DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, I agree, good post Nam. Jesus, what's next? Dog's and Cats sleeping together?:lol
:hi5:

0381-1.jpg

I now understand why these figures are investments. Once the oil wells have ran out we can always squeeze our figures. Money well spent.

Not trying to start a fight but I really think it has been blow out of proportion. I've had mine like I've said since the first of Feb and have no issues. I did have the DX02 as you can see from the bottom pic and it leaked from day one. Unless they decided to change the rubber from one release to the other. If i'm mistaken didn't someone say before that they do put some type of oil on the body to put the suit on that could be the problem. :

Soooo you had a DX02 that leaked from day one and you think that the DX09 leaking problem is being blown out of proportion. Im confused.

I have a good friend who is an engineer for Stanley/Dewalt. He is going to ask a co-worker tomorrow who is a chemical engineer what the scientific reasons for this happening are.

Looking forward to some insight

Not trying to start a fight but I really think it has been blow out of proportion. I've had mine like I've said since the first of Feb and have no issues. I did have the DX02 as you can see from the bottom pic and it leaked from day one. Unless they decided to change the rubber from one release to the other. If i'm mistaken didn't someone say before that they do put some type of oil on the body to put the suit on that could be the problem. :dunno

From what we've seen with the DX02, your figure can leak anywhere from right straight out of the box to a year or more down the line. So the idea that you've owned him since the first of February, doesn't really mean much. Additionally, the lubricant they use to slip the suit on the body is also irrelevant to this issue. If that were the case, as we've also seen with the DX02, a surplus of oil would be pooling in the boots, not the waist. :huh

From what we've seen with the DX02, your figure can leak anywhere from right straight out of the box to a year or more down the line. So the idea that you've owned him since the first of February, doesn't really mean much. Additionally, the lubricant they use to slip the suit on the body is also irrelevant to this issue. If that were the case, as we've also seen with the DX02, a surplus of oil would be pooling in the boots, not the waist. :huh

Good argument. I didn't think of that. Just face it people, Batman is ____ed. :lol

Man, this seriously puts a damper on my excitement for this figure. This and Joker were supposed to be the pinnacle of my collection. These two and if they ever got around to making a BD T1(with proper likeness) and T2 T-800 were really it for me. After those I'd probably get a figure once in a blue moon. What the ____ HT? Should have just went the Medi route and used vinyl. My TDK figure looks great. ____ you Hot Toys. I say we flood their FB page.

Man, this seriously puts a damper on my excitement for this figure. This and Joker were supposed to be the pinnacle of my collection. These two and if they ever got around to making a BD T1(with proper likeness) and T2 T-800 were really it for me. After those I'd probably get a figure once in a blue moon. What the ____ HT? Should have just went the Medi route and used vinyl. My TDK figure looks great. ____ you Hot Toys. I say we flood their FB page.

Try not to let it. Mine is fine for now. And although this sucks in a major way, hopefully all will be well in the end. Maybe unlike DX02, this will be isolated. :pray:

i agree with you, how could hot toys do this aagainnnn lol but i havent seen any flooding on their facebook page yet

Who do ya love?? Me? I'm giving away free money...and where the Bat? He's home!!...washing the oil off of his tights!

They [Hot Toys] need to know that this is occuring... again!
I don't have this figure so my emails to them don't have much weight, especially if they ask for pictures.

I would highly recommend anyone who's having this issue contact them.

Last edited:
They [Hot Toys] need to know that this is occuring... again!
I don't have this figure so my emails to them don't have much weight.

I would highlly recommend anyone who's having this issue contact them.

They won't respond. I mailed them twice about my Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins 2011 figure's ******* t y rubber suit quality and they ignored me. Funny thing is that those mails were the only ones they never responded to...

Back