Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus, Chronicle makes the Genysis endo products so it has to be good.:wave

They probably got all the files created for Genysis as a cost saving method. Why start from the ground up when you can get fairly recent CGI files for cheaper. The change in design is so minimal that the average fan will not notice. Plus, if the timeline was altered by Sarah, then maybe these were too?

Lots of companies make Genysis stuff. If the original Legacy design wasn't well done it wouldn't matter who reproduced them. Movie wasn't great, but the Endos were.

Lots of companies make Genysis stuff. If the original Legacy design wasn't well done it wouldn't matter who reproduced them. Movie wasn't great, but the Endos were.

All the mechanics were improved for the Genisyssyiess model. It would have been so easy for them to just change the breast plate like T2 and leave the rest. I was never a fan of the gunmetal painted parts.

I hated the re-designs, hated Genisys upset now if they are using the new design Endo in DF. If so, I won't be collecting which sucks as I love Terminator. Hope its not true! hope they are the original T1 or T2 Endos!!!

The Genesys skull design was a serious step-down from the T2 perfection. And the design overall I would say too. Too polished too fancy it looks more like a beautiful fragile car not machinery that you would find in a war.

When something works perfect why change it.

The Genesys skull design was a serious step-down from the T2 perfection. And the design overall I would say too. Too polished too fancy it looks more like a beautiful fragile car not machinery that you would find in a war.

Exactly, its too PG friendly

That's a good way to put it. You're exactly right though, they don't look gritty or menacing enough.

Hi everybody,

I've had my 1:1 Clean Sideshow T800 bust since 2008. It has been in the box for over 1 year now and yesterday I decided to unbox it again to have a look at it. I noticed that it had some blue stains on some parts, and when I scrapped them with my finger nails the blue layer stains disappeared leaving a shiny silver spot. You can see it better in the photos (the last 2 photos). What are these blue stains? Is there anyway I can repair it?

Also , it feels like the rainbow effect has gotten worse somehow. What do you guys think?

Album (https://imgur.com/a/mkrI8)

Maybe is some oxidizing? I guess the reason SSC made the Battle Damaged version is exactly because of the faulty chroming process on too many clean ones.

I'm still waiting for someone to offer a true T1/T2 endoskull with the cast-in teeth. Similar to the one the owner of M1 received to make his vinyl skulls from. Really wish he'd get the license again and this time make resin skulls instead.

Maybe is some oxidizing? I guess the reason SSC made the Battle Damaged version is exactly because of the faulty chroming process on too many clean ones.

Yep, this was actually confirmed by former Sideshow designer Paul Francis. They had issues on a lot of the busts, with the chrome plating and parts not being perfect - so as a solution to not lose a lot of money on the production, they came up with the battle damaged version.

When I cleaned my battle damaged skull back in 2009, I was a bit nervous to find any huge covered defects. But thankfully only a slight discoloring in the chrome on one side was visible and two small spots underneath the black paint on the jaw was unchromed. But it was easily fixed with chrome paint and a new black wash all over.

I cleaned my endo a few years back and for the life of me can't find any flaws.

Also a coat of Renaissance wax applied every so often keeps it clean and shiny.

Looking for a sideshow t-800 endoskull. They rarely pop in on eBay anymore for less than $1500.

No I do not. Those seem to be harder to find these days to.

I have seen a few pop up on eBay for fairly cheap(compared to the SS anyway) over the past 6 months or so, I would hold out for one of those and skip the SS one. I decided to sell mine when I got my first full size endo, but it was a great piece.

i got one up fro grabs if anyone is interested i recently got the teeth redone as well
1.jpg
2.jpg

Good job, teeth look much better. I did a similar job to mine, and also separated the two front lower teeth.

Good job, teeth look much better. I did a similar job to mine, and also separated the two front lower teeth.

How much is the Sideshow Endoskull Combat Edition 1:1 going for now days? Is $585 US considered good price?

How much is the Sideshow Endoskull Combat Edition 1:1 going for now days? Is $585 US considered good price?

I guess it is, just be sure the electronics works well, not to have damaged parts or cracked chrome. And look at the teeth, to be the good ones.

Back