Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, I buy it and will no matter the ES. Though filip does have a point.

I imagine there's a difference between someone thinking that they were included in a coarse generalization, and a post that directly and repeatedly insults someone because what they read made them apoplectic.

What, did you take offense to princesses?

Someone mentioned those $750 Gucci jeans. I may be wrong - but no one knows how many of those have been made. Hot Toys doesn't announce edition size - it's a non-issue with them.

Perhaps that's what SSC should do - just completely ignore the edition size and everyone goes in thinking it's an open edition. Maybe they then announce it after it sells out - or not.

I can't help but let my own feelings get into this and I think it's a bit silly to consider such a thing. 99% of these items will be worthless in 20 years anyway. Even the Hulk or Dr. Doom PF or the SS/Weta Balrog.

I've thought about the Hot Toys comparison myself, and only hesitate to suggest that to Sideshow because they like to highlight edition size and have made it a notable part of their sale listings.

But from my perspective it really doesn't play a role.

Edition size doesn't factor into if I buy a collectible or not. If I like it I buy it.

Simple as that.

Exactly! The only reason I think anything about the ES is for the viability of a line. If it goes too high its not good for a line of collectibles and too low could mean the same thing. It doesn't determine if I like something or buy it.

Low edition size means one thing to me: it will be difficult to acquire aftermarket. If I have a pre-order secured, it's irrelevant. If I like a piece, I'll secure a pre-order. If I don't, I won't, and again, it's irrelevant.

Perhaps that's what SSC should do - just completely ignore the edition size and everyone goes in thinking it's an open edition. Maybe they then announce it after it sells out - or not.

They're halfway there.

I can't help but let my own feelings get into this and I think it's a bit silly to consider such a thing. 99% of these items will be worthless in 20 years anyway. Even the Hulk or Dr. Doom PF or the SS/Weta Balrog.

Pretty much.

I can understand people wanting their personal convenience to be one of Sideshow's primary motives in how statues and figures are offered, but if it doesn't square with how Sideshow wishes to do business, then that's hardly Sideshow's problem.

Low edition size means one thing to me: it will be difficult to acquire aftermarket. If I have a pre-order secured, it's irrelevant. If I like a piece, I'll secure a pre-order. If I don't, I won't, and again, it's irrelevant.

They're halfway there.

Pretty much.

I can understand people wanting their personal convenience to be one of Sideshow's primary motives in how statues and figures are offered, but if it doesn't square with how Sideshow wishes to do business, then that's hardly Sideshow's problem.

Irrelevant to you. You are not the only SS collector out there.

They're half way there? Great, then they can ask DCD how the light looks at the end of the tunnel. Large Es and ignoring fans really worked out well for them.

How do YOU know how SS wants to do business? Are you an owner or employee with some insight to into SSC's business policies or mission statement? If you are....please tell. I would love to know all of your nuggets of knowledge on the insights into SS business. If you are not an owner, employee, or at least a rep, this is the ask SS section of the forum, not ask devilof76.

Hey SS, I think it's only fair that your collectors know the ES of statues that are up for pre-order if you are going to charge an NRD. Many of us make decisions on purchasing your products based off the Es and other factors. The Joker PF is a perfect example of this. Anyone ponying up an NRD for this piece should have the right to know how limited the piece is. I hope in the future SSC informs its collectors of the ES of its pieces when a pre-order goes up and an NRD is required. I believe it's only fair to do so.

Completely agree. We all should email SS and link back to this thread.

I know SS is here to make money, but this is getting out of hand.

Now, back on topic. What I am asking for is not uncharted territory for SSC. If I remember correctly, The Rogue PF had both an NRD + a predetermined Es of 750 for the Ex. It has been done before. It seems to have worked.

To be clear, I do not collect because of ES. I will not buy a statue I don't like. Es means nothing to me if I think a statue doesn't look good. However, Es is one of many factors I look at when I wish to buy a statue direct from SSC.

Those of you that feel ES doesn't matter, this thread is obviously not for you. Please feel free to start a thread that states your preference of open ended or TBD ES. Many of us here do care about the ES of our pieces. This thread here shows that there are collectors who share my hope that SSC will release an ES when an NRD is required.

