Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the reaction to the price in the first place was mostly peoples (myself included) regrets that we would need to invest that much money - even though we all knew that an high quality and extremely limited run from a 1968 movie hardly could be cheaper than these. Unfortunately. I think we are all just relieved that they didn't turn out crappy. ...the reaction to a Sideshow product is a different story. They are 'mass producing' figures at HT prices and do not mach the quality of HT.

:exactly::goodpost:

The figs have been quality made. I wonder how much it cost ER to get the 2001 licence? I'm guessing Warner Bros owns the licence since its on the box, although MGM produced the film back in 1968.

2001 is much more niche a market compared to Star Wars or any other sci-fi genre really. Imo you either get 2001 or you don't, which is fine.
I think with most collectibles especially action figs, prices will go up as these are harder to get hold of.

Oh yeah ER forgot to charge me for the blue space suit, even though I PO'd it with them :lol
So that's why I only got the two figs delivered. I sent an e-mail saying I will settle up with them, so fingers crossed I will get the other suit soon.

:exactly::goodpost:

The figs have been quality made. I wonder how much it cost ER to get the 2001 licence? I'm guessing Warner Bros owns the licence since its on the box, although MGM produced the film back in 1968.

2001 is much more niche a market compared to Star Wars or any other sci-fi genre really. Imo you either get 2001 or you don't, which is fine.
I think with most collectibles especially action figs, prices will go up as these are harder to get hold of.

Oh yeah ER forgot to charge me for the blue space suit, even though I PO'd it with them :lol
So that's why I only got the two figs delivered. I sent an e-mail saying I will settle up with them, so fingers crossed I will get the other suit soon.

Otherwise BigBadToyStore has it. Same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43946ccfbe5a1fe65cad532781e85682.jpg

Silver suit - anyone know the story behind this?

Where is that original photo from? That looks like an Executive Replicas display. Looks like the Heywood suit without the front/back pack made yet.

Hope, hope, hope we get a silver suit.

suits_monolith.jpg

Found the original images at high resolution (front and back shots). They took this Oct. 11, 2014. I'll ask him what he knows about the silver suit and if he talked to the people at Executive Replicas at this show.

The silver suit is labeled as William Sylvester who plays Dr. Heywood R. Floyd.

15324901370_6555c60270_o.jpg

15325057087_237bae28e6_o.jpg

A silver suit would be cool. But I just wish they'd use a different, thinner material. Even some cloth material would be better - allowing a figure to actually pose, which these figures cannot do due to thickness of suit and weak joints. I mean Hot Toys and Sideshow make outfits that can look like something other than normal cloth but allow the figure to be posed.

Also, I guess the solo suits don't comes with the back/chest pack? That sucks. :(

Sean

A silver suit would be cool. But I just wish they'd use a different, thinner material. Even some cloth material would be better - allowing a figure to actually pose, which these figures cannot do due to thickness of suit and weak joints. I mean Hot Toys and Sideshow make outfits that can look like something other than normal cloth but allow the figure to be posed.

Also, I guess the solo suits don't comes with the back/chest pack? That sucks. :(

Sean

The blue suit does come with the packs. I would guess the silver suit would too - and there might even be a figure in there.
9b4ff8d413e5a4048d77dff76b0bf398.jpg

Last edited:
The blue suit does come with the packs. I would guess the silver suit would too - and there might even be a figure in there.
9b4ff8d413e5a4048d77dff76b0bf398.jpg

The clue on the display tag is that the silver suit is going to be the Dr Heywood Floyd figure played by William Sylvester. Could life get better!? I think not. Kudos to Executive Replicas for doing this line of 2001 figures and doing it so well. :hi5:

15324901370_6555c60270_o.jpg

Anthrapoid is it too late to give Executive Replicas a correction on their silver Heywood helmet?

The movie used silver suit helmets didn't have the rectangles on the upper left of the individual memory modules above the 3 bottom rectangles. It just had the 3 vertical rectangles on each module and the outline top of those rectangles were painted silver. See the actual screen used helmet and screen cap reference below.

clavius helmet_backside.jpg

Here's a reminder of the initial Executive Replicas prototype. I hope they can correct the back of the helmet on the memory modules. The 4 smaller rectangles on the left top of each memory module shouldn't be there and the top of the 3 vertical slits should be painted silver.

15325057087_237bae28e6_o_1.jpg

Attachments

• 15325057087_237bae28e6_o.jpg
    15325057087_237bae28e6_o.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 267
These were on display at New York Comic Con in October 2014. ER also displayed them at last year's show. Winston, the ER president, told me he planned to make the silver suit if the Bowman and Poole sold well.

43946ccfbe5a1fe65cad532781e85682.jpg

Silver suit - anyone know the story behind this?

I was a kid and recorded it on a cassete tape while it played on tv..........:lol

Back