ECZamurai's custom fig's!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170306_133808-1.jpg20170306_133752-1.jpg

I'm not sure what to do. I'm finished with this part but I want to add some loose hairstrands.. But if I do that it can't be casted..

20170307_012458-1.jpg
20170307_012545-1.jpg

Small test to see how loose strands of hair over his forehead would look. Big improvement imo! Very rough obviously but it was meant just to see how it would look.

Strands look good. Never having used this green stuff I don't know how strong it is. I'd be worried about breakage. Also keep in mind you need to paint in behind there, so I wouldn't get too crazy. The first test shot looks good. It adds depth and should not pose problems with strength or painting.

20170307_165156-1.jpg

Gotta say I'm happier with how this side turned out. May touch up the other side to more match it.

I agree. Imo the best commercial ford sculpt, which is why I'm modding this one instead of a HT sculpt. Easier to fix the hair than the whole face.

This is still my favorite Han Solo sculpt, I had the same idea but I'm crap as sculptor, even for the hair. Congrats, looking forward for the final result.

This is still my favorite Han Solo sculpt, I had the same idea but I'm crap as sculptor, even for the hair. Congrats, looking forward for the final result.

It's easy really. Use a cheese rasp to take of slices of hair easily and with a small screwdriver place crude lines in the clay for how you want the hair to flow. Then thinly place detail lines. The green stuff is easily removed with said cheese cutter and you can just keep trying untill you like the results. My first hair sculpt looked nothing like this, the proof is in this very thread. Water clay and a small flat screwdriver is all I used for the above result.

It's easy really. Use a cheese rasp to take of slices of hair easily and with a small screwdriver place crude lines in the clay for how you want the hair to flow. Then thinly place detail lines. The green stuff is easily removed with said cheese cutter and you can just keep trying untill you like the results. My first hair sculpt looked nothing like this, the proof is in this very thread. Water clay and a small flat screwdriver is all I used for the above result.

How long before the Green Stuff dries?

Back