Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enterbay has a chance to further shame Hot Toys here. I love that they did Landa but the likeness to Christoph sucked.
I dunno about that. I just picked up my first Enterbay figure today (1/4 scale Batman) and Hot Toys quality it ain't. There's more to a figure than a good likeness and nice paint apps on the head.

I dunno about that. I just picked up my first Enterbay figure today (1/4 scale Batman) and Hot Toys quality it ain't. There's more to a figure than a good likeness and nice paint apps on the head.

Yeah, I wonder too if those making the call about how **** hot EB are own any of their figures or have had to deal with them over QC issues. I own four EB figures and every one of hem would've been better had they come out of a Hot Toys box. I still like them because they're characters HT wouldn't touch (apart from Bruce Lee), but EB have a way to go yet before they can match HT in just about any department that matters.

It's nice to see EnterBay step up its game and produce quality figures that can rival Hot Toys. I don't think they're on that level yet but they're getting there. Obviously the more competition there is the better it is for the consumer.

On a visual level, Enterbay is knocking their figures out of the park, dare I say more so than Hot Toys. On a technical level, they have much to learn. I love my Rambo (after I received his replacement body), but even when there's nothing actually wrong with it, the thing just feel oddly put-together. It's well-done, but not 100% well-made if that makes sense. You have to have one in-hand to tell the difference.

Those likenesses are killer, really amazing work there I must say, however I have no interest at all in this license. I would like to see them take a crack at some classic stuff that has'nt been touched yet like a Chuck Norris from mia or something like that or Clint eastwood from dirty harry, those would be epic if they nailed the likeness like they did here with the Django figures.

Truly, Enterbay's presentation of their figures are generally lacking. I can't help feel that their packaging and production could be better... especially compared to Hot Toys. There's this slight feeling of "cheapness" to their stuff.

Still, Foxx, DiCaprio, and another Waltz 1/6? I don't think I can resist.

django-unchained-poster-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

69464edejw1e015e9z1wrj.jpg

= new kings of 1/6

Kings? Or just one of the princes? ;)

338270d1347977694-blitzway-carlitos-way-carlito-brigante-figure-383436_10151110249959585_1785111594_n.jpg

I see the Enterbay cycle has started up again.

1) Production shots look incredible
2) Everyone gets really hyped up
3) Everyone says how Enterbay has really changed
4) Everyone says how Hot Toys is going downhill
5) Everyone says how now Enterbay is the king of sculpts and figures
6) Everyone is shocked at how affordable the prices are compared to Hot Toys
7) Figure is delivered
8) Mass scale quality control issues everywhere
9) Unresponsive customer service
10) Mods and resells everywhere. People trying to file claims on Paypal
11) Next figure is announced
12) Back to 1 we go

7) Figure is delivered
12) Back to 1 we go

:exactly::goodpost:

There not the "kings of 1/6" until they can beat hot toys in all aspects and not just there ability to nail a likeness.

7) Figure is delivered
12) Back to 1 we go

Agreed. To be honest, at this point, the only excitement I feel is that I got to see what they look like. Any more, these things are so mass produced that it's best to take a "wait and see" approach before making any claims to fame (or otherwise, for that matter).

7) Figure is delivered
12) Back to 1 we go

Well said Monger...every release the HT haters come out in full force...but I must say that Im really forward for these two figures and hopefully a Waltz character as well.

Again these are great and looking forward to seeing Christopher Waltz and maybe Kerry Washington. I'm just glad to see all the 1:6 companies stepping up their games. When folks are paying $200+ for a figure, they should expect top caliber likenesses and quality tailoring and accessories. Otherwise they can get the same characters at Toys R Us for 14.99. Competition for the collecting dollar is forcing everyone to get better and better -- Enterbay, Hot Toys, Blitzway, and even Sideshow. I'd just like to see less duplication of licenses (i.e. Terminator, Batman), more characters from different properties (Neytiri, Quaritch), less one and dones with licenses (Expendables) , more new licenses.

Although I only have two EB figures vs at least 0ver 20 hot toys, here's what I know...my 1/4 EB Batman is one of the best figures I have ever laid my eyes on. It is mindblowing good and not just comparing it to hot toys, but to any figure. My EB sparrow sculpt in my opinion is the best 1/6 mass produced figure I have seen. As cool as the ht sparrow is, it is in my opinion inferior to EB sparrow. The EB paint and sculpt is amazing.

So with just 2 figures that rival everything the other company has pumped out, this I am excited for. I hope hot toys will continue to make great products, but it always seem like i have to mod the hell out of it before im completely happy, and im not even screen accuracy nut.
My money will continue to support whichever company has a better product. It's just lately I find myself more interested in EB or customs product.
All I know is EB is pumping out sculps that are superior to Hot toys, and hot toys are releasing figures that could have been better and in most cases need lots of mods to be acceptable.

My EB sparrow sculpt in my opinion is the best 1/6 mass produced figure I have seen. As cool as the ht sparrow is, it is in my opinion inferior to EB sparrow. The EB paint and sculpt is amazing.

Sparrow is actually that good? I considered purchasing after finding it for $199. hmmmmmmm

Everyone has their opinions... I thought it looked weird. Tailoring is pretty much crap compared to HT too (which is mostly Medicom's job). Oh and **** quality accessories like usual. Packaging? A huge piece of crap too (but again, I assume that's another Medicom job).

:exactly::goodpost:

There not the "kings of 1/6" until they can beat hot toys in all aspects and not just there ability to nail a likeness.

In all honesty I don't think Hot Toys is the king of 1/6 scales either. They made a few really good releases some years back and that solidified them on top of the others at the time, but really almost every figure they release now is either a variant, an unneeded release meant to milk the fans, full of quality control problems, delayed to hell, and/or overly expensive. In my opinion the only thing Hot Toys does better than the other companies is the bodies, of which can be bought on the aftermarket. And that's just for males too because they are as clueless with female bodies as most companies aside from Triad Toys are. As far as face sculpts and outfits go I rarely think they have a one up on the others.

I still think Hot Toys are the top 1/6 company right now. I think they are too popular right now, to say they aren't.

Everyone has their opinions... I thought it looked weird. Tailoring is pretty much crap compared to HT too (which is mostly Medicom's job). Oh and **** quality accessories like usual. Packaging? A huge piece of crap too (but again, I assume that's another Medicom job).

Sculpt, jacket, shirt, sash, hands, hat, chalices, back pattern of the vest, and the inclusion of a rubber chesf/neck on the UU >> hot toys counterparts.

Box is nice for medicom but obviously not as elegant as a DX box. Better than their usual boxes thiugh which usually have 1 to no graphics or text while Sparrow's box had tons of both along with a nice finish/texture to the box as well and magnetic flap instead of Velcro.

Sparrow is actually that good? I considered purchasing after finding it for $199. hmmmmmmm
Honestly, when I first got it, I displayed him just as he was out of the box with little futzing for a good 2 weeks at least. If there was no DX sparrow, it would be the top Sparrow 1/6 figure IMO next to cannibald Jack. I still love clicking the butting for the talking feature too. It's too much fun

Last edited:
Back