English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wenger apparently wanted Smalling in a swap which United turned down.

There's just under a month left in the transfer window so hopefully some of these stories will pan out in United's favor, even a couple more new signings would provide a further boost going into the new season.

Unlike last year United have a relatively easy start as they play,

Swansea (h)
Sunderland (a)
Burnley (a)
QPR (h)
Leicester (a)
West Ham (h)

The new manager has already raised morale with his positive approach and confidence should be high after the trip to the States so a good start is definitely achievable.

Interesting. I'd probably have accepted that trade, but I guess Smalling is younger and van Gaal probably thinks he can improve.

There's not much to this article, but it is interesting that van Gaal named Di Maria and put him in the same bracket as Ronaldo: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...n-uniteds-angel-di-maria-4028442#.U-dGmvmSxzc

On paper (especially considering the good form and positivity around the club) you'd expect United to comfortably win those games. But of course anything is possible and there are no real easy games in the Premier League. A good start seems very doable, though.

Edit:

Ok, surely this is happening now. If Chicharito going to Juve doesn't pave the way for Vidal, nothing will: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...e-close-as-Javier-Hernandez-heads-to-Juventus

Last edited:
Interesting. I'd probably have accepted that trade, but I guess Smalling is younger and van Gaal probably thinks he can improve.

There's not much to this article, but it is interesting that van Gaal named Di Maria and put him in the same bracket as Ronaldo: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...n-uniteds-angel-di-maria-4028442#.U-dGmvmSxzc

On paper (especially considering the good form and positivity around the club) you'd expect United to comfortably win those games. But of course anything is possible and there are no real easy games in the Premier League. A good start seems very doable, though.

Edit:

Ok, surely this is happening now. If Chicharito going to Juve doesn't pave the way for Vidal, nothing will: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...e-close-as-Javier-Hernandez-heads-to-Juventus

Wenger apparently wanted Smalling when he was still at Fulham but United beat him to it.

So van Gaal's basically admitted his current wingers are crap :lol

It'd be a great move for Chicharito if it comes off, he deserves a chance to get regular football and Juve are several dozen notches up from Southampton, who're also said to be intrested in him.

Deandre Yedlin to Spurs rumors are picking up.

Oh yeah, tip of the cap to the MLS all stars, poor sports at Bayren I see. lol!

Was meant to be in London yesterday to have talks. We are meant to be loaning him back for a year. Decent player. Had a great WC and looked good against us when we played Seattle. I was actually very impressed with they're stadium. Although it had a plastic pitch, the stadium itself is quite stunning and the fans were awesome.

Wenger apparently wanted Smalling when he was still at Fulham but United beat him to it.

So van Gaal's basically admitted his current wingers are crap :lol

It'd be a great move for Chicharito if it comes off, he deserves a chance to get regular football and Juve are several dozen notches up from Southampton, who're also said to be intrested in him.

Pretty much. :lol

Yeah, it'd be a really good move for him. Plus I'd be kinda happy for him. Can't blame the man for wanting regular football.

Pretty much. :lol

Yeah, it'd be a really good move for him. Plus I'd be kinda happy for him. Can't blame the man for wanting regular football.

It's one thing being behind RVP and Rooney in the pecking order, because when they're both fully fit and fully motivated they are the best two strikers currently at the club.

But there's no logical reason to explain why Chicharito has ended up behind Welbeck who is one of the worst players in the history of the Premier League.

It's one thing being behind RVP and Rooney in the pecking order, because when they're both fully fit and fully motivated they are the best two strikers currently at the club.

But there's no logical reason to explain why Chicharito has ended up behind Welbeck who is one of the worst players in the history of the Premier League.

That's just insulting. :lol

He might not be 1st choice at Juve, but he won't be 3rd. Can't see him being behind Llorente in the pecking order.

That's just insulting. :lol

He might not be 1st choice at Juve, but he won't be 3rd. Can't see him being behind Llorente in the pecking order.

Of the players that have reportedly been told by van Gaal that they're free to find new clubs Chicharito is the only one I think is any kind of loss to the club.

