English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only possible reason for not giving it RVP must be to avoid any accusations of favoritism.

I'm not convinced Rooney gives a damn any more, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

There seems to be some kind of legal row going on between Rojo's club and his management company over what percentage of the transfer fee each of them get. I don't suppose United will care as long as they get the player.

Giggs apparently rejected calls for the number 11 shirt to be retired and I'm pleased they gave it Januzaj. He looked a good player even when taking advice from Moyes so van Gaal should really help him develop into something special.

The number 7 shirt is still being kept free, possibly for Vidal????

I haven't read much regarding Rojo, but I'm wondering if United have to agree a fee with the club and the third party owners, or if they just need to agree a fee with the club and then it's up to them to split it. If it's the former, it could be an issue. We saw what can happen with a third party in the Mangala transfer. That deal took a long while to complete.

:lol If he can thrive under Moyes, van Gaal should be able to turn him into a superstar.

That's what was being thrown around a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully. The Juve manager has come out and said Vidal won't be going anywhere. But there are reports saying a deal involving Chicharito (and possibly Nani) + cash is very much on the table. It never ends.

I haven't read much regarding Rojo, but I'm wondering if United have to agree a fee with the club and the third party owners, or if they just need to agree a fee with the club and then it's up to them to split it. If it's the former, it could be an issue. We saw what can happen with a third party in the Mangala transfer. That deal took a long while to complete.

:lol If he can thrive under Moyes, van Gaal should be able to turn him into a superstar.

That's what was being thrown around a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully. The Juve manager has come out and said Vidal won't be going anywhere. But there are reports saying a deal involving Chicharito (and possibly Nani) + cash is very much on the table. It never ends.

At the moment there's a whole lot of drama attached to every United transfer story and not a lot actually happening.

The clock is ticking on the transfer window and the season starts in a couple of days.

Shaw and Herrera were signed a couple of months ago now so what the hell has that idiot of a chief executive been doing all this time?

they need to first offload few players before signing,, no point in having a squad of 30-40 players and bringing in yet more

At the moment there's a whole lot of drama attached to every United transfer story and not a lot actually happening.

The clock is ticking on the transfer window and the season starts in a couple of days.

Shaw and Herrera were signed a couple of months ago now so what the hell has that idiot of a chief executive been doing all this time?

He's been too busy doing interviews and talking ****. But if by some miracle 4-5 more players are signed, I'll forgive him. The key word being "miracle". :lol

they need to first offload few players before signing,, no point in having a squad of 30-40 players and bringing in yet more

If it's true that Fellaini, Chicharito, Nani, etc. were told they're free to leave then we should be seeing some more outs soon.

He's been too busy doing interviews and talking ****. But if by some miracle 4-5 more players are signed, I'll forgive him. The key word being "miracle". :lol

If it's true that Fellaini, Chicharito, Nani, etc. were told they're free to leave then we should be seeing some more outs soon.

Barring the miracle actually occurring, I expect Woodward will reappear one day after the window closes and make some other BS statement about the club's transfer prowess.

On the subject of exits,
Anderson has turned down a move back to Brazil as Flamengo have got a reputation for not paying players on time.

Fellaini's loan move to Napoli has hit a snag as the two sides can't agree the terms.

Zaha has been linked with Newcastle, a return to Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest.

There's also more worrying news for Palace fans as David Moyes is being linked with the manager's job after Tony Pulis departed yesterday.

Hull are being linked with a £14 million bid for Welbeck. If that happens Steve Bruce will have done his old club a huge favor, even if it doesn't do Hull much good :lol

Barring the miracle actually occurring, I expect Woodward will reappear one day after the window closes and make some other BS statement about the club's transfer prowess.

On the subject of exits,
Anderson has turned down a move back to Brazil as Flamengo have got a reputation for not paying players on time.

Fellaini's loan move to Napoli has hit a snag as the two sides can't agree the terms.

Zaha has been linked with Newcastle, a return to Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest.

There's also more worrying news for Palace fans as David Moyes is being linked with the manager's job after Tony Pulis departed yesterday.

Hull are being linked with a £14 million bid for Welbeck. If that happens Steve Bruce will have done his old club a huge favor, even if it doesn't do Hull much good :lol

Was the Anderson deal supposed to be a loan as well? Not a fan of loan moves (unless they're young players that need time to develop). Just get rid of them permanently. But then again it's probably difficult finding a buyer for some of these players.

