eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been having a tough time on deciding what to do. Different sizes and materials have been racking my brain on what the perfect shield is. Lack of availability lately sucks. But I decided to order through BBTS, with no NRD (surprisingly) and can cancel anytime if I see something better or don't have the funds in the meantime.

Ordered at BBTS, had to make an account since this is my first oreder with them :D

Heard nothing but good things about the shop so I thought I would take the dive, and the fact some here ordered from them instead of ordering direct doesn't settle efx well with me

I ordered with BBTS to. I'm not too concerned with the size. Either way its a must have piece.

eFX Inc.
2 hours ago
The option 1 pre-order is now sold out. Thank you very much!
eFX Inc.
7 mins ·
What a day! The option 2 pre-order is also now sold out. Please check with our authorized retailers for their availability. And again, thanks to everyone!

... hope everyone was able to get one if they wanted it. This thing went fast! :rock

Ordered through bbts too for the option to cancel if needed. I like the finish of the WS version better, so if we hear they will make that version, I will just wait for that one.

eFX Inc.
2 hours ago
The option 1 pre-order is now sold out. Thank you very much!
eFX Inc.
7 mins ·
What a day! The option 2 pre-order is also now sold out. Please check with our authorized retailers for their availability. And again, thanks to everyone!

... hope everyone was able to get one if they wanted it. This thing went fast! :rock

Wow so glad I ordered when i did. I'm still unsure of getting the piece, but at least BBTS allows to cancel later with no NRD.

I also hope other guys that wanted it got one. I would be preety bummed for you guys

Found this on youtube, they were talking about the EFX Star Wars Y-Wing, but these were hanging in the background. So there could be more to come, but i'm keeping my order with BBTS.

Bryan from eFX clarified on a few things, here was his post on RPF. I was mistaken on the hero shields being exclusively 25" to 26", looks like they did have 24" aluminum heros too. I also didn't realize they gave Evans an even smaller shield for carrying on his back, though I did read elsewhere that he had a 23" for carrying as well (18" seems way too small considering his size).

The shields made for The Avengers were 24" in diameter. They did not make any aluminum ones for this film. What they did was take an aluminum one from TFA and cast it to make the fiberglass shields for The Avengers, thus, the aluminum shields from TFA are also 24" Obviously, I cannot comment why some of the shields made by RPF members are 26" Also the shield that was on Evans back, if I am not mistaking, was 18"

Thanks!

Bryan

The reason for the frosted logos is to hide the small pad on the backside of the bracket. This will prevent the scratching and damaging of the shield when on the display. There will also be protective felt on the bottom and the back panel of the bracket.

Isn't 24" diameter really small for a shield?

Being 5'10" and seeing it in person, I thought it looked perfect. I didn't even know my Chris Fields shield was a different size until recently, I think his are 26" and I couldn't really tell the difference.

I know my old Museum Replicas one was way to huge.

Being 5'10" and seeing it in person, I thought it looked perfect. I didn't even know my Chris Fields shield was a different size until recently, I think his are 26" and I couldn't really tell the difference.

I know my old Museum Replicas one was way to huge.

I actually just asked Chris yesterday since I was too lazy to measure my own shield :rotfl His shields were all 25", I was incorrect in my earlier posts on this thread. His very first run was 26" but that was back in 2010-2011, so unless you were in that run, your shield is likely 25".

24" is going to look fine. I think I was just too used to seeing my 25" shield and couldn't stop noticing the smaller eFX size. For quick reference, here's my 25" CF shield on my back with my costume on, and I'm 5'11 with athletic build so not too far off from Chris Evans' size.

IMG_20121020_164519.jpg

And for a fun quick comparison:
captain-america-2.jpg

I'm guessing they used a 23" or 24" shield for this shot:
Captain-America-Movie-Poster1.jpg

^ I think a 24" will look a little better for people 6' and under. But yeah, I was able to get the very last spot on his first run and I know he's been tweaking it since.

Hold up, so they're also going to release a red, white, and blue Winter Soldier shield as well? Just wondering if I should get that as a backup in case the Avengers shield sells out.

Ok, it took them over 2 years to finally put this AVENGERS movie prop for pre-order. I would not hold by breath on any more shields coming any time soon. Indeed, be thankful we even got this shield.

Back