DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be batch 1 then, which apart from my oil issues looks better IMO.
:clap

Watch the waist!

The problem with that though is he received it from CSC, a retailer who JUST received their shipment. Jedster picked his up from CSC as well.

Logically one could assume that, considering CSC at the moment is the very latest retailer to get in this new batch (other than Sideshow), wouldn't it have to be the 2nd shipment? I don't know where you bought your second one from but the people that are just now getting theirs are definitely from the latest batch that is hitting the US as we speak.

I'm also getting a second one from CSC (like Marf and Jedster, got notification of shipment today). Looking forward to comparing the first batch that I bought from Sideshow last month to this newer one for this torso phenomenon.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's the deal. They sold them as a set at a certain rate, so I'm pretty sure I won't get Batman until Joker arrives in stock.

Isn't really a big deal to me. I was just wondering if I might get an even later run of the Batman.

i.e. "I couldn't give a damn about your Batman. Nolancompoop-4-life!" :exactly:

:rotfl

So just a select few got lucky enough to have the rare "leaking" Batman. That's gonna be worth a lot of money one day.

I'll let you guys know about mine when I get it around early June. :impatient:

oh no not this again

Do you mind? People are talking about the Medix figure in here :mad:

Oh, and jye4ever on ignore. :yess:

Last edited:
By the time I finally get mine, it's going to be Clayface. So far Sideshow has delayed processing my order on February 6th (priority given to those who ordered prior to 1/1/12), March 23rd, and now I'm slated to be charged April 2nd.

I'm pretty sure that's the deal. They sold them as a set at a certain rate, so I'm pretty sure I won't get Batman until Joker arrives in stock.

Isn't really a big deal to me. I was just wondering if I might get an even later run of the Batman.

To do that would require AE to get their Joker in the next couple weeks. I doubt any retailer will be getting Joker before the end of May. It's already been announced that Joker will also be a split shipment. So the 2nd batch for retailers will be about 6 weeks from when he actually arrives, or approximately May-ish. Then allow several weeks for the shipping back and forth.

If you don't mind waiting, then yes, you will have a Joker/Batman 2 pack.

The problem with that though is he received it from CSC, a retailer who JUST received their shipment. Jedster picked his up from CSC as well.

Logically one could assume that, considering CSC at the moment is the very latest retailer to get in this new batch (other than Sideshow), wouldn't it have to be the 2nd shipment? I don't know where you bought your second one from but the people that are just now getting theirs are definitely from the latest batch that is hitting the US as we speak.

I'm also getting a second one from CSC (like Marf and Jedster, got notification of shipment today). Looking forward to comparing the first batch that I bought from Sideshow last month to this newer one for this torso phenomenon.
Hmm.. Dunno, maybe this is completely random. I had a look down the neck of mine, he has a fabric quilted undersuit on. Maybe they changed this on later production models, or not, who knows. There are definitely 2 variants though. And I prefer the looser one.

Hmm.. Dunno, maybe this is completely random. I had a look down the neck of mine, he has a fabric quilted undersuit on. Maybe they changed this on later production models, or not, who knows. There are definitely 2 variants though. And I prefer the looser one.

Yeah, mine has that fabric too. Not sure if it's a shirt or what but it's definitely there. Now whether or not Marf or Jed or anyone else who just received the latest figures have this fabric remains to be seen. However he did describe the torso being exactly like our first versions, i.e. no hard full chest underneath.

There are bound to be anomalies here and there. When you have mass produced product I highly doubt any two figures will be identical. It'd be nice though.

I know the first thing I'm going to check for on my second version is whether or not it has oil and then this hollow chest vs. hard chest. If it's anything like your pics, I just want a second version of the one I currently own, my first version. If Marf is correct, that should be the one I'm getting since we ordered from the same retailer.

I think you can see the chest differences here:
1st Batch with "hollow" chest underneath rubber (much more accurate IMO):
DSC06955.jpg

And second batch with "hard full" chest underneath rubber (the belt tilts forward because of it):
DSC06954.jpg

To do that would require AE to get their Joker in the next couple weeks. I doubt any retailer will be getting Joker before the end of May. It's already been announced that Joker will also be a split shipment. So the 2nd batch for retailers will be about 6 weeks from when he actually arrives, or approximately May-ish. Then allow several weeks for the shipping back and forth.

If you don't mind waiting, then yes, you will have a Joker/Batman 2 pack.

I guess I'll be getting them in May then.

Well it didn't work. Rory said both of them leaked.

Which one in that in your infamous photo of the oil leakage Rory? Your first or second?

That's why there's more of the same faces every day and less new ones. The few new folks that start posting get pissed off shortly. Having fun is cool, but there needs to be a certain level of respect or there's only going to be same posters over and over.

I dunno dude, people rrode my ass for the first few weeks here and I'm stilling posting. You just gotta have a sense of humor and be able to laugh at your self

Nope.

While decent, the gaunlets molded to the arms ruin it for me. I say the stock 89 Bats is 2 notches better than a custom mash of 3 year old figures.

The figure is awesome but I never liked the molded gauntlets.

When all is said and done though, you gotta consider the price. You're looking at $450 for both figures (at MSRP, not current secondary market prices which will be considerably more), which you're essentially going to cut up into one, then another $100+ to paint the mouth on the Medi to HT standards and this isn't even counting the time needed for modification. That might be easy for you, but not for the average collector, or even the majority. It's not a cost effective option.

:lecture God is this true. I know because I looked into it. I said ____ it and just got a lforigno cape and I'mlooking into getting the mouth/eyes painted. The whole cutting up the DX torso, realigning the shoulder pads, taking out stuffing from the legs etc. is really unneeded in my opinion.

Man I might just cancel the PO for this Batman and the Joker as well...no deposit refunded:slap

Last edited:
Cancelled!!!! This SAME old issue at these new inflated prices shouldn't be a concern for anyone at all period! They've had plenty of time to execute production properly. And now it's only a matter of time before we see the same thing affect TDKR version as well. This is hands down unacceptable:mad:

Now I've gotta ask myself, should I cancel the Burton Batmobile too?? Does one without the other make sense? I'd say not really.

Cancelled!!!! This SAME old issue at these new inflated prices shouldn't be a concern for anyone at all period! They've had plenty of time to execute production properly. And now it's only a matter of time before we see the same thing affect TDKR version as well. This is hands down unacceptable:mad:

Now I've gotta ask myself, should I cancel the Burton Batmobile too?? Does one without the other make sense? I'd say not really.

Yeah I asked myself the same thing:gah:

Why are people being such titty sucks over this?, its just the seal behind the belt causing this minor issue no?.

Back