DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tdk-batman.png

medix-belt2.png

Yupp

That looks amazing :clap, where can I get one like that today?

Maulfan, Michael Crawford and OMG all confirmed that, as of now, their figures aren't leaking.

I know Crawford and OMG were pretty much the first ones to have this figure in early January.

So just a select few got lucky enough to have the rare "leaking" Batman. That's gonna be worth a lot of money one day.

I checked my Keaton Batman and he isn't leaking anything.
Could it be the way they're being displayed?
Mine isn't in a case or cabinet,it's in the open on a shelf.

Nope.

While decent, the gaunlets molded to the arms ruin it for me. I say the stock 89 Bats is 2 notches better than a custom mash of 3 year old figures.

Yeah would've been even better with seperate gauntlets but overall the impact for me (and clearly a few others agree) is at least par

This is what HT has to beat with their TDKR figure, not sure their up to the task given their obsession with $$$ over quality

This is what HT has to beat with their TDKR figure, not sure their up to the task given their obsession with $$$ over quality

When all is said and done though, you gotta consider the price. You're looking at $450 for both figures (at MSRP, not current secondary market prices which will be considerably more), which you're essentially going to cut up into one, then another $100+ to paint the mouth on the Medi to HT standards and this isn't even counting the time needed for modification. That might be easy for you, but not for the average collector, or even the majority. It's not a cost effective option.

Just to chime in, I got mine in mid February and I just checked him today... no leak or oil.

M.

Indeed.

DiFabio has added him BTW.

I'll repost his list here:

So far 6 figures from 5 collectors have experienced oil secretions,

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)
6. schokolade

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

20 collectors have checked and claimed to have not had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi
10. Cocoboloboy
11. Karnis
12. preeny101
13. mikericm
14. Natrix
15. Guyver (If anyone had oil I thought for sure it would be this guy)
16. tommyh84
17. cr0w
18. T-?
19. Mr. EcKo
20. DGTWoodward

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

You can add me to the list of "No jizz on my 89 bats":wave

I had the 2nd batch DX2 which leaked so I know what a pain in the ass this is if it's the exact same leak again. Thankfully I don't have any sort of residue on my DX9.

Just picked mine up. No paint rubs or oil, and mine looks to be from the batch with the "hollow" torso. I'm able to push the suit in, and there's no bulk making him look bloated or pushing the belt forward. Happy collector here.

Still going to coat the back of the belt with Dulcote when I get home.

That would be batch 1 then, which apart from my oil issues looks better IMO.
:clap

Watch the waist!

Maybe just the people who have the oil issue should chime in?
Again I'm just relating this back to the DX02 thread, the exact same thing happened there. We don't want 40 pages of "mine is oil free".
I hope all the figures remain oil free, I have extra bodies ordered. But none of us will know for a while. So let's just watch and report?

With the DX and Comedian, both threads were at first flooded with "mines fine" posts... Later came the running and screaming...

Back