ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Not a fan of the repaint. I love his face as it comes, but the hair is superb, just needs less tone.

ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs a...

Not sure about the other version he offered but I think the paint matches the scene I selected. Also the picture was a test shot without the setup on PQ so it is overexposed loosing most detail in the makeup. I was mainly focused on how steady the monopod was for lowlight pictures as a secondary test and the main test was actually how smooth panning and tilting was in video. Overall I am very happy with it and even the stock head (besides being sticky paint). I wanted the ultimate ledger joker representation without paying thousands of $$ for just the head and MRM made it possible. I was disappointed that EB did not do it themselves as 1/4 that should start being a possibility

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs a...

He had better pictures and also the two paint schemes he offered. The other being the more messy type and mine being more from the mobster meeting. Not sure if he still does it though
I will try to take some better pictures at some point after I had a chance to spend a few hours to futz it right lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I have one of these Enterbay Jokers 1/4 scale with the bank robber mask for sale. PM me, if interested in purchasing it. It's mint: only displayed it for a couple of weeks in a walk in closet so there's no exposure to sunlight and minimal exposure to dust. I have plenty of pics that I can email any potential buyers. I live in Canada. We can negotiate a price. I'm thinking $400 plus shipping and paypal fees.

MRM is not making anymore 1/4 sculpts. You have to buy onevoff someone who got it from MRM. Such a beautiful piece I regret not getting.

Have to say paint wise, the stock paint is a lot more sophisticated than all these repaints. Sure the face structure needs some work, but I think these recasts/repaints look pretty crude for 1/4 scale. Don't get me wrong there is some nice work there, but the finish doesn't hold up. I like some of the hair work though, but it's far too green on most of them. The hair on MRM's is the best I've seen so far, but the paint looks too simple.
:dunno

I agree, I would love to get my stock head with hair like the MRM piece, then it would be perfect imo. Anyone doing that?

Working on a modded version of the head now. :)
Hey Rory did you ever finish the other mods that you did to Joker's head?I would definitely want to see the finish product bro!:yess:I've been very tempted to go ahead an add hair to this sculpt but like they say the first step is the hardest!:slapI have to agree with you guyz on the sculpts,while they do look a little more like Ledger(not by much)and the hair makes it look GREAT,it's the paint app that kills it.I think so anyway!:wink1:

The MRM sculpt blows the stock one out of the water. No more abnormally long chin on his sculpt.

Hey Rory did you ever finish the other mods that you did to Joker's head?I would definitely want to see the finish product bro!:yess:I've been very tempted to go ahead an add hair to this sculpt but like they say the first step is the hardest!:slapI have to agree with you guyz on the sculpts,while they do look a little more like Ledger(not by much)and the hair makes it look GREAT,it's the paint app that kills it.I think so anyway!:wink1:

Hey Man, yeah, I finished both. Joker 2.0 and the 1/4 scale. I repainted but carefully kept as much of the original detail as possible. I re sculpted areas. I spent quite a while dying hair to get the right color combo. I'm going a lot darker with it.

It's possible to change the sculpt on both these figures without recasting (like MRMs) at least then you can keep the paintwork and PERS if you want too. I think MRM's resculpt/recast looks fantastic from a distance but up close, the paint looks too hand done. Just my opinion, it's still great work.

The MRM sculpt blows the stock one out of the water. No more abnormally long chin on his sculpt.
The chin and cheeks are fixable on the EB headsculpt, as are the shoes. That's what MRM did,sculpted on top of the EB head then recast them, his sculpts are not new sculpts, but amended EB work. And he did a really good job of it, just wish the level of finish that the originals had was still possible. I was actually gonna get one from him at one point until I saw it in hand, just not my style, even though very impressive in its own right.:dunno

Back