eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like BBTS is Sold Out, that was fast. Glad I got my order in. I also just got the Hammer from a local shop. Just under $600, had to do it. Going to look awesome displayed together.

A quick question guys, is there any different to the shield with the full payment option and the flex payment option? Like the full payment was the exclusive and the other one is regular version?

A quick question guys, is there any different to the shield with the full payment option and the flex payment option? Like the full payment was the exclusive and the other one is regular version?

Lifted from efx website:
- There will only be 200 pieces available for this payment in FULL option
- Guaranteed to get your shield first, even before the retailers and distributors
- Low edition number (estimated to be between 1 - 250)

Is it just the lighting or are there really differences between the protos shown at Wondercon 2012 and 2014?

The shield shown at Wondercon 2012 seemed to have a better / more even sheen compared to the proto shown at WC 2014.

2012:

Wondercon%2B2012%2BEFX%2BCollectibles%2B01.JPG

wondercon-2012-captain-america-shield-efx.jpg

aoja8j1ciaaqvhz.jpg

2014:

image_zps52c0bc2a.jpg

beb1dcd7360189b0cdb0730b904b827f_zps7d462ae8.jpg

eFX-Shield-2.jpg

P.S. The wall mount looks very ugly. Will most likely never use it.

Lifted from efx website:
- There will only be 200 pieces available for this payment in FULL option
- Guaranteed to get your shield first, even before the retailers and distributors
- Low edition number (estimated to be between 1 - 250)

So except from that they are identical versions?

Glad I got in on the full payment option from eFX on Thursday morning when it was still available.

They said the first 200-250 will be in the first container for delivery to those opting for the Full Payment. The second container which I am guessing will also have about the same 200-250 will be for the Payment Plan customers. Then does that mean the remaining 1000 or so shields will be distributed to the various retailers around the globe? Wondering what are the allocations to each retailer? At eFX, Full Payment sold out early that afternoon and Payment Plan sold out later that same day. BBTS also sold out in less than a day. Just wondering where the rest of those allocations went?

Well I went ahead and ordered through bbts before they sold out. I just couldn't risk the regret of not getting it. And if they make a TWS "stealth" shield I'll absolutely get that one too. I hope they make his stealth cowl too.

I got in on the full payment from eFX pretty early but just to play it safe, I have a PO at BBTS as well. I'll cancel it once I get a shipping notice from eFX.

These are selling much faster than I anticipated. Ended up pulling the trigger for one yesterday through Alter Ego. If any one is still on the fence they only have one left.

And it's a shame about the wall mount. It's hideous and cheapens the overall look. Guess I'll be making my own.

These are selling much faster than I anticipated. Ended up pulling the trigger for one yesterday through Alter Ego. If any one is still on the fence they only have one left.

And it's a shame about the wall mount. It's hideous and cheapens the overall look. Guess I'll be making my own.

Just run some picture frame wire through the two handles and mount it on a frame hook. That's what I did with my CF version and it looks great.

shield.jpg

Yea, that seems best. Hopefully, since we know we won't see this ship for a long time, they will consider changing the wall mount. Looks like alterego is sold out now, crazy how fast this is selling out, but I'm not surprised with the success of the new cap film.

AFX is usually pretty solid. I've ordered a number of items from them over the years and have never had any issues.

If I remember right, they are based in Hawaii so things take awhile to ship.

I ordered the wolverine LSF through them and payed it in full, they never came through on it, but I got my money back. I won't do business with them again unless the item is in stock.

Action Figure Xpress is my first choice for collectibles. Always cheaper, except for this. And they have a 5% rewards club. They answer calls and emails, and package great. When I first saw these posts about the shield up for order few days ago it was sold out at EFX and BBTS. I had been waiting for this for almost 2 years. Alter Ego had some left. AFX hadn't had it up at the time. I emailed them Saturday to ask if they will have it. Then Alter Ego had one left. Then AFX got back to me yesterday and said they put it up. Alter Ego sold out and so ordered from AFX. What makes it good is I get 5% back like Sideshow, and Sideshow isn't carrying this.

Back