1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

It carried over from a thread in the General collectibles section where the sculpt was being criticised - thus the fresh wave of defending posts.

There's not much to defend - the sculpt is off. It's still a great figure. Is it a good DX? Personally I think no, especially on seeing DX13.

As for looks, trying to bag out the MMS owners because your years later more expensive figure is a little bit better is just stirring a hornets nest. Lets be honest, it's not miles better and ironically everyone bagging out the MMS probably has or had it. You don't need to justify purchases by putting other figures down, just work it out for yourself.

It's like the Pepsi challenge but your drinking from glasses that have both got Pepsi inside. :lol

Just enjoy the thing :wink1:

There's not much to defend - the sculpt is off. It's still a great figure. Is it a good DX? Personally I think no, especially on seeing DX13.

As for looks, trying to bag out the MMS owners because your years later more expensive figure is a little bit better is just stirring a hornets nest. Lets be honest, it's not miles better and ironically everyone bagging out the MMS probably has or had it. You don't need to justify purchases by putting other figures down, just work it out for yourself.

It's like the Pepsi challenge but your drinking from glasses that have both got Pepsi inside. :lol

Just enjoy the thing :wink1:

Don't look at me, they started it, them dirty MMS117 lovers. However your sentiment is correct, it really ought not matter who thinks what sculpt is better as long as each individual is enjoying what they have.

Having said that I will still be proceeding with comparison pics based off movie shots. Because its just something I want to do. I'll try not to comment and just let the pics do the talking.

Does anybody remember the TV show Spitting Image?

Ever since the comparison shots i cant get it out of my mind when i see the MMS

0000165543alpha.jpg

Having said that I will still be proceeding with comparison pics based off movie shots. Because its just something I want to do. I'll try not to comment and just let the pics do the talking.

I'll be interested to see. Not that I think it'll change my mind. I still think both sculpts are lacking and with the shades on you could find/manipulate a scene in the movie to represent each figure.

Personally I'm almost over 1/6 now that they seem to be getting churned out. I find the detail and presence of 1/4 much more appealing after having a think about the whole situation. Plus the $ value.

I still like looking at pics though.. :)

I never owned the MMS because I didn't like how it looked in the first place. I'm not out to put it down, it's the other people's wacky comments about the DX10 that are causing me to react. The debate continues and I don't see what the problem is with that. We are on a forum after all.

Liking this figure more and more.

2012-12-13_19-54-40_250.jpg

2012-12-13_19-47-24_322_zpsf91040f3.jpg

2012-12-13_19-47-59_296_zps86c6cf3f.jpg

I never owned the MMS because I didn't like how it looked in the first place. I'm not out to put it down, it's the other people's wacky comments about the DX10 that are causing me to react. The debate continues and I don't see what the problem is with that. We are on a forum after all.

Of course but neither figure is perfect. Not on the level of sculpt perfection on some of the other DX models.

I was just reacting to your statement saying
I'm still waiting for the MMS fans to post some comparisons to movie stills where Arnold looks even remotely similar

Like that hasn't been done a million times before this figure was even a fart in the wind. That figure is old and no matter what anyone say's, with the shades on it looks like Arnie from T2. Besides what does it even matter? It's not like DX10 is the pinnacle of Hot Toys sculpting. It's "pretty good" at best.

If your speaking specifically about with the shades off then yes obviously it's a no contest but again you'd be hard pressed to find anyone displaying him without the sunny's on. :)

If your speaking specifically about with the shades off then yes obviously it's a no contest but again you'd be hard pressed to find anyone displaying him without the sunny's on. :)

Ummm exqueeze me buuuut....

SAM_3104.jpg

SAM_3105.jpg

SAM_3108.jpg

:huh

Not the same setting or lighting conditions as the movie scene obviously but I don't know if I'd achieve that no matter what time of day I take pics at so.....

IMG_9748Small.jpg
t2_mq_081Small.jpg

IMG_9750Small.jpg
t2_mq_081Small.jpg

IMG_9748Small.jpg
IMG_9750Small.jpg

IMG_9747Small.jpg
IMG_9749Small.jpg

IMG_9751Mediumupload.jpg

Both figures have been futzed. Paperclips in both collars.

Last edited:

I had the original MMS, but didnt like it and bought a DX10 body and head loose. I put the MMS clothes on the DX body and think it is much better. Sold the old body and head, broke even on it all.

And I display the new head without shades. Its totally possible to make some goofy looking expressions if you dont use the PERS correctly, but if you do it right it looks better than the original. The original looks sickly or underfed.

Both figures have been futzed. Paperclips in both collars.

Again, neither really look like that although it's a bit of a weird photo.

I put the MMS clothes on the DX body and think it is much better.

That would be the way to go but only if you could be bothered , which I can't. Massive muck around unless you live in the US for a product thats marginally better (IMO).

Last edited:

Great shots a-dev and gipetto:hi5: you can really see that they pretty much nailled the likeness to a film acturate t2 arnold. People can say what they want about the dx10 but its the most acturate sculpt of arnold to date from that film, is it perfection......no, but damn close. Gipetto your shot inparticular are amazing, that looks so bada$$:thud:

Got my black tee.

IMG_2691_zps02e3c70d.jpg

IMG_2692_zps3babeb54.jpg

Not a great pic but I think the likeness looks ace here.

IMG_2657_zps97bc46fa.jpg

Like that hasn't been done a million times before this figure was even a fart in the wind. That figure is old and no matter what anyone say's, with the shades on it looks like Arnie from T2. Besides what does it even matter? It's not like DX10 is the pinnacle of Hot Toys sculpting. It's "pretty good" at best.

I disagree about the MMS. The jaw and mouth are so far off, I don't see Arnold with the sunglasses on. The one comparison pic I've seen didn't help the figure at all. Again, people keep saying that it looks more like Arnold. Here you are saying "no matter what anyone says," about the MMS with the sunglasses on. Post some comparisons to movie screens and show me. I'm interested to see what angles this figure looks like Arnie, especially since people keep telling me.

Some people will disagree just to disagree, or stand firm on a position just cause. Your pics a-dev clearly show the dx is way more acturate to the film than the mms, denieing that to me just seems weird after seeing those pics:dunno not saying people can't like the mms better but to say its more acturate than the dx is just:cuckoo:

Back