Fallout: New Vegas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/epFupigyIN8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/epFupigyIN8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Fallout: New Vegas is set for release this coming fall for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Games for Windows in North America and Europe, publisher Bethesda announced this morning. Development is being handled by Obsidian Entertainment, led by the founders of Black Isle Studios who previously worked on Fallout 1 and 2.

The debut teaser trailer released this morning depicts a barren wasteland surrounding a still-intact Las Vegas cityscape. How has the city survived? The camera pans back and reveals a treacherous-looking character wearing a mask and trench coat on the outskirts. The trailer ends with the line, "War, war never changes."

The website for Fallout: New Vegas also revealed this will be a single-player only title, and is set "in and around New Vegas in Nevada," perhaps meaning players won't be contained strictly within city limits.

The website also gives fans a greeting, and a few words of warning, as they prepare to enter New Vegas.

"Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland."

"A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay.

Been waiting for some new news on New Vegas. I've put in over 70 hours in Fallout 3 so really looking foward to getting this one.

is it dlc? or a disc?
sounds like fun i just hope my character can carry over and not a whole new game lol

Its a whole new game. 101 kid has nothing to do with it from what I've heard.

oh ok, the description makes it sound like a vault simulation, i think thats lame. i hated that dlc in fallout 3 and am not too interested in it this time. wait and see i guess:D

According to the Fallout: New Vegas Wiki, the following is the setting of the new addition:

The game is set in a post-apocalyptic, retro-futurist Las Vegas following the Great War between the US, China and other countries, a conventional and nuclear war that occurred on October 23, 2077 and lasted less than two hours despite causing immense damage and destruction. Before the Great War were the Resource Wars, during which the United Nations disbanded, a plague rendered the United States paranoid, and Canada was annexed. The city of New Vegas itself didn't get hit as much as other districts, and most buildings were left intact. Hoover Dam supplies all the free electricity and water to those who control it.

The story will continue some parts of the Fallout and Fallout 2 stories, but will not be related in any way to the one in Fallout 3.

Fallout: New Vegas will take place in 2280, 3 years after the events of Fallout 3 and 41 years after Fallout 2, making this installment set the farthest in the series. The New California Republic will play a major part in the story, in a three way struggle between the NCR, the Caesar's Legion slavers, and the local New Vegas populace.

The player will play as a courier, who was left to die in a shallow grave, rescued by a robot named Victor, and patched up by a Doctor Mitchell.

This sounds great! Don't care if it's not related to Fallout 3 at all, and Courier? As in mail courier? Sorry I am British, does Courier have some slang meaing for something else? Not to seem stupid :lol

This sounds great! Don't care if it's not related to Fallout 3 at all, and Courier? As in mail courier? Sorry I am British, does Courier have some slang meaing for something else? Not to seem stupid :lol

No I think they mean Courier like postman; or mail courier. For some reason the movie "The Postman" with Kevin Costner comes to mind. I don't know why - maybe the correlation with the movie being post-apocalyptic and the guy being a courier and Fallout being post-apocalyptic and this guy being a courier as well.

Kinda sounds to me a little too similar; oh well, at least it will be in Vegas.

Maybe it will be a version of The Hangover meets the Postman. I just hope Carlos is in the game.

May 6, 2010 - We recently got our first major look at Fallout: New Vegas, where Bethesda and Obsidian made it abundantly clear that this is no mere expansion to IGN's 2008 Game of the Year. In case you're the type of person who likes things in list format -- or if you're just looking for a bit more about this upcoming RPG -- we've compiled a set of reasons why this is one game you should be excited for. We are, after all, and don't you want to be like us?

https://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1088185p1.html

CAN'T F'ING WAIT!!!!

I didn't think Fallout 3 would be a game I could get into but it was a lot of fun. So excited about this when it comes out!

Interesting I wonder if they'll portray the Brotherhood of Steel at the west as more of a selfish organization this time. Y'know to keep the way the BOS is like in Fallout 1 & 2.

I have started playing Fallout 3 again but I have played it so many times now it's a bit boring :banghead want this game so bad!

I have started playing Fallout 3 again but I have played it so many times now it's a bit boring :banghead want this game so bad!

Yeah man...Just started my 10th character. Still loving it though. Playing all the content inbetween the original game really helps me.

Back