Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

If ever there was an LSF I would buy, it would be Doom (despite my primary interest being Star Wars). Sadly, now is not the right time but I'm still really looking forward to what they'll come up with and eventually to in-hand pics. The scale is just perfect for him, I think.

If its revealed at Comic Con then i dont think anyone will buy Dr. Doom PF for that Evilbay price ....this LSF sure going to be less than that

thats why i dont buy even must have ones at Evilbay price ....SS will sure make something again for that character it might be better with different pose.... so its all abt patience :)

This won't effect the doom PF
Not many have space for it and is ES
Which should be changed, hence the words sideshow collectibles
It's not a collectible if is open ES

I could never agree with that line of thinking, he's collectible if he looks cool, he just won't raise in value as much.

IF is a open ES it wont raise in value at all. for example i have the 1/2
iron man if i ever wanted to sell that piece it would be at a loss, since he's available to order at any time cause its open edition :gah:

1/2,1/3...1/1 bah .....

Nothing cant beat this jewel :rock

059-1.jpg

If i have enough money i buy this lsf,and a Ferrari or dinner with beyonce,

1/4 Scale is the winner scale for a lot of reasons,bigger dosnt means better

IF is a open ES it wont raise in value at all. for example i have the 1/2
iron man if i ever wanted to sell that piece it would be at a loss, since he's available to order at any time cause its open edition :gah:

There's not that many pieces -- like the Doom PF above -- that are definitive versions of a character that will rise in price on the secondary market and maintain it. For the vast majority of the stuff we buy, Sideshow or Hot Toys will release a better version eventually and the original will decline precipitously in value.

Also, if you had to sell your IM LSF you'd probably only lose $300.00 or so if you were patient. There's just not a huge market for $2000.00 statues and if someone can save a few bucks by buying yours as opposed to buying new from Sideshow, I'm willing to bet you'd get a buyer.

Anyway, it's all relative. I just bought my wife Sony's new NEX-7 camera for her birthday because photography is her hobby and it's the best camera available for its size ($1,400.00). It won't go up in value and doesn't have an edition size. For Christmas we're going to try and get the zoom lens she wants ($2,000.00). Basically every year that camera's going to do nothing but cost more money in additional lenses/accessories and no way will we recoup it all if we 'get into a jam' and have to sell it. :p

Same with computers or LED televisions. We buy that stuff and their value will eventually be zero, so why are people upset when this sort of stuff loses 10 or 20%? I totally don't understand this line of thinking when it comes to collectibles. People treat these things like it's some form of insurance if they fall on hard times or maybe rationalize spending this kind of money on them by thinking of it as an investment? Personally, and this is nothing against you at all -- just this general argument -- but no-one who is in a precarious situation (i.e., may "need" to sell) should be dropping $2,000.00+ on statues of comicbook or Star Wars characters. That's just ludicrous. Like Josh-A-Tron says, buy it because you love the rendition of the character and forget about secondary market value.

There's not that many pieces -- like the Doom PF above -- that are definitive versions of a character that will rise in price on the secondary market and maintain it. For the vast majority of the stuff we buy, Sideshow or Hot Toys will release a better version eventually and the original will decline precipitously in value.

Also, if you had to sell your IM LSF you'd probably only lose $300.00 or so if you were patient. There's just not a huge market for $2000.00 statues and if someone can save a few bucks by buying yours as opposed to buying new from Sideshow, I'm willing to bet you'd get a buyer.

Anyway, it's all relative. I just bought my wife Sony's new NEX-7 camera for her birthday because photography is her hobby and it's the best camera available for its size ($1,400.00). It won't go up in value and doesn't have an edition size. For Christmas we're going to try and get the zoom lens she wants ($2,000.00). Basically every year that camera's going to do nothing but cost more money in additional lenses/accessories and no way will we recoup it all if we 'get into a jam' and have to sell it. :p

Same with computers or LED televisions. We buy that stuff and their value will eventually be zero, so why are people upset when this sort of stuff loses 10 or 20%? I totally don't understand this line of thinking when it comes to collectibles. People treat these things like it's some form of insurance if they fall on hard times or maybe rationalize spending this kind of money on them by thinking of it as an investment? Personally, and this is nothing against you at all -- just this general argument -- but no-one who is in a precarious situation (i.e., may "need" to sell) should be dropping $2,000.00+ on statues of comicbook or Star Wars characters. That's just ludicrous. Like Josh-A-Tron says, buy it because you love the rendition of the character and forget about secondary market value.

that's a good point, I completely agree with that, but electronics aren't considered collectibles either ;). The way I look at this hobby, one day,I will sell everything, I just hope to make back at least what I payed.

Why 1/2? Why sideshow dont made before a doom Cq?

It is very clearly that fans would love to see a 1:4 scale Doom Comiquette rather than the 1:2 scale LSF.. I will pass on the 1:2 scale due to the expensive price... :slap

Very promising detail. Hopefully pose and remainder look good.

Back