DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought HT was moving away from rubber anyway. I assumed that this suit was that PVC type material they use on the muscle body. I guess not?

hmmm.. maybe i'll wait and see, i think HT knows what they're doing..
Well, they didn't know what they were doing with DX-02 or the Comedian. I figured they would have learned from their mistakes.

I thought HT was moving away from rubber anyway. I assumed that this suit was that PVC type material they use on the muscle body. I guess not?

It really should've been. I don't see what's wrong with good ol' hard plastic, but if they were that bent on keeping the rubber element, they could've gone with their muscle body material too.

Two perfectly logical options that they have on-hand and they went instead with a guaranteed recipe for failure -- again. I'm just bummed. I really was gearing up to buy these guys, even in the midst of the year's Predator news (still waiting for more details on that :tap).

Yeah, I think everyone did. The rubber certainly feels different and has a nice, sturdy feel to it, along with the texture. I really thought Hot Toys came through with this one, sad really. Since I opened it last month I've literally had no problems. But still, all we have to do is look at Rory's pics and it's evident that there's oil going on.

Still don't understand why it's ALWAYS the midsection on these Batman figures? Why the abs and not the upper chest? Or the leggings? Other than the Comedian it's always the lower abs. Yeah could be the plastic interacting with the rubber, but if that's the case, why isn't the whole thing melting?

It can't be the belt coming into contact with it. I mean, look at the Toy Fair Begins Batman, he hasn't leaked? And he's post DX. Hot Toys should know and they should come out and tell people.

Still don't understand why it's ALWAYS the midsection on these Batman figures? Why the abs and not the upper chest? Or the leggings? Other than the Comedian it's always the lower abs. Yeah could be the plastic interacting with the rubber, but if that's the case, why isn't the whole thing melting?
I think its gotta have something to do with the interaction of chemicals in the rubber and plastic of that belt. But the rubber on the SDCC Batman may have been cured differently, or the belt might have been made from a different kind of plastic?

Just another reason why I'm going to wait for the Arkham City Batman...but hell...he'll probably suffer from the problem too.

Here's to hoping that I'm wrong. :duff

I think its gotta have something to do with the interaction of chemicals in the rubber and plastic of that belt. But the rubber on the SDCC Batman may have been cured differently, or the belt might have been made from a different kind of plastic?

But a different plastic from the DX 02 belt? They're virtually the same. It just doesn't make any sense. If these belts are indeed causing this to happen, wouldn't the True Type bodies, though a different type of plastic be just as problematic as well?

If it is the curing process well, Hot Toys must be pretty dumb. How do your first two Batman figures with rubber components come out fine, then you have one that leaks like a faucet, then, you put out another one that doesn't leak, but then you produce an entirely new figure and it leaks as well. They should be perfecting this process not going backwards.

Not to say that the SDCC/Toy Fairs Begins Batman rubber suit is great, by anymeans, it's not (____tiest feeling rubber suit to date) but it ain't a leaker.

I just don't know what else it could be. DX-02 also had issues where the rubber connected to his shoulder armor I believe. I don't remember any issues of oil under the suit, so I assumed that the plastic of the body was different than the plastic of the belt/shoulder armor, and one type reacted to the rubber in that way while the other didn't.

I just don't know what else it could be. DX-02 also had issues where the rubber connected to his shoulder armor I believe. I don't remember any issues of oil under the suit, so I assumed that the plastic of the body was different than the plastic of the belt/shoulder armor, and one type reacted to the rubber in that way while the other didn't.

Yeah, the bicep plate on the DX 02 leaked as well. Even mine from the 2nd DCD batch had this little drop on the left arm underneath that, fortunately, never showed up again.

It just doesn't make sense and it's frustrating that we don't get any answers. We shouldn't have to be their R&D team. I want to say it's the curing (which I definitely think was the problem with Comedian), but with these Batman figures? If it were a curing problem, the entire thing would be this disgusting mess. The arms, the leggings, everything. The entire suit is one piece so if it's curing, logic would tell you that the whole out fit would leak, yet it's always just certain parts. That leaves the plastic component, like the belts too. But people have stated that, even without the belts it's STILL leaking.

Perhaps it's the middle ab joint of the true type that's the culprit? True Types aren't necessarily composed of all the same plastic. In fact, I've had knees and legs that look and feel entirely different than other limbs.

I agree. From what i learned from my Comedian, just the contact between these two different types of materials causes the oil residue. I put in a small strip of duct tape to separate the materials. I'll do that with my keaton batman once it comes.

Just checked mine. No signs of leaking. Got it from HK when it first got released. I have another sealed from Toys2. Ill have to check on that one I suppose.

So just to recap, Rory is the only one so far with proven oil belly, correct?

Correct, he's the only one so far that has pics of the oil on the abs.

The Boot also stated that his had some residue,

For the record (though sans pictures); Mine was first batch. Had it for weeks now. Love it. That said...

There is, in fact, oil under the belt buckle. I've kept the paper underneath it the entire time (folding/scrunching it under a little in the appropriate areas so as not to show) but sure enough, in the regions where the belt rubber meets suit rubber? There's oil in them thar hills.

And then there was CollectorNC that reported a month ago that he had some residue on his,

Obviously NOT trying to scare anyone as most tend to freak out when leaking or oil is mentioned. But this was on one shoulder. Not a lot and it seemed to rub off or in and then was gone. Is this fairly normal with rubber 1/6th figures. This is my first.

View attachment 44331

So that's 4 figures so far from 3 collectors.

1. Rory (1st Batman
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC

Well, I had a spot on mine too, but I can't say one way or the other what it was, so :dunno

Heres my original post.

It was pretty small, smaller than in the shots Rory posted. Just a shiny spot, just slid my finger over it and it was gone. So, oil? No oil? :dunno

:dunno

I had the same deal with my DX 02's bicep. Under the bicep armor plate there was a small shiny spot that looked like a droplet, we're talking millimeters. Like you I slid my finger over it and it never returned. I still check it every once in awhile to see if it's anything but it hasn't shown any signs of leakage yet.

no oil on mine at all..............:lecture

that may or may not have anything to do with me not having it yet though........:dunno

Back