eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a beer gut :monkey2

and hamburger gut :monkey2

and hot dog gut :monkey2

and soda gut :monkey2

But I think i'll give that suit a try :yess:

Just a word of caution my friend these suits fit snug; especially the jackets. I am in above average shape and own two suits. The large jackets don't leave me too much space. Didn't want to a be a knob but the suits are expensive and they don't accept refunds so I thought I would throw out a word of caution. One of the members on SF got burned in this regard.

This piece and the piece that SSC have on their site have different handle. Which one is the most similar to the THOR movie?

The Sideshow hammer is from the Thor movie. The eFX is from the Avengers movie. How and why the hammer changed from one movie to the next is the $64,000 question.

Has THOR's Mjolnir the inscription? Cause I think this is the most important part of THE hammer. :pray:

The Sideshow hammer is from the Thor movie. The eFX is from the Avengers movie. How and why the hammer changed from one movie to the next is the $64,000 question.

Odin said 'Thor, Odin Son, my first born, Marvel need some changes to Mjolnir so that they have an excuse to put out a new product when you join the homosapiens super team'

Thor: 'You are an old man and a sell out!'

Odin: 'Yeah... dont get too attached to your new handle, there's still another 5 movies'

Now we're talkin'! Glad I didn't get the Mini Mjolnir SS is selling. I hope the hammer head is metal...:clap

ba7808e1.jpg

The hammer head is going to be resin with a leather handle sent a pm about it

That's cool. The biggest concern for me is going to be it's size. But eFx seems to get those things correct much more than MR does. So this will be a definite buy for me.....

Yeah it's the size that's bothering me about the MR version does anybody no the screen dimentions of the hammer?

I've read they used the dimensions from the Comic as the base although it's a bit different.

f881b2f0b86f193f0f5babed281ddc06.jpg

Looking that film references you are still looking at just under 2 feet for the film hammer.

Thanks
Thought it was small it's a shame because a metal one would be Awesome.
8.5 inches length for the hammer head just seems too small too

Anyone else think a high quality Infinity Gauntlet comic replica would be pretty sweet?

I got one custom one! Its pretty nice, but needs better paint I think.
Still, I would love to see it made!! With light up this time please! Please efx!

IMG_7718.jpg

Now we're talkin'! Glad I didn't get the Mini Mjolnir SS is selling. I hope the hammer head is metal...:clap

ba7808e1.jpg

Why do you think the Sideshow Mjolnir is small???

The head is 8.5" X 5.5" X 5.5" and the handle is approximately 11" in length. Those are the exact dimensions of the movie hammer.

I have the Dr. Pepper hammer, which has been the best quality mass produced movie hammer thus far. But it's dimensions are 9.25" X 5.75" X 5.75" and the handle is 12.75" long for a total of 18.5" length. Even though I do like the Dr. Pepper hammer, it's a tad too large.

By comparison, the Factory X, which has been the long-time favorite of everyone, is 7.5" X 4.25" X 4" and the handle 13" for a total of 17.25 in length. A "barber pole" handle so thick it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Why do you think the Sideshow Mjolnir is small???

The head is 8.5" X 5.5" X 5.5" and the handle is approximately 11" in length. Those are the exact dimensions of the movie hammer.

According to who exactly? I haven't seen any official dimensions. Plus, MR is known for making props smaller than 1:1

I have the Dr. Pepper hammer, which has been the best quality mass produced movie hammer thus far. But it's dimensions are 9.25" X 5.75" X 5.75" and the handle is 12.75" long for a total of 18.5" length. Even though I do like the Dr. Pepper hammer, it's a tad too large.

I have one as well, and it fits/looks good in my hand. And I'm sure Chris Hemmsworth is larger than me. That's why it looks right to me.

By comparison, the Factory X, which has been the long-time favorite of everyone, is 7.5" X 4.25" X 4" and the handle 13" for a total of 17.25 in length. A "barber pole" handle so thick it's ridiculous.

The comic Thor was massive....something like 6'6" and 640 pounds. And this hammer...which I also had...was small in my hand. It's pretty well known this hammer was too small.

According to who exactly? I haven't seen any official dimensions. Plus, MR is known for making props smaller than 1:1

I have one as well, and it fits/looks good in my hand. And I'm sure Chris Hemmsworth is larger than me. That's why it looks right to me.

The comic Thor was massive....something like 6'6" and 640 pounds. And this hammer...which I also had...was small in my hand. It's pretty well known this hammer was too small.

Upper Deck, whom had one of the actual movie props to use in the Thor cards (which was later scratched) had the dimensions of the hammer on their website. I wrote them down for future reference. The Sideshow hammer is exactly those same dimensions. Others that have made the hammer (ie, Eaglewood) uses those same dimensions as well.

Btw...

On the RPF, member Bimmer who is/was doing a movie replica hammer, had almost identical dimensions for his hammer. Your reply to him was: Very Nice! I love the work you've done on the leather wrap as well....count me in.

Why would the size of his be acceptable to you, but the Sideshow hammer not?

Upper Deck, whom had one of the actual movie props to use in the Thor cards (which was later scratched) had the dimensions of the hammer on their website. I wrote them down for future reference. The Sideshow hammer is exactly those same dimensions. Others that have made the hammer (ie, Eaglewood) uses those same dimensions as well.

Btw...

On the RPF, member Bimmer who is/was doing a movie replica hammer, had almost identical dimensions for his hammer. Your reply to him was: Very Nice! I love the work you've done on the leather wrap as well....count me in.

Why would the size of his be acceptable to you, but the Sideshow hammer not?

Really? UpperDeck got things wrong all the time on their cards. And what does me complimenting Bimmer on the leather wrap have to do with the hammerhead size? AND Bimmer did do nice work on the hammer AND at that time there was nothing else on the horizon...thats why. Hey you want to buy a small hammer...by all means do so. :lol

Obviously if you read these threads I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Back