Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realize most of these haven't shipped yet. But sure, wait until you have in hand to chime in. I have my own opinion so if enough others are interested we could probably make a go of it. This isn't something that would even start for 3-4 months at the earliest, so should be enough time to build an interest list. These are fantastic figures, but would be great to see them taken to the next level.

BigBadToystore has an April shipping and TimeWalker mid to late March... Wonder if I will see them soon. Hope so.

I just received my set of three this morning. I'm the first person in North America to have them, literally. My name credit is printed on the boxes, so now it's time for me to go through my own stargate sequence... I'll post some pics soon. jupiter08.jpg

I just received my set of three this morning. I'm the first person in North America to have them, literally. My name credit is printed on the boxes, so now it's time for me to go through my own stargate sequence... I'll post some pics soon.View attachment 258497

Congrats! But you got them directly from HK right? BigBadToyStore and TimeWalker has an estimate of May now.... Hope I get them before I move out of the country [emoji32]

ive been in the process of modding this thing almost entirely.. replacing the hands, repainting the back and front packs, repainting the head (until a better one is customized), dulling out the metal parts, and changing the body. its a good base, but needs tons of work IMO

ive been in the process of modding this thing almost entirely.. replacing the hands, repainting the back and front packs, repainting the head (until a better one is customized), dulling out the metal parts, and changing the body. its a good base, but needs tons of work IMO
The first mod I did was to fix the way the helmet is seated. After all sorts of wild ideas, I found a very simple solution: I cut a short piece of clear plastic, about 1/2" long, and propped it under the point where the neck meets the under side of the chin. The other end is propped forward and down, into the L-shaped inner edge of the lower metal neck ring. This forces the neck ring down, so the helmet sits lower on the head and shows the whole face through the 'glass'. The head also sits further back inside the helmet, making the head look slightly smaller than it actually is.

Question: What technique are you using to dull the chrome? I've considered a number of different options, including brushing lemon juice onto the chrome to let the citric acid do the job.

I have both Bowman and Poole for Sale @ $375.00 each

Both were never displayed and only boxes opened to inspect the contents

Also listed in the for sale section

I finally got these. Got them from nyc1962 :).
My initial thought is that the suits are well done. I especially like the metal parts and how they slide into each other. The materials are great.
As other people have said the figures are a bit too tall. Also I would have preferred the oxygen tank and the helmet had been painted instead of being cast in the colors as - it would have looked more authentic. And well, I had preferred that the heads had been painted... Almost no paint on them. So I'll do that myself.
All in all I'm glad I got them even if the price is a bit much for what you get.
What mods did people do to these?

Last edited:

Any chance you could show us pictures? And which bodies did you use?

I finally got these. Got them from nyc1962 :).
My initial thought is that the suits are well done. I especially like the metal parts and how they slide into each other. The materials are great.
As other people have said the figures are a bit too tall. Also I would have preferred the oxygen tank and the helmet had been painted and well instead of being cast in the colors as it would have looked more authentic. And well, I had preferred that the heads had been painted... Almost no paint on them. So I'll do that myself.
All in all I'm glad I got them even if the price is a bit much for what you get.
What mods did people do to these?

Im still waiting on mine! taking FOREVER!

Im still waiting on mine! taking FOREVER!

Yes, I was in contact with ex rep on April 17th and they said the container was leaving that week and it would take another 30-45 days till the us retailers finally have it. So by the end of the month...

Good for you that they came through with the comps. I know artist who worked for them that never got comps they were owed for several figures they contributed to.

I am considering pulling up the pants and cutting out a slice of each leg instead of going through the procedure of changing the bodies. To me it looks like the hight problem is the legs being too long due to them not going deep enough into the boots... How does that sound?
The shiny metal is not a problem to me and the heads I'll be able to (re)paint myself. I'll probably keep the helmet and oxygen tank as is.

The height of the figure without the helmet is 12-3/4 inches. Subtract about 3/16th" for the boot heels, and you get a naked body height of 12 and 9/16th inches- just barely over 12 and a half. That translates to a life-scale height of 6 feet, 3 inches. Kier Dullea was 6 feet tall even, in 1968.
SO: You should remove 1/2 inch to make him the correct height. (1/2 inch equals 3 inches at 1:6 scale)
If you remove 1/2 inch from the legs, that might make the arms look too long... The only way to maintain correct body proportions would be to remove 1/4 inch from the lower legs, 1/4 from the thighs, then maybe 1/8th from the forearms and 1/8th from the upper arms... So maybe replacing the body is the way to go, on the Dave only.

Gary Lockwood was 6 feet 2 inches tall, so the figure of him is only ONE SCALE INCH too tall, or about 4.23 millimeters.
To me, it's not even worth it to shorten the Lockwood.

Last edited:
Back