doesn't let you play past the end.

:rolleyes:
Geez, did you even have fun playing it?
Thats one of the reasons they make these games ya know...to have fun.

:rolleyes:
Geez, did you even have fun playing it?
Thats one of the reasons they make these games ya know...to have fun.

No, Hardcore sucked the fun out of everything that the game is. Thats why I decided to get through it as quick as possible.

Now, I can go back and take my time.

Holy shat! I will NEVER understand where some of you get the time to play a game that quickly. :dunno

Didn't they say during development that New Vegas was supposed to be bigger than the capitol wasteland?

There is no way in hell its even close to being the size of the fallout 3 map. It looks like its about 1/4 of the size.

Didn't they say during development that New Vegas was supposed to be bigger than the capitol wasteland?

There is no way in hell its even close to being the size of the fallout 3 map. It looks like its about 1/4 of the size.

Check out a couple other places on the interwebs, it looks like the initially planned on it being bigger but had to scale it down. They claim it is about the same size as F3.

I heard it was bigger in many reviews. That the desert has nothing going on and you can find yourself trecking across it for 15 minutes sometimes and it can get really boring and old real quick.

I heard it was bigger in many reviews. That the desert has nothing going on and you can find yourself trecking across it for 15 minutes sometimes and it can get really boring and old real quick.
Yea, its definatly a big map no doubt, but nowhere as big as the phenominally large scale of the captiol wasteland. Here I can walk across a large chunk of the map in a minute or two, wheras traversing the fallout 3 map took hours. Seems like it has a lot less to offer to. Nowhere near as many locations, and even the best ones out there (with the exclusion of New Vegas) seem like the unimportant shantytowns of Fallout 3 with a couple nondescript buildings and one or two interactable characters. Overall this whole product feels rushed and incomplete. Just a bigger than average DLC for fallout 3 instead of its own game.

Just picked this up and went home after a lengthy dinner and shopping night with my wife...

guess what I had waiting for me?

2 hour steam download? Why is steam trying to download the game when I have the retail? Do I cancel the download and not connect on steam?

This game is so buggy and behind with the times. The textures, character models and animations are crap. I've played it for a couple of hours and I can't see myself going back to it.

Just finished my dealings with Mr. House. Caesar's Legion for me : )

The game is awesome! The next Fallout(and Elder Scrolls as well) is in DIRE NEED of a new engine. I'm sure Bethesda knows this, so I'm not too worried.

But for now, the game is fantastic, the story is excellent, the music(which they brought back from Fallout and Fallout 2) is amazing.

This game is so buggy and behind with the times. The textures, character models and animations are crap. I've played it for a couple of hours and I can't see myself going back to it.

Fallout 3 while a great game was buddy and "behind the times" as well.

What would one expect from a game using the same dated engine from a different team who was basically just going to reskin FO3?

Thought this game was good - but definitely not great - and it seemed a lot easier than Fallout3 - plus it took me no time at all to finish quests.

I've finished the game with the Mr. House and Yes Man endings. Now I'm about to finish up with the NCR ending. That'll be it for me - don't really care to finish the game with the Legion ending. :lol

This game rules. Boone rocks as a companion.

I and am really hoping for another Elder Scrolls already!

Back