1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

You can't even see that in hand. Mine looks fine. These cameras pick up so much stuff that turns out to be a non-issue.

Exactly. Hell, are their even shots of the T-800 in T2 with celebrity paparazzi flash? :lol

You can't even see that in hand. Mine looks fine. These cameras pick up so much stuff that turns out to be a non-issue.
i can corroborate that :)
those flash photos show a huge amount of details that absolutely are not seen in hand.
actually the eyes look very alive.
or maybe i just got used to them. they clearly drive you into a shock when you first see them, but later it becomes OK.

Blow dryer to heat it up then pop it off, theres also hot water but I don't like that way but it does work, however being theres metal screws I don't recommend the hot water trick.
Thank you. I ll try that in the morning..:1-1:

BTW while the figure may seem like its not photogenic in some shots due to the PERS he really looks good in-hand.. the gap being produced between the sockets and the eyes ain't even noticeable unlike in those shots
:)

Been taking a motherload of Pescadero pics, in the hundreds easily. I dread the process of going through them to pic the best ones to then post. And this is just the Pescadero corridor set, T-800 only. Haven't even started on the T-1000 or the elevator part of the scene.

Last edited:

Sorry about the bad pic guys, I was debating if I should post or not, I see now I should'nt have. I was messing around with pics in differnt lighting and to try and show the fine detail in the wrinkles around the eyes that is lost on almost every pic. Its there to see in person but most cameras don't pick it up.

I'm drunk so i can't really talk or have a debate about anything.
LOL

Do you like my signature? thanks to Devil666

A local shop was having a massive sale this month, saw the DX10 MISB that was being offered at PO price. Didn't get it. Few hours after I went to another shop where an actual DX10 figure was displayed. Price was already jacked up in this other store (even more so in other shops that already have it in-stock), but I was amazed at how great this figure turned out. Pics don't give it justice, and I must admit that along with its being not so photogenic I was blinded by all the naysayers of this figure. Seeing the actual figure I suddenly didn't get all the hate.

To cut the story short I went out of that shop fast, took my scooter from the parking lot, and in 20 minutes I was back in the first shop where I saw it for sale at PO price. Bought it. Went home. Futzed it. Displayed it.

I'm a happy man XD

I made the second custom head.

The eyes pushed it out more from the last time.
I made some squint tendencies.

Thank you!

P1000407b.png

P1000407.png

P1000419.png

https://ssuusshhii.blog.fc2.com/

NSFW!!

DX10 body on left - MMS136 body on right
bodiescomparison1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

bodiescomparison3.jpg

DX10 body IS less bulky, not quite as wide and less rounded in the man-t!ts region. Oddly DX10s neck is bulkier in profile but not as bulky in the front and back views.

Huge thanks for this :)

Man, that is a big difference. They're slight but I think they go a long way. Still too big for T2 Arnie I think but it's much closer and livable. Cheers for the pics a-dev.

edit: Actually, going back and looking at screen shots I think the body may be just right. It would be nice to see some side by side shots of the HT body and the T2's opening scene.

Last edited:

:clap:goodpost:

I still say the 117 looks more like him from T2. Dx10 looks like him from his younger earlier days as a roided out body builder.

I do like the increased arm articulation on the DX though.

:confused: Do you mean the reverse? :lol

I showed the figure to my brother and asked his opinion on the likeness. He said - looks like Arnie, bit too young looking though and the hair looks a bit too thick..though he acknowledged he wasn't sure how sculpted hair could be thinned out.

I don't disagree. However I think his looking too young could be as much to do with the new softness about recent HT sculpts. Theres simply no longer the same skin texture that there used to be. Unless theres a sculpted-on wrinkle the surface is smooth and I think thats whats making him look too young.

Yeah, I think that's definitely a factor.It's a pity that the new sculpt doesn't have all the detail and "skin technology" of the previous release.

3 weeks on and i still love this figure. Allthough while changing his pose up today i broke a wrist peg switching hands :(, so i just stuck with the shotgun up pose. I really dislike posing him with the minigun i don't know why it just looks awkward to me.

I broke two pegs on mine too. Im not usually one of those people that are always having trouble with pegs and breaking them all the time either.

The wrist pegs on this one and Luke are crazy tight. In fact I have yet to take the actual pegs out of Luke yet because the the hands just pop off leaving the peg inside and I've changed hands on him dozens of time by now.

don't like the space between the orbit and the eyes in this dx...

My God, I think you should just get this figure already. You seem to be complaining so much it seems like you're trying to deny yourself the figure. :thud:

My God, I think you should just get this figure already. You seem to be complaining so much it seems like you're trying to deny yourself the figure. :thud:

I have the dx head already.. so I can noticed that.. ;)
sushi has done an amazing improvement at this head , now is t2 arnold...

When I look at the MMs and the DX10 next to each other, I have to admit the DX10 is a great improvement over the MMS which I love, If the DX10 makes Arnold look too young at the time of T2, the MMS version actually makes him look older than he was at the time of the movie...I never noticed the flaws of the MMS until I got the DX10. Say what you want but the DX10 is a more accurate depiction of Arnold in the movie T2, I love this figure it is now (in my opinion) the greatest 1/6 figure ever made (I will more than likely change my mind when the DX13 is released), followed by the MMS version.....If you can afford it, you owe it to yourself to get this figure....I can't see you being disappointed. as far as I am concerned my DX10 head sculpt is fine just the way it is....

I am working on a couple of different versions of Dutch. I used the new dx t800 head and body with some of the Dutch gear and this is what I have so far, I still have to add some grenades and knifes.

DSCN0065_zps2df78807.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0064_zps9b35caff.jpg
[/IMG]

I like the head of MMS177, too.
MMS177 captures a characteristic of Schwarzenegger, too.
The head of this photograph adds sunglasses of DX10 to a head of MMS177.

P1000460.png

P1000471.png

The head of MMS177 did a custom before.
It is the second from the right.

13_20121128032316.png

I use the translation software.
I'm sorry if my English is incomprehensible.

https://ssuusshhii.blog.fc2.com/

I have the dx head already.. so I can noticed that.. ;)
sushi has done an amazing improvement at this head , now is t2 arnold...

Thank you very much!

Back