Ever broke one of your collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently broke a piece off one of my favorite SS statues, which even now leaves me sick over it. I was able to epoxy back on the piece and paint over the cracks to the point it would be very difficult to tell it was ever broken to begin with. Even someone looking it over for breaks would have a hard time spotting this due to the low visibility area where it broke and the good repair I did. However, I will always know it's broken and that this is no longer a mint piece. And, that makes me want to buy a new one despite having done what I feel like is a nearly perfect repair.

With time I might not be bothered by this as much I guess. Anyone have their own stories of woe over broken and now misfit collectibles?

Two. I snapped a couple of fingers off my SSE Dracula and I broke a tusk of my PF Vader. Drac was fixable, Vader...not so much, but it's tiny so I'm living with it. Still annoys me though.

Anything broken I will immediately have to get replaced no matter how invisible it is... it'll eat away at me.

NECA...
:gah:
I dont think I have to elaborate further... however this brought out a talent in me that I never imagined myself to become...

ACTION FIGURE REPAIR-MAN!! :devil(have repaired a LOT of NECA Aliens, TMNT, Terminator 2 and a couple of Hot Toys) All you need is a tool kit and patience and confidence...

One of the 1st lessons I learned as a collector, you need to develop tougher skin or else this hobby will eat you alive. No piece is perfect.

I broke off a leg on my cleaner predator. I was trying to set him up in a crouching position and snap. Still havent fixed it.. but one of these days I will try the dremel/pin support.

my war machine leg came loose in the box and upon moving snapped off.. luckily i was able to pop the ball joint back in.

I broke off a leg on my cleaner predator. I was trying to set him up in a crouching position and snap. Still havent fixed it.. but one of these days I will try the dremel/pin support.

my war machine leg came loose in the box and upon moving snapped off.. luckily i was able to pop the ball joint back in.

Super glue it, man. You'd be very surprised how damn well that stuff can hold. Just don't gunk it on. A fair amount is all you need.

yeap my detolf rocked and some bown busts broke!:mad::monkey2
Cap(shield), EX Punisher(gun), Diamond select alex ross mini wolverine(tip of mask) Black queen(fingers) Young Logan(Bone claws). Fixed all except for BQ fingers could not find them:mad:

Super glue it, man. You'd be very surprised how damn well that stuff can hold. Just don't gunk it on. A fair amount is all you need.

I've had two items I bought on eBay that were supposed to be new, but had been broken and "fixed" with super glue. There was so much on it rebroke during shipping. It was an easy fix though, all it needed was a little dab and they're good as new.

Its a right of passage.

Like masturbating, we have all done it though not everyone will admit to it.

And I prefer the mentally unstable/extra strong glue (not for masturbating, of course).

One of the 1st lessons I learned as a collector, you need to develop tougher skin or else this hobby will eat you alive. No piece is perfect.

:goodpost: I used to be extra precious about the slightest damage or imperfections in any of my figures. I used to buy parted out items to replace bits that had minor defects - I replaced a whole figure once even though the repair I did on it was invisible. Deciding not to care so much about these things was liberating, I recommend it :)

I've broken several due to accidents while handling it. Usually it was due to an extremely fragile piece of the collectible not being given enough clearance from my hand or finger moving near it.

Examples are:

Gentle Giant Holiday Commander Cody bust antenna

Gentle Giant 4-LOM mini bust inner elbow connector

I tripped on something and in order to brace myself from falling my hand snapped the lightsaber of my Gentle Giant Darth Maul statue.

Back