Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay Real Masterpiece Rambo announced!

Must say EB has some very promising licenses this year. Hope the end products turn out well and fall into the affordable pricerange.

Just check out the EB website. https://www.enterbay.com/web/list.php?id=33 or https://www.enterbay.com/ The Real Masterpiece line is 1/6, HD Masterpiece is 1/4. T2 is stated to be a HD Masterpiece, hence 1/4. The ad states this to be a 'Real Masterpiece' (1/6).
I understand the confusion about the ad though... maybe they're doing an 1/6 T2 aswell?

:lol yeah I actually just did that and posted about it in the T2 1/4 scale figure thread. Definitely different scales from Enterbay. I was thinking though that since the T2 part of the ad occupies the whole top section while Rambo has a smaller part in the bottom left that perhaps the 'Real Masterpiece' is intended only to refer to Rambo. I hope I'm wrong though because I'd love to see Enterbay do 1/6 Terminator figures.

Ugh, why is enterbay doing 1/4 figures now ?, I wouldn't buy a 1/4 and have my collection mismatched.

Must be tapping into another part of the figure market, I know they have other 1/4 licences that's not announced yet.

Honestly, I hope that Enterbay really succeeds at this 1/4 scale effort, because I think it will be good for collectors of Sideshow's products. I know Sideshow is trying to pump out top-notch products, but their PFs tend to be hit-or-miss, and no matter how hard you think you are trying, real competition will force you to work that much harder to produce the best product possible.

But. . .I wouldn't get my hopes up too high until we can see what Enterbay can actually do in terms of a production piece.

I was just looking at the Terminator 2 1/4 and it looks like the skin tone of the face doesn't match the rest of the body. I hope they include the watch and cross bracelet so it hides the wrist joints.

I like the idea of HT/EB quality figures at 1/4 scale, I had hopes when Diamond announced doing 1/4 scale articulated figures and was quite dissappointed with how that all turned out, but EB's, going by the T-800, look like 1/6 type figures just blown up.

Rambo won't be 1/4 though,Real Masterpiece is EB's 1/6 while HD Masterpiece is their 1/4.

Enterbay should try to corner the 1/5 market.

I get that and I'm fine with it, was just discussing the 1/4 since the topic came up.

Anyone know how EB is for accessories with 1/6? I've never owned one and I'm just curious how much Rambo might include, he doesn't have much he'd come with anyway.

What would be nice is if EB or HT made 1/6 Rambo 4 and made him with the hair piece removable for posing the eyes and then had multiple hairpieces so you could have a bandana-less head to make his M65 style look from the end.

Enterbay have usually included everything you need for the figure just like Hot Toys do.

ive owned their Bruce Lee's,1 Jet Li many years agoo and Onimusha(Video game character) and very happy with the accessories they come with.

For Rambo,i really want the alternate "Boat Man" look with the different headband,long sleeved shirt and the bow.Ht added an extra clothing set with Barney so i don't see any reason why adding a shirt would be so difficult,extra headband requires an extra head though.

Well, since at the very least, EB is likely to do a Rambo 4 1/6 figure, we can get into discussion of accessories and looks dicsussion. I say likely because you'd think they're using a Rambo 4 image to say which movie it's from, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was like First Blood and just a random image for the poster.

So, in the movie, Rambo had 4 different looks in the key parts of the film.

The boat man clothing when he takes the missionaries in.

R41.jpg

Then there was the clean combat gear, which also includes bow and quiver.

R42.jpg

Then there's the BD version of the combat gear.

R43.jpg

And finally theres' the M65-esque costume from the close of the film.

R44.jpg

Most people will probably only care about the combat gear, so likely, any figure, EB or HT will be just that. If we get an alternate costume, my guess would be the M65 style clothes.

However, the combat look alone could be pretty inclusive.

- 1 clean portrait
- 1 dirtied portrait
- 1 clean black t-shirt
- 1 dirtied black t-shirt
- 1 clean body
- 1 dirtied body
- 1 pair of pants
- 1 pair of boots
- 1 Belt
- 1 Machette with sheath
- 1 Bow and quiver
- 1 .50 cal machine gun

Now, even if HT did a Rambo 4 and made it DX, we won't get 3 cosutmes, I can't think of an HT figure with 3 costumes, and for the looks I've posted here, you can't really share parts except for the 2 combat looks which is really just one costume with damage happening to it. I think either EB or HT would lean towards the M65 style as an alternate because of the connection to First Blood, the boat man look has little connection to anything and isn't an overly interesting look. I can make it myself, as I bought parts to do so for a custom already.

