Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay Real Masterpiece Rambo announced!

I'm just posting cuz I love Rambo and it's just fun to talk about, even if nothing ever comes of it, but fair warning, I'll probably talk twice as much if an actual figure is ever shown :lol

Cutting back? :nana::nana::nana: :lol

Thos, I might almost see myself tiring of, Terminators are mor action than character dvelopment. For me, Rambo 4 is about character growth and each costume ends up reresenting a stage of that in the mvie and has greater meaning than just another. I will never tire of those stages, they are why I love the character.

For me, the Endos are all about design. Even something as simple as the textured T-800 released as a T-700 looks quite different on the shelf. I didn't really see any character development in Rambo at all in the last film. He was no more human at the end than he was in Pt. II with Co or at the end of FB with Trautman at the police station. Seemed like the a-typical Rambo story. Starts out calm, trouble happens, warrior emerges, liberates the oppressed, returns to Rambo's form of "normalcy."

Cutting back? :nana::nana::nana: :lol

Just being conservative with my estimate :lol

For me, the Endos are all about design. Even something as simple as the textured T-800 released as a T-700 looks quite different on the shelf. I didn't really see any character development in Rambo at all in the last film. He was no more human at the end than he was in Pt. II with Co or at the end of FB with Trautman at the police station. Seemed like the a-typical Rambo story. Starts out calm, trouble happens, warrior emerges, liberates the oppressed, returns to Rambo's form of "normalcy."

I can see that, but it's the beauty of collecting and fandom, we all see things differently, and most collect to suit our views and interest. Most people will see one side to Rambo 4 and be happy with one figure, I see a few sides and want each represented.

I can see that, but it's the beauty of collecting and fandom, we all see things differently, and most collect to suit our views and interest. Most people will see one side to Rambo 4 and be happy with one figure, I see a few sides and want each represented.

No, I have nothing wrong with seeing different versions of the same character as they progress through the movie. I'm surprised HT didn't do that with Dutch, especially with how fast he dried up. I think all 3 would've seen some level of success, Red polo outfit, Dutch in country, battle damage Dutch. Unfortunately, if they release a RAMBO figure, I think we'll only see a single figure to comprise all of the looks. So you'll be left to customize for the first, third and final looks.

No, I have nothing wrong with seeing different versions of the same character as they progress through the movie. I'm surprised HT didn't do that with Dutch, especially with how fast he dried up. I think all 3 would've seen some level of success, Red polo outfit, Dutch in country, battle damage Dutch. Unfortunately, if they release a RAMBO figure, I think we'll only see a single figure to comprise all of the looks. So you'll be left to customize for the first, third and final looks.

I'm actually all set, I've got the whole first act costume already, it's really his green jacket from the end that I'm struggling with, in fact, whoever makes a figure could just do only the jacket, the rest is very easy to source.

I'm actually all set, I've got the whole first act costume already, it's really his green jacket from the end that I'm struggling with, in fact, whoever makes a figure could just do only the jacket, the rest is very easy to source.

The M65 on the FB Rambo won't fit the Barney body? Mine's still packed up so I haven't gotten to it otherwise I would've checked.

The M65 on the FB Rambo won't fit the Barney body? Mine's still packed up so I haven't gotten to it otherwise I would've checked.

Thing is, he's not wearing an M65, it almost looks like a green windbreaker but it has flaps on the shoulders like a militry coat. I've searched the net to find out what type of coat it is with no luck and closist thing I've seen on ebay is an aviator coat with a furry bottom and wrists. The M65 does fit on Barney, I tried it just for kicks when I got him.

Thing is, he's not wearing an M65, it almost looks like a green windbreaker but it has flaps on the shoulders like a militry coat. I've searched the net to find out what type of coat it is with no luck and closist thing I've seen on ebay is an aviator coat with a furry bottom and wrists. The M65 does fit on Barney, I tried it just for kicks when I got him.

Looks like an M65 to me, just without the inside lining. Especially the way it's drawn up in the back. :huh

Looks like an M65 to me, just without the inside lining. Especially the way it's drawn up in the back. :huh

I just had another look, it does appear to be an M65, the bottom pockets are never seen in light and I thought the first time I took a hard look that I saw diagonal slits like modenr coats and not the pockets like an M65. Still need HT to make it though, only figure I know of to come with one is the First Blood Rambo. If only the Barney body weren't so big, it'd be nice to have a better fitting one for the First Blood figure, but even if HT made a Rambo 4 and included the coat, it'd probably still look big on the First Blood figure.

I just had another look, it does appear to be an M65, the bottom pockets are never seen in light and I thought the first time I took a hard look that I saw diagonal slits like modenr coats and not the pockets like an M65. Still need HT to make it though, only figure I know of to come with one is the First Blood Rambo. If only the Barney body weren't so big, it'd be nice to have a better fitting one for the First Blood figure, but even if HT made a Rambo 4 and included the coat, it'd probably still look big on the First Blood figure.

Might wanna look into some of DiD's U.S. WWII stuff. Simple dyejob and you've got a perfect substitute that works with the Barney bod.

Looks like a M65 to me. Being a Vietnam Vet, I don't see a reason why he would wear anything else.

Well I know very little about the military, I figured he'd go home with a modern military jacket, since we never see him in posession of it after First Blood, but, for the sake of the symetry of the ending, I could see ignoring unavailability of those coats to have him wearing the same kind.

Well I know very little about the military, I figured he'd go home with a modern military jacket, since we never see him in posession of it after First Blood, but, for the sake of the symetry of the ending, I could see ignoring unavailability of those coats to have him wearing the same kind.

:confused: They're available at just about every military surplus store on the map! :lol

Like I said, I don't know much about military, thus why I reach out to those who know more around here.

Do we actually know this is 1/6 ?

The picture uses the term 'Real Masterpiece' which used to mean EB 1/6 but the Terminator they are showing is 1/4.

Maybe they have decided that 'Real Masterpiece' means movable limbs and 'HD Masterpiece' means statue.

Rambo may be 1/4 as well...

Would you like me to see if I can find you a 1:1 M65 jacket? :lol

I've found one at a movie costuming shot and American Eagle is actually selling a military coat that looks like an M65, but I'm undecided about getting one :lol

Couldn't resist glimpsing at what could be, though I know we're still a long way off.

8.jpg

Back