Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they are not. They sometimes use real SS pieces as their pics and what you get is NOTHING like the pics, its all junk.

There are very good quality recasts...actually quite a lot.
But, you should try your best stay away from them unless you have made you mind.

maybe I struck lucky I have 2 recasts the T800 bust and TX and they are great exactly the same build and paint as my SS ones

maybe I struck lucky I have 2 recasts the T800 bust and TX and they are great exactly the same build and paint as my SS ones

If I ever bought a recast, i would hide it in a dark basement and only view it at night while whipping my bare back with a horse crop in shame. And I would never openly admit to others that I support this practice, but that's just me, we can't all be expected to have the same morals.
Enjoy the recasts!

If I ever bought a recast, i would hide it in a dark basement and only view it at night while whipping my bare back with a horse crop in shame. And I would never openly admit to others that I support this practice, but that's just me, we can't all be expected to have the same morals.
Enjoy the recasts!

:lol:lol

Enjoy the recasts!

I do they are great!

I do not get them anymore, as they hold no value to it if you were to sell them on in time.

I remember the days where Id buy resin and vinyl kits, build them and paint them, then all these license products came out, and that was the end of that.

I do not get them anymore, as they hold no value to it if you were to sell them on in time.

I remember the days where Id buy resin and vinyl kits, build them and paint them, then all these license products came out, and that was the end of that.

The garage kit industry is still alive and well.

Is collecting all about being able to sell it later for the same or possible more value? I collect stuff because I like it and I don't think about reselling it over 10+ years. I know some things will lose value but I still buy them because I like it. I don't buy collectibles to resell them later. That's not what collecting is about when you ask me.

We should not really compare the garage kits with these recasts, they might be similar at a first glance, but in fact they are not

I don't have much, only a soft foam endoskull that was likely copied from a Stan Winston cast and a Sideshow T-700 endoskull because it is the second only licensed skull I've found that has the accurate teeth - the vinyl M1 is the other.

Terminator2-3D-004.jpg

I'm fairly certain it's a copy (or a copy of a copy) of this particular Stan Winston endoskull (the picture of the mold and cast in the first picture, not the casts shown at the top). Mine has the same look to the teeth (uppers extend down over the lowers) and has the mold line at the same place as the SWS skull as seen in the below pictures. Recently found the second picture that shows the skull with added flesh sculpt.
T4 - Endoskeleton - Skulls - 02.jpg T4 - Endoskeleton - Skulls - 03.jpg

And a picture of the skull next to the Sideshow T-700 showing the massive size difference. The Sideshow one almost looks like a female or a child in comparison.
Sideshow-T-700-001.jpg
If anyone know how to remove the paint from the Sideshow skull, please let me know as I'd very much like to repaint it.

Really wish M1 would do a rotocast resin version of their excellent endoskull, as the vinyl one sadly has shrinkage and warpage issues.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can soak painted resin in simple green concentrate overnight to strip paint. You have to watch it so you don't soften the plastic.
I used to do chrome plastic model parts with easy off oven cleaner. Google search those two methods and I am sure you may find some helpful info.
Good luck!

Love all those skulls. I recently pulled my Chrome Sideshow skull out of storage and the lights are pooched. Still looks awesome though.

6A7A587E-BD58-413E-98A6-054C0FECEF66.jpeg

Oh bummer! Just saw the new endos from Dark Fate! :gah:
Why, oh why are they using the Genisys designs? Cameron and Miller said that they were ignoring everything after T2. Apparantly not the re-designed T-800s.
I was hoping for a lot of awesome T1-T2 looking vehicles and terminators. And was looking forward to some cool 1:1 replicas, like busts, skulls and arms coming from Sideshow, Chronicle etc. But nooo. :dunno

Well, I guess I’ll just hold on to my 10 year old Sideshow Endoskull. (Which I recently got signed by Michael Biehn and Robert Patrick) :yess:

E082DED8-1414-460A-8BEC-DB5345053296.jpg

They spent a lot of money on the endo redesign and I for one think it is a nice upgrade to the old versions so I don't blame them for using the new ones.

They spent a lot of money on the endo redesign and I for one think it is a nice upgrade to the old versions so I don't blame them for using the new ones.

Plus, Chronicle makes the Genysis endo products so it has to be good.:wave

They probably got all the files created for Genysis as a cost saving method. Why start from the ground up when you can get fairly recent CGI files for cheaper. The change in design is so minimal that the average fan will not notice. Plus, if the timeline was altered by Sarah, then maybe these were too?

Back