Ever broke one of your collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years ago I dropped my Volts V. yes the original you see on EBay for $2,000. My 18 inch Jason fell off the dresser and in the process took the Screamin Alien Dog and broke both arms off. John Connor's gun broke, Duke's gun barrel broke off, Terminator Salvation the exclusive version his right foot. Too many to name. I gotta be more careful with my figures.

Back when MacFarlane released the first series of Aliens vs. Predator action figures, I bought the entire first wave. Of the 6 figures, 4 broke coming out of the plastic tray, and one of the others broke immediately when I started posing him. That was the end of my relationship with McToys and pretty much the end of my action figure days.

I had the Diamond Select Ash bust sitting on top of the TV in my bedroom and my new kitten was busy exploring. She jumped on top of the TV and walked behind the bust, and everything was fine. Once I finally exhaled, she turned around quickly and the bust took a dive. It was probably only airborne for a fraction of second, but I swear it took ten times as long to hit the ground and shatter. Kinda like how time slows down when you're having a car accident.

I've since moved on exclusively to PFs and LSBs, and haven't had any problems. Any damaged item is quickly replaced by Sideshow's customer service department.

Back