DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the release of liquid plasticizers (ie 'oil') occurs only once the pvc suit comes into contact with the belt, and that's the issue with this figure, won't a decent remedy be to place a third, protective material in between the suit and belt?

If the release of liquid plasticizers (ie 'oil') occurs only once the pvc suit comes into contact with the belt, and that's the issue with this figure, won't a decent remedy be to place a third, protective material in between the suit and belt?

Yeah, makes you wonder whether that's what HT attempted to do by putting the black thingy in between. So it's possible they've been aware this could happen from the start :monkey1

Extend that logic further and it's possible they thought hey rather than research/develop a different material than the DX02, let's just use the same thing and just put a protective layer in between the belt and suit.

Just sayin'

That's exactly what the problem could be too. I used plastic grocery bags to wrap a bunch of 6'' plastic figures in for storage. Removed them a year later and they were all covered in an oily residue. It wiped off and they were just fine but I can't imagine what it would do long term.

So far 5 figures from 4 collectors have experienced oil secretions,

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

13 collectors have checked and claimed to have not had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi
10. Cocoboloboy
11. Karnis
12. preeny101
13. mikericm

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

Last edited:

1. Rory (1st Batman0
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

8 collectors have claimed to have not have had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar

Make that 9 :wave

1. Rory (1st Batman0
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

8 collectors have claimed to have not have had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

What do you have a DX09 abdominal leak checklist?:lol

What do you have a DX09 abdominal leak checklist?:lol

Yep. Could come in handy. I started as soon as people started asking how many people had it so far.

The old DX 02 thread had a poll that displayed usernames, I figure this would be beneficial, especially if things get worse and we need a petition.

Not time consuming yet. I just search "mine", "oil" and leak and got the names I did.

Mines not leaking but, i don't really give a ____ too much..i'll figure out what to do if/when the time comes.

You won't see me river over this figure unless its not the belt causing the problem and the figure breaks down in less then a year.

You know with all this talk about the oil issue I went over to my DX02 today to check again and still dry as a whistle. However I noticed something that I didn't before. Right where the chest plate ends near the belt area I can see a thin clear plastic sheet in between the armor and the body. I wonder if this is how HT fixed the issue the first time. If so, then I would say that the backing they put on the belt is definitely there for the same reason.

Ths whole thread is making me sick. I have both Batman and the Joker pre-ordered from Alter Ego, and now I don't know if I should cancel or not. I am a big Keaton bats fan and have really been lookinf forward to these figures as well as the Returns figures, but I fear the leaky rubber. I didn't buy any of the nolan Bats figures for that very reason, and now this???

then again...

The plastic insert proved with it's failure to fix the issue, that it wasn't a chemical reaction, but the actual suit that was breaking down. With it not being cured correctly, all that pressure is looking for the least "squeezed" part of the suit to secrete the oils. :huh

polls_big_breasts2_0125_695258_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Are those double F's or G's? Just wondering...not important but, where does she live?

BB

Back