My hope is either company will offer the M65 style look, jeans and shirt are easy to source, I haven't found a jacket too close to what he has on.

how come Hot Toys didn't follow up on the Stallone poll they had a couple of months back, wasn't Rambo the winner?

maybe Enterbay could pick up the Expendables license and finish up with the Li and Strahan figures to compliment the Barney Ross Hot Toys

how come Hot Toys didn't follow up on the Stallone poll they had a couple of months back, wasn't Rambo the winner?

maybe Enterbay could pick up the Expendables license and finish up with the Li and Strahan figures to compliment the Barney Ross Hot Toys

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to put Barney out first. Rambo will come.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to put Barney out first. Rambo will come.

Why would EB put out Barney First if Rambo is the ad?

Or if you're talking about HT, the Stallone poll came after Barney so Ross has no effect on what choice they make about what figure to produce from the poll, if any.

'Clean combat version' is pretty much guaranteed.

HT/EB don't usually come out with battle damaged versions first...its way harder to do the clothes and sculpt and most will be happy initially with just a clean version.

If they do a DX version I'd prefer them to include the big gun on the back of the jeep he uses at the end as a stand (similar to Jack Sparrows wheel) instead of including extra costumes.

Why would EB put out Barney First if Rambo is the ad?

Or if you're talking about HT, the Stallone poll came after Barney so Ross has no effect on what choice they make about what figure to produce from the poll, if any.

Read his post again bud. :lol

And if memory serves, the poll came after the announcement, but not the release. It better guarantees a sellout to not announce Rambo. Otherwise, as has been discussed many times, many would've just held off on getting Barney to save the funds for a RAMBO figure. :wink1:

Doing a BD version is tricky, it's not a simple head and shirt swap, his arms are bloody and dirty, as is his head and shirt.

I don't know what EB body construction is like, but HT could cheat a little and make clean and BD combat Rambo in one body. If they leave his neck clean and just offer a dirty head and swappable forearms, his long sleeve shirt from the clean scenes would cover his biceps so you could paint them dirty all along and you'd just need clean forearms and head.

Read his post again bud. :lol

And if memory serves, the poll came after the announcement, but not the release. It better guarantees a sellout to not announce Rambo. Otherwise, as has been discussed many times, many would've just held off on getting Barney to save the funds for a RAMBO figure. :wink1:

I get that logic, your post just sounded like you were saying they opted to make Barney before a new Rambo, like the poll had been done before Barney was even announced, which is why I was confused.

They absolutely will not announce a competitive Stallone figure before the first was sold off, but that time has come, so get cracking HT.

Well, since at the very least, EB is likely to do a Rambo 4 1/6 figure, we can get into discussion of accessories and looks dicsussion. I say likely because you'd think they're using a Rambo 4 image to say which movie it's from, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was like First Blood and just a random image for the poster.

So, in the movie, Rambo had 4 different looks in the key parts of the film.

The boat man clothing when he takes the missionaries in.

R41.jpg

Then there was the clean combat gear, which also includes bow and quiver.

R42.jpg

Then there's the BD version of the combat gear.

R43.jpg

And finally theres' the M65-esque costume from the close of the film.

R44.jpg

Most people will probably only care about the combat gear, so likely, any figure, EB or HT will be just that. If we get an alternate costume, my guess would be the M65 style clothes.

However, the combat look alone could be pretty inclusive.

- 1 clean portrait
- 1 dirtied portrait
- 1 clean black t-shirt
- 1 dirtied black t-shirt
- 1 clean body
- 1 dirtied body
- 1 pair of pants
- 1 pair of boots
- 1 Belt
- 1 Machette with sheath
- 1 Bow and quiver
- 1 .50 cal machine gun

Now, even if HT did a Rambo 4 and made it DX, we won't get 3 cosutmes, I can't think of an HT figure with 3 costumes, and for the looks I've posted here, you can't really share parts except for the 2 combat looks which is really just one costume with damage happening to it. I think either EB or HT would lean towards the M65 style as an alternate because of the connection to First Blood, the boat man look has little connection to anything and isn't an overly interesting look. I can make it myself, as I bought parts to do so for a custom already.

My hope is either company will offer the M65 style look, jeans and shirt are easy to source, I haven't found a jacket too close to what he has on.

Yeah i meant his first strike,i thought the headband was different but apparantly not.All im asking as far as extra clothing goes,is that long sleeved shirt he wore during his first strike with the Bow,i think i would prefer displaying him like that over the Plain T-Shirt.
The M65 Jacket and jeans would be nice too but really not necessary for me.

Back