I believe ES does matter. Both to SSC and it's collectors. If SSC wanted to generate mass profits it would not even consider an ES for it's merchandise. SS can leave everything open ended until all orders are filled for an item. There are many collectors who were shut out from picking up pieces from SS that they wanted because of a low ES. Why? SS should keep making pieces until demand is met by their customers if they wanted to maximize profits. There are numerous members here posting how much they want the Rogue PF because they missed out. "Help me out" is what they are saying. This would not be needed if there was an open or TBD ES on her. However, SSC does limit it's product. They always have. It's worked out well for them so far.

You're right. They should do it exactly the way you want. My mistake.

filip629 said:
They're half way there? Great, then they can ask DCD how the light looks at the end of the tunnel. Large Es and ignoring fans really worked out well for them.

Who said they were employing inflated edition sizes? The only indication that they are has turned up in the form of people who are paranoid that they are. Not exactly evidence though, is it?

filip629 said:
How do YOU know how SS wants to do business? Are you an owner or employee with some insight to into SSC's business policies or mission statement?

I am only going off of what I see (as opposed to what I fear). It's not much of a leap in reasoning to suppose that they do the things they do because they want to do business that way. I hardly need to be an employee to draw that conclusion.

filip629 said:
If you are....please tell. I would love to know all of your nuggets of knowledge on the insights into SS business. If you are not an owner, employee, or at least a rep, this is the ask SS section of the forum, not ask devilof76.

Anyone else you'd like to deny permission to participate in this conversation? Do you feel that all of your views should be exempt from criticism? Or just the ones you'd like SSC to obey? Please tell.

How do YOU know how SS wants to do business? Are you an owner or employee with some insight to into SSC's business policies or mission statement? If you are....please tell. I would love to know all of your nuggets of knowledge on the insights into SS business. If you are not an owner, employee, or at least a rep, this is the ask SS section of the forum, not ask devilof76.

True words, sad that someone needs to speak down and namecall other forum members who state their view or speak for a company when he has no right to.

Sideshow has always been a good company, caring for what their customers think and putting customer satisfaction as one of their foremost concerns. To me placing an NRD on their items, and their excellent return policies and customer service have become a mainstay of their reputation and I hope they continue this trend

Hate and bile have no place in this thread, begone those that wish to tarnish other respectable members in contempt based on false assumptions and rude words. If you call someone else a whiner, in doing that you are one that is ten times worse.

Last edited:
You're right. They should do it exactly the way you want. My mistake.

Who said they were employing inflated edition sizes? The only indication that they are has turned up in the form of people who are paranoid that they are. Not exactly evidence though, is it?

I am only going off of what I see (as opposed to what I fear). It's not much of a leap in reasoning to suppose that they do the things they do because they want to do business that way. I hardly need to be an employee to draw that conclusion.

Anyone else you'd like to deny permission to participate in this conversation? Do you feel that all of your views should be exempt from criticism? Or just the ones you'd like SSC to obey? Please tell.

1) They already have. Rogue Ex PF had NRD + predetermined ES. I would like to see more of that.:yess:

2) You were the one who said they were half way there. All the way there is DCD territory. This was just a little sarcasm. I thought that it was obvious and didn't take a leap of reasoning to understand.

3) They put the ES on some pieces, and not on others. Fear is not the reason I'm asking for a predetermined ES. For the record, not everyone sees things the same way you do.

4) Just you. As I said before, having a conversation with someone who is narrow minded and speaks as if he knows everything is useless and a waste of time. There are a few people here who do not care about ES. They were open minded and even tried to come up with ways to help out on my original topic even though the have no vested interest. I have no problem with them. They don't come off as condescending and still get their point across. I'd tell you that's something you need to work on but it would be....useless. I have no problem communicating with all of the other people here who do not share my point of view. You are the only one who feels the need to stir up ____ to try and make your point. You will always be blind to this fact because you will always feel that you are right and criticize anyone who doesn't share you point of view.

True words, sad that someone needs to speak down and namecall other forum members who state their view or speak for a company when he has no right to.

Sideshow has always been a good company, caring for what their customers think and putting customer satisfaction as one of their foremost concerns. To me placing an NRD on their items, and their excellent return policies and customer service have become a mainstay of their reputation and I hope they continue this trend

Hate and bile have no place in this thread, begone those that wish to tarnish other respectable members in contempt based on false assumptions and rude words.

Well said fuzzy!:exactly:

It's hilarious that the Joker exclusive has a waitlist now when there isn't any edition size on the page, they probably forgot to type it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back