Dune (2020) by Dennis Villeneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trailer for this is very good. It doesn't give away too much but still shows the vast amount of the characters in the movie. I am looking forward to it. I do like the Lynch version but hopefully this will be a little more faithful to the book.

To be fair to Villeneuve this is not his material so the pay off already exists he just has to translate it to a visual format which we all know when it comes to Dune is near impossible.

To be fair to Villeneuve this is not his material so the pay off already exists he just has to translate it to a visual format which we all know when it comes to Dune is near impossible.

Well that has been the case in the past, but maybe now with today's ability to seamlessly include CGI elements in practical settings we'll finally see a movie do it justice. Or not lol...

Well that has been the case in the past, but maybe now with today's ability to seamlessly include CGI elements in practical settings we'll finally see a movie do it justice. Or not lol...

I was just thinking about that after watching the trailer. The CG looks incredible. What a time to be alive, when untranslatable novels can now be shown realistically on the silver screen.

Umm guys Jurassic Park already had perfect cgi in 1993 and a TV show called Mandalorian had a perfect sandworm last year…a TV show lol

Yes Dune looks good it should for the money involved but I don’t see it being any more mind blowing than the Mando worm.

Umm guys Jurassic Park already had perfect cgi in 1993 and a TV show called Mandalorian had a perfect sandworm last year…a TV show lol

Yes Dune looks good it should for the money involved but I don’t see it being any more mind blowing than the Mando worm.
Except for maybe the scale, as the Dune sandworms dwarf the one in The Mandalorian.

Next to Tarantino, Villeneuve is my favorite current filmmaker (the Coens and Cronenberg are too hit-and-miss nowadays). I will see anything he makes, but sci-fi/action is one of my favorite genres, so that makes me even more hyped for it.

I wasn't referring to any calendar year in particular so much as the era. And not all CG is created equal, as we well know. I'll have to revisit Jurassic Park because I remember it being seamless, but not sure if I wouldn't "see" the CG today.

I remember being very impressed when the Reaper vampires in Blade II showed their three-way jaws ... *that* was really impressive even in 2002.

I wasn't referring to any calendar year in particular so much as the era. And not all CG is created equal, as we well know. I'll have to revisit Jurassic Park because I remember it being seamless, but not sure if I wouldn't "see" the CG today.

I remember being very impressed when the Reaper vampires in Blade II showed their three-way jaws ... *that* was really impressive even in 2002.
Still to this day the scariest vampire ever put on film and my favorite with black and white Nosferatu coming in 2nd.

Cgi was indeed very good in Blade 2.

Last edited:
Back