Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FMYEAH.gif

The eyes are always the most difficult to sculpt, but also the most important part to get right. I don't know to what degree Shawn is right about licensing issues about the likeness but I have a hard time imagining how the final product looked right to EB. These aren't some amateurs who're giving the approval and missing the most crucial part stumbles me. Stallone has very characteristic eyes and HT unlike EB paid a good attention on that.

Riddick for president ! You nailed it !

...if you can do this on future Bruce Lee figures, then I would be very happy as we need good and constructive critics.

I actually would be all over a First Blood 1:4 much rather than to RIII. Hopefully it'd have a revised headsculpt, too. What do you guys think the chances are of them releasing one? Does anybody know whether Hot Toys holds the rights to that one or something?

B) since HT also have the Rambo license, they can't risk/leak any infos or pics.

Is that so? Do they have the exclusive rights to First Blood, though? I still hold hope for an EB FB 1:4 figure.

I bet if you put the T800 glass on Rambo he'd look just like Sly hehe.

He would. The eyes are the only problem aren't they?

Marion Cobretti custom, anyone? :)

Perfect PS changes Riddick! At least I can save the picture of what could have been.

A negative of enterbay's new strategy of not showing a figure til it's the finished product, if only they revealed the headsculpt months ago so they could of had time to change it after feedback

What's strange is they're inconsistent this way, the 1/4 T800 and MIB figures have been teased all along the way, yet both Scarface figures and Rambo are just unloaded on the market.

Yeah I forgot about the MIB sculpts, normally I just point to the T-800. They've been shown almost from the off. Why them and not Rambo?

I haven't been following the MIB threads, are there any criticisms of those sculpts?

no criticisms on the MIB sculpts, they're utter perfection, which is why I am so perplexed by Rambo, their sculpts since this rebirth period have been amazing, Rambo is the worst of the lot.

Its an excellent piece of work and its mostly there but far as some of us can tell the eyes aren't Sly's. And Sly has distinctive eyes not like many other people's. Get them wrong and you've hampered a very important part of his likeness. I thought the Photoshops demonstrated this pretty clearly.

Hence me saying its mostly there. For me the eye change makes it damn near 100%. Its a pity it isn't when it so easily could be.

To capture Stallone, even if the whole portrait isn't 100%, you have to at least get the eyes and lips, they are his most distinct features and EB missed on the eyes, they're not Stallone's and it has nothing to do with the expression, I posted a shot of Stallone from the Rambo 3 poster making the same face and the EB head just doesn't capture him.

For the life of me, how is this sculpt off? It looks like Sly in Rambo III.

But look in any case, don't let us spoil the figure for you if you're happy with it. You seemed to ask for clarification on what we thought was off so we answered. However nothing can be done at this stage anyway. Thats the other issue thats being talked about. Why was this figure, and not all other figures aswell, only shown at this late stage? Whats EB's thinking behind that?

I think the headsculpt looks incredible. A must buy for me. And like I said earlier,I doubt any of the flaws with the eyes will stand out once you have this masterpiece in hand. It seems to be getting positive feedback on there FB page aswell.

I just want to see the whole figure, if it all looks amazing, I can probably get past the eyes, but the body and accessory list are still in the air. I wonder of he'll come with the tank an long sleeve shirt as well, what weapons he'll have in total, I more than what we've seen. I also wonder what they'll do for a display stand since most of his time was standing on dirt.

Back