Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy glue that thing. Permanent fix

Original fix for the magnets popping out on mine (from the head sculpt), SSC sent me a small container of epoxy and told me to glue it back myself..true story. And then the arm fell off and they had to send a new arm, so my LSF had multiple defective magnets despite my package having a piece of paper that SSC proudly wrote which stated that this product went through their vigorous QC testing lol.

And the only reason I put up with all of that and the price was because I honestly believed the statue looked too amazing to pass on and I don't think I'll ever see a statue this good in a very very long time (in my opinion).

Original fix for the magnets popping out on mine (from the head sculpt), SSC sent me a small container of epoxy and told me to glue it back myself..true story. And then the arm fell off and they had to send a new arm, so my LSF had multiple defective magnets despite my package having a piece of paper that SSC proudly wrote which stated that this product went through their vigorous QC testing lol.

And the only reason I put up with all of that and the price was because I honestly believed the statue looked too amazing to pass on and I don't think I'll ever see a statue this good in a very very long time (in my opinion).

Still the best looking Doom statue I've ever seen.

I have a chance to get this piece for $1800 Is it worth it? Or a QC nightmare that I might as well super glue on the limbs on? How is everyone's holding up?

My Doom is still in one piece! Granted I'm extremely careful with it and built a wooden box specifically for the one statue and it's located in my office which is off limits to almost everyone in the house yet I am still very paranoid about it falling apart at the slightest vibrations of any sort (ie. someone walking by it too heavily).

$1800 sounds like a solid price which is actually lower than what it originally came out at which is kind of weird and potentially concerning? I feel like I've seen one listed on ebay before that was missing an arm or they were just selling the one arm by itself (I guess a lot of people had arms falling off)..

My Doom is still in one piece! Granted I'm extremely careful with it and built a wooden box specifically for the one statue and it's located in my office which is off limits to almost everyone in the house yet I am still very paranoid about it falling apart at the slightest vibrations of any sort (ie. someone walking by it too heavily).

$1800 sounds like a solid price which is actually lower than what it originally came out at which is kind of weird and potentially concerning? I feel like I've seen one listed on ebay before that was missing an arm or they were just selling the one arm by itself (I guess a lot of people had arms falling off)..

Do the magnets feel weak? Do you test them? Are they just lose? Have you taken any precautions?
It's a local store. I've seen it so I know it's legit

Do the magnets feel weak? Do you test them? Are they just lose? Have you taken any precautions?
It's a local store. I've seen it so I know it's legit

I tested them a lot when I first got the statue (ie. after having to epoxy the magnet on the head myself and having a replacement arm sent from Sideshow due to the previous one being too weak resulting in a shattered arm all over my floor). But that was 3 years ago, I haven't had any issues since and I haven't touched that statue since (probably a mental thing on my end since I'm afraid to).

In general I feel SSC is very 50/50 when it come to QC and at least at the time I could get that replacement arm whereas now if that happened and I didn't buy it directly from SCC I'd probably be stuck with a one armed Dr. Doom. As I mentioned in my earlier post a while ago they sent the original Dr. Doom with a SSC signed QC letter that noted they went through a major stress test to ensure the QC is top notch and that meant falling off heads and arms apparently lol.

I just got this piece for an amazing price. I have popped most of the magnets off with ease; some came out on their own. I plan to Epoxy them back on. But for the magnets that have not come out (left arm and torso magnets) how would you recommend securing them. I seen hear museum putty, but that failed over time. Should I just layer and epoxy around every magnet edge? Im half considering drilling pegs or just gluing the whole thing. I really want to reinforce everything after how easy it was to pop these magnets off

I just got this piece for an amazing price. I have popped most of the magnets off with ease; some came out on their own. I plan to Epoxy them back on. But for the magnets that have not come out (left arm and torso magnets) how would you recommend securing them. I seen hear museum putty, but that failed over time. Should I just layer and epoxy around every magnet edge? Im half considering drilling pegs or just gluing the whole thing. I really want to reinforce everything after how easy it was to pop these magnets off

How much if you don't mind me asking?

Back