Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

I would have bought this IF we weren't saving like mad people to buy a home. Ah well.

Even if they were severely limited in number at these prices they will never go up exponentially like some of the cheaper pieces. There's a certain price level that people just won't pay past for these items.

I agree with that. Even once these are eventually sold out, I can't see these ever reaching past the $3k threshold. I believe only the Predator maquette and Aliens bust are the only SS pieces to consistantly reach those numbers and those super rare, and will prolly never be matched. The CM Pred didn't even drop the value of the SS version. With comic characters, there are just so many variant costumes, and so many companies doing those characters, and re doing them. People just don't have room to have more then 1 of these, except for the obvious rich people.

These LSFs seem destined to fail IMHO. My big fear is that they'll be awesome poses wasted in this format that SSC won't revisit in other sizes.

Even if they were severely limited in number at these prices they will never go up exponentially like some of the cheaper pieces. There's a certain price level that people just won't pay past for these items.

Agrees with his cousin....

These LSFs seem destined to fail IMHO. My big fear is that they'll be awesome poses wasted in this format that SSC won't revisit in other sizes.

That really sux if it happens... The 1:4 scale PFs are the most popular products ever offered by SSC. I hope to see a new Dr. Doom at that scale from them..

Don't know how awesome a pose can when they all seem to be in museum poses.

Agree.
However if your in it for the investing, don't buy statues of the LSF line.
Buy them cause there is nothing like a big bad statue of your hero, and make the 1/4 look like little toys no matter how detailed they are.

LSF is here to stay and will do just fine

Last edited:

Don't need to rush and buy,this will be "unlimited edition'

Edition sizes put an open edition piece at the bottom of a collector's cue in favor of other pieces that might sell out soon. I don't care if it's a super secret limited production run that only Sideshow knows. Most people hesitate because nobody likes to make a bad investment. This assumes that a collector has a set budget for this hobby. Those of you with the means to buy whatever and whenever you want because you love a given character are the exception.

Selling old pieces that hold their value or increase in value is a huge part of the hobby no matter how much grail talk there is. Hype a piece as grail or whatever through forum discussion and it increases their value. All part of the game.

I agree with Dave that once you get past a certain price people just say "F" it and wait for something else to come along that's cheaper and hence a better "value". I doubt many collectors have the commitment to use their one year collecting budget on one LSF. Not even with flex pay. No matter who the character is. Even less so for an open edition piece. Part of the high many get from the hobby is coming here and discussing the 6-7 PFs per year they get. One item will not get them that much joy no matter how awesome it is.

detail.jpg

Edition sizes put an open edition piece at the bottom of a collector's cue in favor of other pieces that might sell out soon. I don't care if it's a super secret limited production run that only Sideshow knows. Most people hesitate because nobody likes to make a bad investment. This assumes that a collector has a set budget for this hobby. Those of you with the means to buy whatever and whenever you want because you love a given character are the exception.

Selling old pieces that hold their value or increase in value is a huge part of the hobby no matter how much grail talk there is. Hype a piece as grail or whatever through forum discussion and it increases their value. All part of the game.

I agree with Dave that once you get past a certain price people just say "F" it and wait for something else to come along that's cheaper and hence a better "value". I doubt many collectors have the commitment to use their one year collecting budget on one LSF. Not even with flex pay. No matter who the character is. Even less so for an open edition piece. Part of the high many get from the hobby is coming here and discussing the 6-7 PFs per year they get. One item will not get them that much joy no matter how awesome it is.
Some really good points there, SLF. In the end it's a really personal thing, I guess. If my circumstances changed and I could justify dropping two grand on a LSF I know for myself I wouldn't be thinking of the secondary market (assuming I found it to be definitive).

Really like those gaunlets and kinda like what they're doing with the 'old school' mask, except I don't care for the brow. Looks a little too much like this: :mad: for my tastes. That secondary mask with the nice detailing on the sides is very cool, though. This will end-up being out of my price range, regardless of how long the edition runs, but it's still a lot of fun watching something like this in development.

Looks great
Surely, he will be in with the rest of the 1:2. No its not the price range I worry about, its where he would fit in as he is a Villain and not a hero!

Looks like SS is giving us the buyers options.

I can't afford this line and even if I could I wouldn't purchase for over 1K. There are more important things I want for that much money

Some really good points there, SLF. In the end it's a really personal thing, I guess. If my circumstances changed and I could justify dropping two grand on a LSF I know for myself I wouldn't be thinking of the secondary market (assuming I found it to be definitive).

Really like those gaunlets and kinda like what they're doing with the 'old school' mask, except I don't care for the brow. Looks a little too much like this: :mad: for my tastes. That secondary mask with the nice detailing on the sides is very cool, though. This will end-up being out of my price range, regardless of how long the edition runs, but it's still a lot of fun watching something like this in development.

Very well said. It is always exciting to see a nice project under development at Sideshow Collectibles! :hi5: I can't afford the LSF either, so let's hope they will make a 1:4 scale PF for Doom next :clap

Back