eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I worked at Hot Toys with the way this forum goes damn near fanatical about their stuff both positive and negative, I wouldn't post crap. The sheer amount of nerd venom that would spew within the first week would be enough to have them running for the hills. Why do you think Sideshow rarely posts here other than those in CS?

They do lurk though as does Sideshow but I'd be shocked to ever see an actual Hot Toys employee on these boards.

Now Bryan if you want to pay me to be the eFX board rep I'd be happy to take that on. ;) :lol

If I worked at Hot Toys with the way this forum goes damn near fanatical about their stuff both positive and negative, I wouldn't post crap. The sheer amount of nerd venom that would spew within the first week would be enough to have them running for the hills. Why do you think Sideshow rarely posts here other than those in CS?

They do lurk though as does Sideshow but I'd be shocked to ever see an actual Hot Toys employee on these boards.

Now Bryan if you want to pay me to be the eFX board rep I'd be happy to take that on. ;) :lol

I disagree

I think the presence of someone from the company on the boards would actually encourage people to be constructive and also stop talking outta their arse about stuff they don't fully understand for fear of correction from someone who knows what they're talking about

Plus, folk probably wouldn't be so mean if they knew that the people they were talking about we're honna come and comment later. I know you've said they do lurk, but it's outta sight outta mind for lost people

It would be kinda like how you work very differently when the boss comes over.

I'm very interested in seeing if eFX can pull off the paint work and the finish to make the IM helmets look like the real props, unlike what SS has done. That's my only interest.

Don't worry dude, I know you're good for it. I said what I said with Hot Toys in mind.

Generally they stay away, they like to just let their products sell for themselves.
I think its working.... :slap
Im getting way more HT than I should! :thud:

I'm very interested in seeing if eFX can pull off the paint work and the finish to make the IM helmets look like the real props, unlike what SS has done. That's my only interest.

If I was going to bet on one company to do it its eFX!
They are perfectionist and take their time.

I disagree. I think the presence of someone from the company on the boards would actually encourage people to be constructive and also stop talking outta their arse about stuff they don't fully understand for fear of correction from someone who knows what they're talking about. Plus, folk probably wouldn't be so mean if they knew that the people they were talking about we're honna come and comment later. I know you've said they do lurk, but it's outta sight outta mind for lost people. It would be kinda like how you work very differently when the boss comes over.

Nope. Sideshow artists and staff used to post here A LOT and then things got out of hand, there were personal attacks, negative criticisms, people were banned for some stuff. Adam Hughes' girlfriend used to post here a lot and on other boards and people had no problem being disrespectful. Mods can only do so much and you underestimate the strength of "internet balls". I've seen some threads get ridiculous with people posting at company reps, especially on some other boards. Some still post but as standard posters and usually will say they aren't representing the company within their conversations.

There of course are lot of people who are respectful and enjoy the contributions as something unique but the ones who don't are usually most vocal and really get in the fray. Hopefully things can go a bit more respectable and they will come back but we've already got jabs about product delay in this thread and it's just begun.

Oh yeah, some of those were brutal. I haven't been to RS for a long time but mainly because I lost my password and the email I had back then isn't active anymore. :lol

Generally they stay away, they like to just let their products sell for themselves.
I think its working.... :slap
Im getting way more HT than I should! :thud:

I am both glad and sad that I am new to this hobby. The sad part is that I have missed out on so many great statues and figs. I am also glad that I didn't put out my $$$ on the stuffs I have missed. That means I have more $$$ to buy new items in the future, like these Avengers props...

I want eFx to put out the whole suit, on a payment plan and I'll happily run around in it for a while. :D

eFX helmet and shield + UD Replica suit and you're prayers have pretty much been answered.
063c6c10.jpg

So how do efx rate in terms of quality?

Their products are #1 in quality, and it is not even close. Accuracy is the obsession.

The paintwork will be flawless, and if it isn't they will fix it.

If I was going to bet on one company to do it its eFX!
They are perfectionist and take their time.

That is the sticking point. They are a small company, and because of the obsession with accuracy it takes a long, looooooooooooooooooooooooong time for the product to be manufactured and shipped.

Long time.

Oh yeah, some of those were brutal. I haven't been to RS for a long time but mainly because I lost my password and the email I had back then isn't active anymore. :lol

Yeah, I remember how active of a member you were. Guyver avatar for a while. You were even on the MR council. That company was so damn sweet looking back. We didn't know how well we had it pre-ROTS replicas.

I didnt like the bald guy picture
how about this one, I dont think your going to be able to carry around the efx version
DSC03322.jpg

Back