Rafael, Anderson, Nani and Fellaini certainly won't be missed :lol

It also looks like Zaha might have been told he's not required as well. Given the reports about his attitude from his time at Palace and his early months at United it's perhaps no suprise that he's among the first casualties of the new regime as van Gaal doesn't take any ****.

Of the players that have reportedly been told by van Gaal that they're free to find new clubs Chicharito is the only one I think is any kind of loss to the club.

Rafael, Anderson, Nani and Fellaini certainly won't be missed :lol

It also looks like Zaha might have been told he's not required as well. Given the reports about his attitude from his time at Palace and his early months at United it's perhaps no suprise that he's among the first casualties of the new regime as van Gaal doesn't take any ****.

It will be a day of celebration once they are all gone. :lol

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if that were the case with Zaha. Attitude problems aside, I don't recall him being very impressive when given a chance. As opposed to someone like Januzaj who scored two goals in his first start against Sunderland. :lol

It will be a day of celebration once they are all gone. :lol

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if that were the case with Zaha. Attitude problems aside, I don't recall him being very impressive when given a chance. As opposed to someone like Januzaj who scored two goals in his first start against Sunderland. :lol

Thanks to Moyes expectations for success are the lowest they've been in years so seeing the departure of that lot would definitely add to the improved mood since van Gaal took over.

On the evidence I've seen Zaha is like a hybrid of Nani and Welbeck. Which is not a good combination :lol

Thanks to Moyes expectations for success are the lowest they've been in years so seeing the departure of that lot would definitely add to the improved mood since van Gaal took over.

On the evidence I've seen Zaha is like a hybrid of Nani and Welbeck. Which is not a good combination :lol

Christ, that's a combo I'd rather not think about. :lol

Christ, that's a combo I'd rather not think about. :lol

The only time Zaha has scored at United was allegedly with David Moyes daughter :lol

Last night's friendly with Valencia had an unexpected finish, a winning goal in Louis Time scored by Fellaini!

United's new captain has also been announced.

It's Rooney :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I predict yet another money grab within 6 months as his agent will no doubt start telling him that a captain deserves another 100 grand a week.

In other news,
Luke Shaw is going to miss the first month of the season as he's got a hamstring injury.

Adnan Januzaj has been given the number 11 shirt.

The only time Zaha has scored at United was allegedly with David Moyes daughter :lol

Last night's friendly with Valencia had an unexpected finish, a winning goal in Louis Time scored by Fellaini!

United's new captain has also been announced.

It's Rooney :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I predict yet another money grab within 6 months as his agent will no doubt start telling him that a captain deserves another 100 grand a week.

In other news,
Luke Shaw is going to miss the first month of the season as he's got a hamstring injury.

Adnan Januzaj has been given the number 11 shirt.

:rotfl

Yeah surprising one, that. You'd think he'd make RvP captain considering he's the Dutch captain. Maybe van Gaal sees something in Rooney.

Even though it's only a month, this does open the door even further for Rojo to sign.

A worthy replacement for the #11, I think. And it makes sense. Giggs will never be replaced, but Januzaj has the talent to do well at the club.

Any over seas Sunderland fans?

Can't say I've ever encountered any, to be honest. :lol

:rotfl

Yeah surprising one, that. You'd think he'd make RvP captain considering he's the Dutch captain. Maybe van Gaal sees something in Rooney.

Even though it's only a month, this does open the door even further for Rojo to sign.

A worthy replacement for the #11, I think. And it makes sense. Giggs will never be replaced, but Januzaj has the talent to do well at the club.

The only possible reason for not giving it RVP must be to avoid any accusations of favoritism.

I'm not convinced Rooney gives a damn any more, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

There seems to be some kind of legal row going on between Rojo's club and his management company over what percentage of the transfer fee each of them get. I don't suppose United will care as long as they get the player.

Giggs apparently rejected calls for the number 11 shirt to be retired and I'm pleased they gave it Januzaj. He looked a good player even when taking advice from Moyes so van Gaal should really help him develop into something special.

The number 7 shirt is still being kept free, possibly for Vidal????

Back