Falling Skies on TNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who watched the last season?
I thought it had some pretty good episodes, but felt rushed overall. The finale was very anti-climactic, as well as very rushed.
I think the whole series really suffered because of Tom Mason's character (which I suspect had to do with Noah Wyle's role as producer, was it?) being so goody-good preachy, which made the entire series preachy.
It was a fun series to watch, but it won't be missed.

The previous seasons I really enjoyed, but yeah this last was all over the place and rushed. I agree with what you said about Tom, but i also think the entire series as a whole was written poorly. Its like they had a great concept but didn't know what to do with it after the first couple seasons. There seemed to be a lot of "lets pull X out of our ass so Y can happen." Without much logic connecting them. Which is pretty much the sum of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I only kept watching this long because for some reason I really liked Ben and Hal characters and actors.

The previous seasons I really enjoyed, but yeah this last was all over the place and rushed. I agree with what you said about Tom, but i also think the entire series as a whole was written poorly. Its like they had a great concept but didn't know what to do with it after the first couple seasons. There seemed to be a lot of "lets pull X out of our ass so Y can happen." Without much logic connecting them. Which is pretty much the sum of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I only kept watching this long because for some reason I really liked Ben and Hal characters and actors.

Agreed on all counts.
The extra alien race subplot was a total mess, the biker gang was useless at best, how they simply ripped one of Ben's spikes off without any permanent damage... I could go on and on...
And yet, there were some great moments, like the military camp. That could've filled up half a season nicely. But it was over in two and half episodes.

So who watched the last season?
I thought it had some pretty good episodes, but felt rushed overall. The finale was very anti-climactic, as well as very rushed.
I think the whole series really suffered because of Tom Mason's character (which I suspect had to do with Noah Wyle's role as producer, was it?) being so goody-good preachy, which made the entire series preachy.
It was a fun series to watch, but it won't be missed.

I hated what the did to the character of Pope. Stupid. The whole season was rushed and going no where. Awful to me. And I agree with you about Noah Wyle. Though I don't find it preachy, I just don't think he's a good producer. His kids should've died at some point, but of course they were all unscathed, while everyone else gets killed. The show had promise but........... Anyway, won't miss it at all.

Back