Ever broke one of your collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avenger, don't let it bother you. If you look hard enough at your pieces, you will find something wrong with EACH and EVERY one.

there is no such thing as a Perfect Piece, and when people say their piece is flawless, they're bull____ting.

Great advice although I know the part of this that eats away at you... it's knowing that yesterday, a few mins ago whatever it looked BETTER than it does now.. even if it is imperfect. It was still better :(

Snapped my Hot Toy's Dutch's leg just the other day. I froze, sitting there staring into space, clutching the severed leg of my beloved.

Oh, I also broke one of my Medicom Dark Knights wrist pegs. Coming, described as 'new', to an ebay near you

I dont want to bash Medicom but all my Medicom Figures have broken Parts. Gnaaaaah... *sigh*

Snapped a hand peg in my T-800 trying to remove the fisted hand. No big deal since it comes with extra pegs, but it still means I can never use that hand again.

Snapped my Hot Toy's Dutch's leg just the other day. I froze, sitting there staring into space, clutching the severed leg of my beloved.

Ditto for me reaction wise but mine was the wrist peg. Snapped it clean off at the arm. Took a bit of drilling but I got the peg out...what a bit**!

Yeh, nice work fixing it anyway. I attempted the same thing with my Medi Dark Knight, eventually gave up and just glued the damn hand in there.

I dont want to bash Medicom but all my Medicom Figures have broken Parts. Gnaaaaah... *sigh*
Same actually. I've only ever had two to be fair but they've both broke. My Peter Parker's arm snapped clean off. During the repairing process the other one pinged off.

Unfortunately I have several broken pieces. Most have been well repaired. The first time one of my pieces broke I was very upset and thought about replacing it. Then I settled on a good repair job. It gets easier to take with each broken collectible though I still try to keep all of my collection in the best condition as possible. Still accidents happen.

look at all those super old valuable statues and paintings!!! Michaelangelo, davinci....they are cracked and broken, some even missing arms:) but they are still valuable, not saying that this will be the case with today's statues but go Look at all of them. All my toys will be shoved in my sarcophagus with my cremated face

The mian thing I broke that really ticked me off was the Elder P2's plasma caster which for some stupid reason is stuck in the up position. So when I was putting the armor on the body it snapped off. You'd think they go out of their way to do that great a sculpt that theyd let the thing fold down. Oh well I took loyalvariable's idea and put a drop of glue on it and then taped it up with some old wrapping to make it look as though it fit with the rest of the figure. Still annoying though.

Almost all my Kruegers are gimps in some fashion. I used to get very grumpy about it but now I just accept it. I house gimpy figures.

Back when Marmit was the hot company for 1/6 figures, I didn't know about softening the Stormtrooper armor with a blow dryer or heat gun to fit the legs through the abdomen part. I ended up snapping the leg off the hip within minutes of opening the box.

While opening the Cody LSB I lifted the top half of the styrofoam away and I was treated to a blue flash heading towards the floor. I swear it happened in slow motion. The emperor was badly damaged but luckily I was able to get a replacement from SS. Now while opening a new piece I act as if I am defusing a bomb.

Several years back, late one night, my English Bulldog dragged a chair across my studio to climb onto a filing cabinet. He proceeded to shove a favorite piece off the cabinet, and it subsequently shattered on the floor. The next morning, I contacted my art director at Sideshow to see if they had any I could purchase as a replacement. He was silent for a moment, then informed me that Weta's Balrog was long since sold out but I might be able to find one on Ebay for $3K or $4K. Stoopid dog.

DSC_0291_5316.jpg

this baby hellboy got snapped into 2 at the torso.
due to an alcohol related shenanigans with a lady friend.

i really loved that figure...more than my HT hellboy. :[

I had the fortune of picking up Neca's 26" Balrog from Lord of the rings for £18 brand new from my local comic book store. I was an early collector back then. Anyway I ended up breaking the tail by accident so I decided to get rid of the figure. I sold it to another toy shop in my area for £20. Little did I know that Neca only made 2000 of them and the original price was £110. The shop that I had originally bought it from had it in their basement for 4 years, they couldn't put it on display because it was so big. You can bet that I now regret this as the Balrog is extremly rare. Oh well I guess easy come, easy go.

I broke the compass thing on my HT Chris Redfield. Nothing a little super glue couldn't fix and I can buy the part on ebay pretty cheap but still sucks it broke. I also broke one of the flames on my NECA Kratos figure. Again nothing super glue couldn't fix though.

Back when Marmit was the hot company for 1/6 figures, I didn't know about softening the Stormtrooper armor with a blow dryer or heat gun to fit the legs through the abdomen part. I ended up snapping the leg off the hip within minutes of opening the box.

I did the same thing... tried gluing the damn thing together which was just a mess :lol Luckily I quickly found a number of tutorials on swapping out the body as the Marmit one was shat to begin with... that made me feel a bit better.

Several years back, late one night, my English Bulldog dragged a chair across my studio to climb onto a filing cabinet. He proceeded to shove a favorite piece off the cabinet, and it subsequently shattered on the floor. The next morning, I contacted my art director at Sideshow to see if they had any I could purchase as a replacement. He was silent for a moment, then informed me that Weta's Balrog was long since sold out but I might be able to find one on Ebay for $3K or $4K. Stoopid dog.

Damn... now that is an epic ____ up! If its any consolation I think the Balrog now sells for a bit less :huh

Back