Enterbay 1/9 Scale Motion Masterpiece -Series 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice safe choices on EB's end, given all the recent trades going around in the NBA at the moment.

If they made a Rose, Durant, or anther Lin would have been a problem.

Will they make another Lin? Seeing as how that figure didn't sell well in 1/6 I would imagine they would stay away from a 1/9 version. Especially since after New York Linsanity he has been mediocre at best. Same goes with D Rose.

I like the Harden one but could stand to pass on him. If they make a Kyrie though, that might be bought. Jordan & Kobe would be nice in that scale too.

Nicely done... although odd they'd choose 1/9 when 1/12 seems to be the more popular alternative to 1/6. And the joints are a bit on the distracting side; not terrible but seems like they could should have come up with something a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

I have a feeling these are going to be around $150

I guessed high... $120 seems fair given the larger scale and how detailed the figure are. But still they are an odd duck size so it will be interesting to see how popular the series is.

$128US shipped directly from EB. About the price to have one of those nice little 1/12 Mezco figures shipped to me from BBTS. Not cheap, but low enough for me to want to cure my curiosity. Ordered a Curry from EB. See how it goes.

I paid $70 -$80 for Mezco's I own....definitely not going deep into the line with the price point but depending on in hand photos might grab a few key players...maybe

Yeah, that's around the price for my Mezco's I've pre ordered from BBTS, but the shipping cost boosts them right up there with these. That's why I want SSC to start offering the Mezco's (I know they have Superman) for pre order. That $20 discount code per figure they offer would really help with collecting them.

apparently they going to make MJ, KD and KB as well in 1/9.
via EB facebook.

So is the 1/6 line dead?

I hope not because I've been slowly selling off my Marvel line to collect this line. But to be honest, I won't be surprised if it is. Their recent choices of players to release are not really appealing. I mean Penny and T Mac are good players but to make them before you make Magic, Bird, or even Champions/MVP like D Wade, TD, KG, etc... that really seems illogical. The latest Kobe looks awesome but that is the 3rd version of the same player, why not branch out to Players who are deserving of a detolf shelf.

I hope not because I've been slowly selling off my Marvel line to collect this line. But to be honest, I won't be surprised if it is. Their recent choices of players to release are not really appealing. I mean Penny and T Mac are good players but to make them before you make Magic, Bird, or even Champions/MVP like D Wade, TD, KG, etc... that really seems illogical. The latest Kobe looks awesome but that is the 3rd version of the same player, why not branch out to Players who are deserving of a detolf shelf.

I hope not either I just started collecting this line as well and I'm not a big fan of these 1/9th figures, but I agree that the choices in players are questionable

I hope not either I just started collecting this line as well and I'm not a big fan of these 1/9th figures, but I agree that the choices in players are questionable

To be honest, size-wise I would prefer these 1/9 scale as they would fit better in a detolf case in much more elaborate poses as opposed to 1/6 scale. The thing that put me off though are the joints. I know the purpose of these are to bw more poseable and articulated but they could have stick to the 1/6 scale joints and it would still be very poseable. For those joints alone, I'll stick to my 1/6 scale as it looks more presentable in a display cabinet with the somewhat hidden joints.

image.jpeg

I do agree the joints makes it look not as real. Unless you cover them all up with knee and elbow pads.

Got Curry today as well. It's quite impressive. It's all around a brilliant little figure, but the sculpt quality (not to get mixed with sculpt likeness) kinda wow'd me. It seriously feels like an EB 1/6 sculpt shrunken down. Even the plentiful joints that I wasn't really a fan of in the pics, don't bother me so much in person. I think because of it's smaller size, it doesn't look so ridiculous. If EB don't get greedy & start charging too much more for these, I think this line could do well.

Feel like buying another to keep mint in box (I'm having fun with the one I have, & have already handled it quite a bit :lol), & actually display the box. The artwork is really nice.

Back