ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing Bats related, just want to say I think your Hayley Williams sig is great!!

hey thanks

Hey Man, yeah, I finished both. Joker 2.0 and the 1/4 scale. I repainted but carefully kept as much of the original detail as possible. I re sculpted areas. I spent quite a while dying hair to get the right color combo. I'm going a lot darker with it.

It's possible to change the sculpt on both these figures without recasting (like MRMs) at least then you can keep the paintwork and PERS if you want too. I think MRM's resculpt/recast looks fantastic from a distance but up close, the paint looks too hand done. Just my opinion, it's still great work.

The chin and cheeks are fixable on the EB headsculpt, as are the shoes. That's what MRM did,sculpted on top of the EB head then recast them, his sculpts are not new sculpts, but amended EB work. And he did a really good job of it, just wish the level of finish that the originals had was still possible. I was actually gonna get one from him at one point until I saw it in hand, just not my style, even though very impressive in its own right.:dunno

cool, can't wait to see it, too bad you live overseas.

Hey Man, yeah, I finished both. Joker 2.0 and the 1/4 scale. I repainted but carefully kept as much of the original detail as possible. I re sculpted areas. I spent quite a while dying hair to get the right color combo. I'm going a lot darker with it.

It's possible to change the sculpt on both these figures without recasting (like MRMs) at least then you can keep the paintwork and PERS if you want too. I think MRM's resculpt/recast looks fantastic from a distance but up close, the paint looks too hand done. Just my opinion, it's still great work.

The chin and cheeks are fixable on the EB headsculpt, as are the shoes. That's what MRM did,sculpted on top of the EB head then recast them, his sculpts are not new sculpts, but amended EB work. And he did a really good job of it, just wish the level of finish that the originals had was still possible. I was actually gonna get one from him at one point until I saw it in hand, just not my style, even though very impressive in its own right.:dunno
:clapCOOL BRO!You gotta let me see some PICS. of this bad-boy!!:pray: I'm so tempted to take some millimeters of his chin as well as add to his scars but its not like i can go out and buy a replacement head if i F-up!I would think I'd be use to modding head sculpts by now but a 1/4 scale head isn't the same beast as 1/6.As for the MRM sculpt,like i said before it looks AWESOME but the paint apps kill it for me anyway!Still it takes a lot of skill to do what he did regardless if the sculpt is not new!:wink1:

Well Rick being that it's only a bit,the best way would be to sand it down and some contour putty in case you shaved to much.Then repaint the area that was modded.This is how i would approach the reshaping of the chin.^_^

And what paints would you use? And would you use the paint in a specific way to get the powdery look?

Have to say paint wise, the stock paint is a lot more sophisticated than all these repaints. Sure the face structure needs some work, but I think these recasts/repaints look pretty crude for 1/4 scale. Don't get me wrong there is some nice work there, but the finish doesn't hold up. I like some of the hair work though, but it's far too green on most of them. The hair on MRM's is the best I've seen so far, but the paint looks too simple.
:dunno

Here's my repaint,I don't think it looks crude or unsophisticated.

I have MRM's version both in 1:4th and 1:6: miles better in sculpt and paint in my opinion. Every custom peice that I own (very few I admit: Spencer's Tron, Aeon Dude and Bill, Skiman's Nomak, Runt, and MRM) have their own style--I love that. I have LOTS of different figures at 1:6th that are massed produced, those have obvious merit as well. While the EB Joker WAS the best mass produced figure to date--having a custom HS/paint completed it for me.

Keep the pictures coming fellows:hi5:

NIce work Steve!Can i ask you did your sculpt originally have a sticky paint issue?Hey Rick,acrylic paint(water based) and pastels.

Hey Ebor,your sculpt from MRM looks GREAT!I think it comes down to what YOU think looks good!Like they say Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or some $#!t like that!^_^

NIce work Steve!Can i ask you did your sculpt originally have a sticky paint issue?Hey Rick,acrylic paint(water based) and pastels.

Yes it did have sticky paint,but I fixed that by putting baby powder on it,then washing it with foam soap,don't know why that worked but it did.after a while I decided to grab a second and have an interigation versionand a mob version.hence the interigation paint up.

Think I'm gonna plum for a DX11. Loved ledger as The Joker, and can't have too much of a good thing! Lol.

I bought one of MRM's resculpts and it is a great resculpt.

To me, it looks the closest as Heath Ledger as the Joker and I'm satisfied with the repaint. MRM originally had one done for me but he told me it was stolen in the mail so he sent me a replacement (looked different than the first one he sent me since it was stolen) but I was just as satisfied with the final product.

Wow, that is heath ledger!

Since I've first noticed this figure I've been really impressed with it's size and detail, especially how they nailed the sculpted hair. However, something with the face has never quite sat right with me, and I know some won't agree and some will. It's still one impressive figure, and after seeing the above repaint it gets me thinking maybe my problem is EB paint app. I think there is room in this world to appreciate both this and the DX11.

What do you guys think is a reasonable price to pay for the enterbay joker at retail?

I see them going for 900 on eBay LOL!

Well, seen as I hadn't seen yours when I posted that, I couldn't have ben refering to yours. Which looks nice :clap

I stand by my statement though. I think some of these recast/rehaired sculpts look fantastic from a distance but too crude close up. That's just my opinion.

Here's my DX11 1/6th Joker, I added detail to the HT paint, not covered it up.... 1/4 EB to come...

DX 11: Joker 2.0

8_zps1154c695.jpg
7_zps32c338b9.jpg
4_zps06fe53df.jpg
5_zps20fc6d6a.jpg
2_zpse6789080.jpg
6_zpsa3e96c2e.jpg
10_zps691dd2fb.jpg

Last edited:
Back