DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow....just saw this and I'm stunned.
I can't believe they're going down this path again!

And as others have said, this has the potential to really cost them.
How many people are now going to reconsider the Returns figure which is potentially coming in 1/6 AND 1/4 scales....and of course the Batmobile itself.

Who said it was 2 people?

I thought we were up to 6 or more.

Well there were only 2 people Friday night, since then though this thread has grown 40+ pages and I refuse to read through the whole thread as I'm sure almost every reply is much of a muchness :slap

Number is certainly low it seems at this point but as has been said many many times already, with the DX02, the problem showed up anywhere from day 1 to day 365+ from when folks got their figures in hand. So being problem free today doesn't necessarily mean anything if this is the same issue happening again.

Okay, just so we can summarize:

6 counts of oil leakage problems
possible culprit is due to the adhesive on the belt

is that correct? questions I have are:

1) is the suit is confirmed to be made of the same rubber on DX02?
2) is the oil only coming from under the belt?

I was ready to get this, joker, and the whole batman returns line, but if the central character is just going to degrade, I don't think I'm get any of them. I don't have any rubber figures, but I look at the analog sticks on my PS3 controllers which I haven't touched in 6 months, and they have become sticky and leaky. I can imagine Batman five years from now.

Okay, just so we can summarize:

6 counts of oil leakage problems
possible culprit is due to the adhesive on the belt

is that correct? questions I have are:

1) is the suit is confirmed to be made of the same rubber on DX02?
2) is the oil only coming from under the belt?

I was ready to get this, joker, and the whole batman returns line, but if the central character is just going to degrade, I don't think I'm get any of them. I don't have any rubber figures, but I look at the analog sticks on my PS3 controllers which I haven't touched in 6 months, and they have become sticky and leaky. I can imagine Batman five years from now.

1. No
2. Yes

6 people reporting "oil" or some kind of wet spot/residue.

0 people reporting damage.

17,571 people crapping their pants and canceling orders (that they would probably keep if this was a Nolanverse figure :lol).

One thing to note is that not all HT figures have this problem, but several have. Most notably is the DX02, the Comedian, and some years back, ED-209. Some Alien figures had problems with paint peeling on rubber exteriors.

I've had Hellboy for about 3 years or so, and it's fine. King whats-his-face from "300" and Sarah Conner (with rubber arm coverings) are OK as well.

Most of the complaints on HT FB page have been based on Rorywans' pics here at SSF...no doubt they are well aware of his issue.

Rory, if you are still reading this thread, I would strongly suggest you contact their CS about replacements.

17,571 people crapping their pants and canceling orders (that they would probably keep if this was a Nolanverse figure :lol).

Yeah it's really funny getting a $250 figure that may be compromised :cuckoo:

After 30 days you have a Ice Cube's chance in hell of getting any replacement / refund, and the issue may well show up well after the 30 days have passed.

I think you need to take some lessons in logic :dunno

Good Summary :lecture

I'll probably just cut a thin strip of foam and glue it to the belt to prevent contact between the belt and the suit. Then hopefully it won't leak anywhere else.

Another solution would be to try to find an old 12" doll of Batman and switch out the belts. That may take a while though.

Many hundreds of people must have bought this figure, and not just the 70ish people commenting on this thread.

Are they all as clued-up or in the know as the people on these boards?

Do they have the experience of the people on these boards?

Would most of them even know about dedicated 1/6th scale figure forum pages?

Would they then benefit from some support?

Yes of course they would, I know because I am one of them. My post count shows that I am a noob and I have found it invaluable as my DX09 arrives the day after tomorrow (our time).

So,

https://www.facebook.com/#!/hottoyscommunity?sk=wall&filter=1

It's a start. HT cannot be allowed to do this a third time.

One thing to note is that not all HT figures have this problem, but several have. Most notably is the DX02, the Comedian, and some years back, ED-209. Some Alien figures had problems with paint peeling on rubber exteriors.

I've had Hellboy for about 3 years or so, and it's fine. King whats-his-face from "300" and Sarah Conner (with rubber arm coverings) are OK as well.

Most of the complaints on HT FB page have been based on Rorywans' pics here at SSF...no doubt they are well aware of his issue.

Rory, if you are still reading this thread, I would strongly suggest you contact their CS about replacements.

Don't forget the infamous fading red rubber underwear on the Ironman figures.

He's certainly created one hell of a ____ storm :thud:

Not really fair. Rorywan himself has done nothing but post pics. The issue with his figure...combined with past issues with the aforementioned products....have left a bad taste in the mouths in many of HT's customers, and are understandably wary that this might be happening all over again.

As intothevoid has posted, if you went thru the whole DX02 debacle, as many forum members (including myself) did, you're left with a disturbing sense of deja vu at this point. Hopefully, it's a case of a very small percentage of figures affected, but given the nature of how it can manifest... rather quickly, over of the course of weeks/months, many members are understandably sensitive about the whole thing.

Number is certainly low it seems at this point but as has been said many many times already, with the DX02, the problem showed up anywhere from day 1 to day 365+ from when folks got their figures in hand. So being problem free today doesn't necessarily mean anything if this is the same issue happening again.

Keep in mind many people like myself haven't gotten their figs yet

This is sooo true

Yeah it's really funny getting a $250 figure that may be compromised :cuckoo:

After 30 days you have a Ice Cube's chance in hell of getting any replacement / refund, and the issue may well show up well after the 30 days have passed.

I think you need to take some lessons in logic :dunno

The rapper?:dunno:lol

Back