Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep thinking about getting the Neca P2 just to practice repainting it but they do look very plasticy, and I really don't like visible joints.

I felt the same way about the NECAs, I had a lot of them and ended up selling them all. Like the look, but just could not get over the plastic feel and joints.

Haha! And I was just thinking when I saw this thread on the first page, "maybe its time for me to buy the Dutch now" :p

yea i missed out when it first came out and since then I've browsed now and again on ebay for the EX but I always hate the idea of spending 500 on a 350 dollar piece when there's new stuff coming out all the time I can get for 'fair' value.

SS totally nailed this Dutch, great likeness to Schwarzenegger. I like the EX cigar, just makes him look a bit more bad a$$. Although I don't recall him having a cigar in the film but Schwarzenegger was well known for enjoying the odd cigar so I think it works overall

Still my favorite Human PF that I own! I don't use that Cigar though.

I have the HCG Dutch Machete

predator-knife-stwpl.jpg

but now I am building Dutch's rifle in Airsoft to go with it.
Something like this:
AEG_GG_EVKM16VN203_lg.jpg

SS totally nailed this Dutch, great likeness to Schwarzenegger. I like the EX cigar, just makes him look a bit more bad a$$. Although I don't recall him having a cigar in the film but Schwarzenegger was well known for enjoying the odd cigar so I think it works overall
Dutch loves a stogie just not while tracking/stalking the enemy/prey.

The first time we see him, just before he gets out of the helicopter at the beginning of the film, he lights up a stogie.

Okay, for those of you who must have only seen the movie once before buying this fine statue. He lights up the stogie again after wiping out the guerrilla camp, while arguing with Dillon about what to do with Anna. Look for the moment when he says the line 'Hey Billy, give me a way out of this hole.' Pretty much there's your ex version statue.

C'mon guys. You're supposed to be true Predator fans. :gah:

Okay, for those of you who must have only seen the movie once before buying this fine statue. He lights up the stogie again after wiping out the guerrilla camp, while arguing with Dillon about what to do with Anna. Look for the moment when he says the line 'Hey Billy, give me a way out of this hole.' Pretty much there's your ex version statue.

C'mon guys. You're supposed to be true Predator fans. :gah:

I don't think anyone is saying it did not happen. He just never lit up when he was moving like the statue portrays. It is an aggressive pose and would not be conducive to having a stogie while on alert or out sweeping and clearing, at least not realistically(even for a sci-fi movie). It has cool factor no doubt, I don't think anyone is denying that. Just not necessary or distinctive enough to pay a premium for it.

Looks to me like a few people did not realize the appearance of a cigar at all actually. That's why I pointed it out. And I don't think I own one statue where the pose represents an exact frame from the film. I wouldn't pay more for the cigar head either I'm just sayin' if you ordered directly from Sideshow when both versions of the statue were in stock then why not get the cigar head? It's the same price either way, no?

I highly doubt anyone bypassed the Ex for a Reg.

I bought the Ex, sold it and picked up a Reg for around £90 less, 1/3ish.
Cigar Portrait would of never left the box.

Looks to me like a few people did not realize the appearance of a cigar at all actually. That's why I pointed it out. And I don't think I own one statue where the pose represents an exact frame from the film. I wouldn't pay more for the cigar head either I'm just sayin' if you ordered directly from Sideshow when both versions of the statue were in stock then why not get the cigar head? It's the same price either way, no?

True, but why would you ever NOT get the EX, even if it sucked if it was the same price. I don't mean it was an exact "movie" pose. I just meant how he was posed it would not be likely for him to be lit up. The movie just goes along with that as it only happens when there it nothing going on or action is over.

It is a shame they did not change the head more, had they done a different expression that I think it would have been a more sought after EX.

Back