Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

Like I said I'm just stating the facts a piece with
A open edition won't rise in price at all if anything
It will drop. A item with a open edition is not much of
A collectible.

A collectible.

dont know if u hav seen it, but sideshow once said all the lsf series will be limited, they will close the production after a certain no is reached, i think its a good ploy at least to keep flippers at bay, buy if u like it, give others who want one to decide for themselves time also to save up some money, i can confirm they said it in one of their facebook replies

Wow!!! The detail in that hand aline is impressive enough. This is will be amazing.

And for the price, you'll get much more bang for your buck, compared to the Doom PF (given the current market prices.)

dont know if u hav seen it, but sideshow once said all the lsf series will be limited, they will close the production after a certain no is reached, i think its a good ploy at least to keep flippers at bay, buy if u like it, give others who want one to decide for themselves time also to save up some money, i can confirm they said it in one of their facebook replies

Interesting yeah I heard something like but not on
The LSF line I heard war machine bust eventually
Close production. still like you said buy what you like
I got into this hobby for the love art & passion of it
Coming home to my museum of movies comics ect....
Nothing like it, I don't do it for profit , but would be
Nice to atleast get what I payed for if I choose to sell
Some stuff in the future.

Interesting yeah I heard something like but not on
The LSF line I heard war machine bust eventually
Close production. still like you said buy what you like
I got into this hobby for the love art & passion of it
Coming home to my museum of movies comics ect....
Nothing like it, I don't do it for profit , but would be
Nice to atleast get what I payed for if I choose to sell
Some stuff in the future.

it was mentioned to someones query on the wolf lsf on their facebook page

A collectible.

Rising value doesn't constitute collectability, it's resellablity you're talking about and if that's why you buy these then no, I guess this one's not for you.

Collecting something doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it's aftermarket value.

As for this piece, it's probably going to a stunning piece to add to a collection of statues, however it's price is probably going to deter quite a few people.

Rising value doesn't constitute collectability, it's resellablity you're talking about and if that's why you buy these then no, I guess this one's not for you.

Collecting something doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it's aftermarket value.

As for this piece, it's probably going to a stunning piece to add to a collection of statues, however it's price is probably going to deter quite a few people.

Aye. If you want an investment, open editions will definitely hurt you. But collecting itself is not hurt by it.

Now I can justify not spending my money for a DOOM PF!!!

Here is the reason!!!

YES!!!

that's a good point, I completely agree with that, but electronics aren't considered collectibles either ;). The way I look at this hobby, one day,I will sell everything, I just hope to make back at least what I payed.

For sure and I realize it's an imprecise comparison, just find the focus on ES a little perplexing. Anyway, as someone else mentioned, if SSC has said that these LSFs eventually have their runs ended, seems like there's no cause for complaint. Presumably the value will hold steady or even rise once the run ends, so long as the sculp's desirable enough.

For sure and I realize it's an imprecise comparison, just find the focus on ES a little perplexing. Anyway, as someone else mentioned, if SSC has said that these LSFs eventually have their runs ended, seems like there's no cause for complaint. Presumably the value will hold steady or even rise once the run ends, so long as the sculp's desirable enough.

Yes your correct, it's a silly argument!
They are not numbered but yet limited runs
It's just going to take longer to go up in value

This won't effect the doom PF
Not many have space for it and is ES
Which should be changed, hence the words sideshow collectibles
It's not a collectible if is open ES

People collect comics (although I prefer to call myself a READER of comics, not a collector). There are plenty of valuable ones, especially old comics and variants, but when you think about how many have been produced in the modern era, the overwhelming majority of them, compared to even the very large number of comics that really do have actual, demand-driven value, just ain't worth too much. Yet they are still collected by people who dare not miss an issue in their run. Anything is collectible so long as people choose to collect.

Correct, not many have space for it, but more importantly, most don't have or just won't pay the money for it. Part of the LSF's collectibility is it's exclusivity. The price to ownership is more than what most will pay, therefore automatically limiting its ownership without the necessity of establishing a production run immediately.

:exactly: :goodpost:

no interest in this what so ever. the original PF is all i need.:lecture

now bring out Hulk and Spidey and i'll probably be there with credit card in hand:yess:

Even if they were severely limited in number at these prices they will never go up exponentially like some of the cheaper pieces. There's a certain price level that people just won't pay past for these items.

I don't think $2k is over priced at all Gag. The LSF line are catered to the selected few.

i am not one of them then.

Except the neytiri, i think all the other pieces are way over priced for what you get.

Lets see 6x pf ex or 1x lsf with no es/no ex...very tough decision indeed

i am not one of them then.

Except the neytiri, i think all the other pieces are way over priced for what you get.

Lets see 6x pf ex or 1x lsf with no es/no ex...very tough decision indeed

I will go with 6x PF ex :1-1: Easy choice for me to make :clap

Back