DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've cancelled because of what just 2 people are reporting? :slap

Yeah, I'm done. I don't care. I had two DX02s and both leaked. Not going through it again. I never really wanted this figure to begin with. The way I see it, where there's ember in a forest, there'll be fire. Pass.

I think with the amount of stuff coming out this year and the general state of the economy, HT needed to have a flawless figure to really push people over into getting this line.

I've fallen back behind the line

Mine too. :slap

I just noticed this other day. Thought it was weird/odd his neck was all of a sudden shiny. Thought it may have been the lighting. Stuck at work now but definitely going to check stat.

Dont own many boxed figures from HTs so what does this mean if there's oil? Deterioration?

Mine is a first batch from HK directly.

I have had it for about 2 months now.

I just removed the belt and there is absolutely no residue or oil anywhere to be seen.

I just noticed this other day. Thought it was weird/odd his neck was all of a sudden shiny. Thought it may have been the lighting. Stuck at work now but definitely going to check stat.

Dont own many boxed figures from HTs so what does this mean if there's oil? Deterioration?

post pictures

Update:
So I removed the belt earlier today and completely cleaned the area of oil, bad news boys, it's coming back without the belt. Some tiny dots havd begun to appear. I will check it in the morning and post some pics.

Not good.

How many have this problem so far? Add a poll or something.. If it's widespread then I'm cancelling my order.

I get oil on my non-rubber HT figures, granted it's on the hard plastic joints. Methinks they're using the same type of plastic for the rubber suits (diluted with something to give it that flexible, rubbery consistency) to save money, which is why you get leakages. The only option is to make the suit out of an entirely different material, but that'd boost costs up even more since it doesn't seem to be something they already have on-hand.

Update:
So I removed the belt earlier today and completely cleaned the area of oil, bad news boys, it's coming back without the belt. Some tiny dots havd begun to appear. I will check it in the morning and post some pics.

Not good.

That's horrible :(. I was really looking forward to Keaton Batman. I have the figure on pre-order with Sideshow and it's scheduled to arrive in several weeks. If I notice even a small speck of oil, I'll return both him and Joker and get a refund.

Fudge.. I think I'll even be done with Hot Toys, since the only lines I'm interested in are Batman and Metal Gear Solid. No use in continuing to collect Batman figures if they all suffer from oily issues :monkey4.

No this isn't new, been discussed to death in DX02 and comedian threads. The rubber itself breaks down chemically.

Well, in the time I had it, persistent oil leaking didn't do any damage to my DX02 save for perhaps slightly affecting the surface texture of the ab-plates. Yes, HT handled DX02 badly and its surprising in a bad way if they didn't tackle the issue for this release either but having said that...no way I'm cancelling.

Back