Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparrow is actually that good? I considered purchasing after finding it for $199. hmmmmmmm

I guess, I should be specific, im referring to the sculpt.
The best sparrow is actually a combo with hot toys.

The Eb sculpt, the shirt, sash, the rubber chest piece, compass were great, then everything else was half ass so it had to be combined with hot toys pieces.

Kings? Or just one of the princes? ;)

338270d1347977694-blitzway-carlitos-way-carlito-brigante-figure-383436_10151110249959585_1785111594_n.jpg

I don't want to derail the thread, but I am so anxiously awaiting this figure. If it turns out 90% as good as the proto, it could be figure of the year.

On topic, the Jamie Foxx likeness looks great, the Leo one looks a little off. Don't quite know what it is.

I think people have a wrong impression of Enterbay. I have the Scarface, MiB and the 1/4 Joker of their recent releases and the Jack Bauer from the past, and all are equal to HT quality in tailoring and portrait . My main beef with MiB was the scale - TLJ shouldn't be as tall as Will Smith and both tower over the HT figures and the Jack Bauer.

Yeah, I could be completely wrong but the only time it seems to me that Enterbay has made what you could call a overall failure, where it seems nearly everyone was disappointed, is just GoD and IP-Man. I think there was also a problem with the Dragon Ball Z eyes on some figures and MiB seemed to have poor QC too but that seemed to be limited. Other than that, all their 1/4 releases, their statues, their past 1/6 releases: The Professional, Kobe, Elvis, Scarface, Che, etc, I don't see any wide-spread problems there. Some I've never seen any reports of issues. The idea then that every EB figure is going to be messed up seems greatly exaggerated to me.

People have received faulty figures outside of those I mentioned - SAB recently posted about a messed-up 1/4 Bruce Lee body - but that seems to me to be within reason that some might receive the odd faulty figure. After that though, you get into customer service but I think that's a separate issue. And with that particular figure too, being new, perhaps we'll see more complaints in time and include that alongside GoD, that's possible.

I could be completely wrong on some of these points, perhaps I'm missing something - I can accept that. Correct me if so. But just from own reading over the years it seems like there's a lot of exaggeration about the likelihood of faults in Enterbay releases. Just the page back, for example, Monger's claim of the 'Enterbay cycle' including "Mass scale quality control issues everywhere." I can see where that claim comes from but when I look at their past releases that to me seems the rare exception, not the rule. From the level of fault on GoD I feel buyers should perhaps be leery, and perhaps wait for in-hand reports (which of course is not a positive for Enterbay), but to say that's it's a certainty that every release - or even half the releases - are guaranteed to have significant problems seems way off to me.

Last edited:
Mr Bean's body can't stand up on its own and the hair piece, which isn't fitted well, has an unsightly gap between the hairpiece and top of the forehead when viewed from some angles. It nonetheless remains my favourite figure.

As frustrating as EB can be sometimes, especially in response to QC issues, they do bring out characters that HT - apparently now singly focused on blockbuster licenses - won' touch. Also, their pricing has remained reasonably constant - dropping in real terms over the last 5 years - where HT continue to ramp theirs up.

Yeah, their license choices have had me not be able to resist some of their releases. I kept hoping they would pick up Inception, since "men in suits" isn't a big issue for them.

Yeah, I could be completely wrong but the only time it seems to me that Enterbay has made what you could call a overall failure, where it seems nearly everyone was disappointed, is just GoD and IP-Man. I think there was also a problem with the Dragon Ball Z eyes on some figures and MiB seemed to have poor QC too but that seemed to be limited. Other than that, all their 1/4 releases, their statues, their past 1/6 releases: The Professional, Kobe, Elvis, Scarface, Che, etc, I don't see any wide-spread problems there. Some I've never seen any reports of issues. The idea then that every EB figure is going to be messed up seems greatly exaggerated to me.

People have received faulty figures outside of those I mentioned - SAB recently posted about a messed-up 1/4 Bruce Lee body - but that seems to me to be within reason that some might receive the odd faulty figure. After that though, you get into customer service but I think that's a separate issue. And with that particular figure too, being new, perhaps we'll see more complaints in time and include that alongside GoD, that's possible.

I could be completely wrong on some of these points, perhaps I'm missing something - I can accept that. Correct me if so. But just from own reading over the years it seems like there's a lot of exaggeration about the likelihood of faults in Enterbay releases. Just the page back, for example, Monger's claim of the 'Enterbay cycle' including "Mass scale quality control issues everywhere." I can see where that claim comes from but when I look at their past releases that to me seems the rare exception, not the rule. From the level of fault on GoD I feel buyers should perhaps be leery, and perhaps wait for in-hand reports (which of course is not a positive for Enterbay), but to say that's it's a certainty that every release - or even half the releases - are guaranteed to have significant problems seems way off to me.

Pretty much ALL of their 1/4 scale figures have one leg not firmly seated. You have to basically strip the figure to fix it otherwise the figure cannot stand straight.

Pretty much ALL of their 1/4 scale figures have one leg not firmly seated. You have to basically strip the figure to fix it otherwise the figure cannot stand straight.

I only have 2 - Joker and T-800, but that isn't the case with either of them.

I also only have 2. Bruce Lee & T800. Bruce Lee is fine, but my T800 had that issue. I had to take off the pants & do the "leg bending" fix.

As frustrating as EB can be sometimes, especially in response to QC issues, they do bring out characters that HT - apparently now singly focused on blockbuster licenses - won' touch.
:goodpost: I would love HT to so some figs from smaller movies, but as long as EB keeps this up ill keep buying their figures...these 2 look amazing.

Tempted to preorder on BBTS, but am really weary of the final product quality. The movie was so fantastic though it's just pushing me to it.

Hope the tailoring stays up to that quality in production. Anyone know who did these outfits?

After seeing the film, I can confirm: DO WANT!

Saw the film last night, FANTASTIC!

He HAS to come with his hat and glasses!
Good posts!! Totally agree!!

Soooooooooo bought!! The movie was fan****ingtastic!! What a balance between repulsive/sad and funny....QT did one helluva job, again he gets amazing performances out of his actors!! Cannot wait to get these!!

Back