That Pulis news came as a shock. What he did last season was nothing short of a miracle. If Palace end up getting Moyes... well, good luck with that. :lol

:lol £14m for a forward who doesn't score goals. What a deal!

Was the Anderson deal supposed to be a loan as well? Not a fan of loan moves (unless they're young players that need time to develop). Just get rid of them permanently. But then again it's probably difficult finding a buyer for some of these players.

That Pulis news came as a shock. What he did last season was nothing short of a miracle. If Palace end up getting Moyes... well, good luck with that. :lol

:lol £14m for a forward who doesn't score goals. What a deal!

It was a loan. Napoli didn't want to take on all of his food bill. When someone says "Anderson is warming up" it usually means he's putting something in the microwave :lol

If Moyes ends up at Palace or another Premier League club he can make amends for how badly he f'd United over by signing some of the dead wood.

In yesterday's press conference someone asked van Gaal about the lack of transfer activity despite the window's closure in a couple of weeks and he said "A player can be signed in 24 hours, believe me it's not a problem".

He also repeated what he's said previously about needing time to fully assess his squad and see if they can adapt to his methods as in his own words "I have a different way of dealing with players to normal coaches" :lol

If United could get actual money for Welbeck I'd be suprised, but with Chicharito seemingly on his way out and no new arrivals I think they're probably stuck with him.

The game with Swansea starts in about an hour as I type this. After pre-season I'm reasonably confident about the opening few fixtures, but the lack of a defence is a concern and I still think they'll be overrun in midfield against the better sides.

It was a loan. Napoli didn't want to take on all of his food bill. When someone says "Anderson is warming up" it usually means he's putting something in the microwave :lol

If Moyes ends up at Palace or another Premier League club he can make amends for how badly he f'd United over by signing some of the dead wood.

In yesterday's press conference someone asked van Gaal about the lack of transfer activity despite the window's closure in a couple of weeks and he said "A player can be signed in 24 hours, believe me it's not a problem".

He also repeated what he's said previously about needing time to fully assess his squad and see if they can adapt to his methods as in his own words "I have a different way of dealing with players to normal coaches" :lol

If United could get actual money for Welbeck I'd be suprised, but with Chicharito seemingly on his way out and no new arrivals I think they're probably stuck with him.

The game with Swansea starts in about an hour as I type this. After pre-season I'm reasonably confident about the opening few fixtures, but the lack of a defence is a concern and I still think they'll be overrun in midfield against the better sides.

:lol

24 hours, eh? Well, they better get started. All I'll say is it's better to lose now before the window is closed.

Obviously a win is the best possible start, but I'll be honest, I'm not too concerned at the moment.

Man Utd 1-2 Swansea

With the lack of investment on new players it's no real suprise. The paper thin defense and lack of a proper midfield battler stuck out like a sore thumb.

United have a quality manager and a handful of decent players, but it's not enough to make the top 4.

If they really have the money that Wooodward claims, it's time to spend it to get Vidal, Di Maria and a couple of centre backs.

Number 1 trending tweet is #sackvangaal.

United really do have fickle fans. I've seen some swear they were done supporting their team then a few weeks later become their biggest cheerleader. :lol

Apparently this is being printed out now to be handed out at the next united home game.

image.jpg

Meh, they'll come good. Van Gaal's teams aren't always the best starters.

One major difference from last season was that United's heads didn't go down each time Swansea scored, they kept going.

Unlike his predecessor LvG also didn't sit there like a frightened rabbit caught in a car's headlights dithering over tactical changes and substitutions, he changed the formation at half time and for a while it worked as they got level, they just couldn't maintain the momentum and got caught on a break without a recognised left back.

GOOOAAAALLLL UNITED MAKE IT 2-2.
Vidal crossed it into Hummels who chested it down to Kroos who banged it home!
96"

next week Vidal, Di Maria,Kroos will be starting and United will be back on top..if not , following week, Ronaldo will be baclk then

Good day of footie so far. I think Utd fans should appreciate the result today. Van Gaal needs to sign 4-5 world class players within the next two weeks to stand any chance of being successful.

Good day of footie so far. I think Utd fans should appreciate the result today. Van Gaal needs to sign 4-5 world class players within the next two weeks to stand any chance of being successful.

He is being set up to fail, just as Moyes was.

The only difference is that van Gaal is a good manager with a sound footballing philosophy.

Great win. Always feels good to win the home opener. I'd hate to be a big team full of expectations and fall apart in the first game.

Just goes to show you that there's more to winning than just signing a big name coach.

Back