English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Down our local brewery, in my Ramsey jersey and no less than 3 arsenal fans have come up and talked about the game. And this is in northern Virginia. Right...the USA isn't ready for soccer.

One major difference from last season was that United's heads didn't go down each time Swansea scored, they kept going.

Unlike his predecessor LvG also didn't sit there like a frightened rabbit caught in a car's headlights dithering over tactical changes and substitutions, he changed the formation at half time and for a while it worked as they got level, they just couldn't maintain the momentum and got caught on a break without a recognised left back.

Yeah, gotta take some positives out of the defeat. They'll bounce back, no doubts about that.

GOOOAAAALLLL UNITED MAKE IT 2-2.
Vidal crossed it into Hummels who chested it down to Kroos who banged it home!
96"

That made me laugh. :lol

Great win. Always feels good to win the home opener. I'd hate to be a big team full of expectations and fall apart in the first game.

You mean just like Arsenal's 3-1 loss to Aston Villa last season? I agree, that was pretty bad. :lol

Last edited:
this season is going to be another hell of a ride, all teams looks up for it,,if City can maintain their consistency like last season in that they dont drop silly points , they might yet again win the league,,, but i think a major chunk of their players are out with injury at the moment

Yeah, gotta take some positives out of the defeat. They'll bounce back, no doubts about that.

That made me laugh. :lol

You mean just like Arsenal's 3-1 loss to Aston Villa last season? I agree, that was pretty bad. :lol

Funny. :). I hope you are more loyal than the other united "fans" on this thread. Hope you don't categorize groups of people either.

this season is going to be another hell of a ride, all teams looks up for it,,if City can maintain their consistency like last season in that they dont drop silly points , they might yet again win the league,,, but i think a major chunk of their players are out with injury at the moment

I agree. Chelsea dropped silly points as well last season, but with the additions they've made I think we'll probably see less of that. And I think they'll win it.

Funny. :). I hope you are more loyal than the other united "fans" on this thread. Hope you don't categorize groups of people either.

:D There are only two groups I categorise... Sydney FC and Melbourne Heart fans (my local team's rivals). They're all a**holes. Otherwise, I just enjoy the banter.

Chelsea will win the league this season

I can see Costa being a big success. Him and Chelsea are a match made in heaven

Also that midfield is just class.

I agree. Chelsea dropped silly points as well last season, but with the additions they've made I think we'll probably see less of that. And I think they'll win it.

:D There are only two groups I categorise... Sydney FC and Melbourne Heart fans (my local team's rivals). They're all a**holes. Otherwise, I just enjoy the banter.

There's been much worse than banter in this thread. I should have a mod un delete some of the posts. Grouping Liverpool fans as all the same, grouping blacks as all the same. It was quite enlightening. Shame the posts got deleted. Worst was when a united "fan" joked about the hillsborough tragedy and said more Liverpool fans should have died.

Chelsea will win the league this season

I can see Costa being a big success. Him and Chelsea are a match made in heaven

Also that midfield is just class.

I agree. He suits they're style but he's dirty and if he gets injured, they have an old Drogba and a crap Torres

City
Chelsea
Arse
Man U

I think it'll be,

Chelsea
City
Liverpool
Arsenal

Top 2 could be either way and will go to the wire. Just not sure on Liverpool. Iv heard they have been decent pre season and they have brought pretty well but to lose a player as good as Suarez and the added pressure of the champions league could really hurt them.
I disagree United need 4 or 5 but they need but they do need 2 centre backs and maybe a box to box midfielder with an engine. Blind is very good and id be tempted to grab vlaar to partner him.
Once LVG has his final 11 and gets them playing how he wants and with no europe, I think they will get in the top 4.

Top 2 could be either way and will go to the wire. Just not sure on Liverpool. Iv heard they have been decent pre season and they have brought pretty well but to lose a player as good as Suarez and the added pressure of the champions league could really hurt them.
I disagree United need 4 or 5 but they need but they do need 2 centre backs and maybe a box to box midfielder with an engine. Blind is very good and id be tempted to grab vlaar to partner him.
Once LVG has his final 11 and gets them playing how he wants and with no europe, I think they will get in the top 4.

To clarify I meant to say that's how I think the table is likely to finish if United don't spend in the next 2 weeks and in January.

If the Glazers aren't being tight fisted and some players can be brought in then I think 3rd or 4th isn't assured, but it's possible.

Top priority has to be a midfield battler, Vidal would be perfect and if there's any truth to the rumors they should give Juventus £40 million, Chicharito & Nani and get it done. No more excuses from the board. They have the money, so they should spend it.

Blind can play left wing back or defensive midfield so would be a smart buy and relatively cheap.

Di Maria and another wide player that can cross the ball would also help as Januzaj has talent but is still very raw.

Back