Does anyone here NOT like the super predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't particularly dislike them, neither do i really like them. but what interests me is that they appear to be more primitive, but possess greater raw strength... making them more barbaric and ruthless

i'm not in love with the super predators, but i do own berserker and i think they have a their place in the predator universe. but their pretty cool characters. and royce was a good character as well.

i don't particularly dislike them, neither do i really like them. but what interests me is that they appear to be more primitive, but possess greater raw strength... making them more barbaric and ruthless

Their tech seems more advanced than what regular Predators use though. I disagree with them being more primitive, but agree on more barbaric.

AVP preds seemed more clean, with their high tech space ship, research facility, trophy rooms, etc. The make-shift "camp" set up by Berserker and friends seems like a ____ hole...

lol, cleansliness is probably the last thing they think about though...but thats what I noticed.

I like 'em. They're nice and different than anything we've seen in the Predator flicks so far, and the movie was fun - so that helps my opinion.

What I don't like is when franchise just repeat the same thing in every movie. Pred 1 is the one that started it all, and of course my favorite design. But if they just kept re-using that same character design in every movie, I think it would've probably become pretty static.

awesome toys from HT and NECA considering what each has to offer. The movie kicked ass to me and the designs kick ass as well. Done deal.

Didn't like them at first - hated Berserker at first, actually. But I came around to Berserker enough to want to buy the figure. Now, 'zerker is one of my favorite figures that I own.

As far as bad-ass-itude is concerned, the real wimp is '87 Predator. He got taken out by a log. Berserker took 6 grenades at point blank range and was still fighting. '87 classic also hid like a coward in a jungle, invisible, picking guys off who couldn't see him. You give me a cloaking device, a jungle to hide in, the element of suprise, a laser targetting system and a plasma caster, I could take out Dutch's squad all by myself. "No sport."

The really tough Predators are the AvP ones - the cloaking device doesn't work against zenomorphs, plus they had nowhere to hide in that cramped temple (unlike the cowardly '87 classic, who had an entire jungle to hide in plus invisibility), going at it without plasma casters (most of the film) in tight spaces armed with only cutting weapons (some of which melt and become useless after one strike).

The "super Predators" were a step backwards for the franchise in terms of the bad-ass-ery of the Predators, but they were still much tougher than classic '87. Six grenades >>>> a log light enough that a jungle vine can support.

Completely disagree with you!

You do realize that he was practically invisible, with an entire jungle to hide in, right? Pretty incompetent hunter when you think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love the film, but I can at least admit to the things that are silly about it.

I looked up the definition of the word 'hunt' for you.

-to engage in the pursuit, capture, or killing of wild animals for food or in sport.

-to chase or search for (game or other wild animals) for the purpose of catching or killing.

Now used in a sentence:

Predator 1 owns all other hunts:rock

I hate all Predators, but that's just me. The original one in the first film is fine, a great classic Sci-Fi movie monster but all of the different Predators after Predator? Yawn.

The variations and different versions are worse than the old Batman figures with the color and themed suits. Yeah, sure they're "different" Predators but when you go so far as to name one "Mr. Black", you've run out of places to go.

They sure as hell make Hot Toys a ton of $$$ though don't they?

Predator hates you:wave

Disagree about the first Pred being a _____.

Anyone whos played AVP knows a Predator just charging 10 heavily armed guys for close combat is going to last about 10 seconds.

He had to thin them out, seperate and quickly eliminate, and he gave the guys who made it longer a bit more of a chance. He actually moved in on Dillion, Hawkins, and Billy when it made sense as no other threat was likely to be hiding waiting for him in an ambush, rather then just shooting them with the plasma cannon from a distace. When he did move on Dutch, he ended up in a trap net, and I would guess learned fast not to do that again. And of course he gives Dutch a fighting chance when he could have just snapped his neck. He also doesn't kill the unarmed female.

This wasn't 30 years into Predator lore, this was the original it set the standard. They didn't have disks and spears and ____ back then. A plasma cannon and heat vision in the 80s was mind blowing enough.

The log that killed him wasn't some light log simply because a rope suspended it. Did you never climb a rope in gym class? Did it hold you? Did it hold the 300 pound kid that only made it a quarter the way up? That thing that got dropped on the Pred likely weighed about 200 pounds. Drop a 10 pound weight on your head tonite from 30 feet up, if you survive I'll pay your medical bills. I think you kids watch too much MMA and video games and have a seriously wrong idea of how easy/hard it is to kill someone, especially from a blow to the head. Billy Mays died from overhead luggage.

3 hunters, organised togaether, and that know the area the prey doesn't

VS

1 hunter dropped on an alien planet, where the organised prey knows the environment

Too much ____ing truth in this post.

Zero interest in the 2010 movie and these new figures.

I very want to see re-launching of the Original Predator by Hot Toys.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Mk1IZFPH1Eo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Mk1IZFPH1Eo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I wasn't sure if I would pick up the HT Berserker, but the Super Preds have grown on me. I picked up Berserker and must say I like him. More Preds are good a good thing IMHO.

I think the design of all the Predators were bad in the last movie. Hot Toys actually did fans a favour and improved on them.
Take "Classic" Predator, his mask was far inferior to Winston's, his mouth did not close for a start.

Another Major flaw is having Actors that stood six inches shorter than Kevin Peter Hall, it just made the heads look far too big .

Completely disagree with you!

Look, I love all of these movies. I'm dropping $200 on all 3 NECA 1/4 Classic Predators in a few months. I love the movie so much that I spend money on toys made after the movie. But you have to have a sense of humor about yourself and the things that you love when the things that you love are silly. It's a silly movie because it doesn't take great hunting skill to kill a few humans when you have all of the advantages that Classic had.

You're telling me he was a hunter - fine. Then I say that the AvP predators were warriors, not hunters, and being a warrior takes a lot more cajones than being a hunter. And I really don't think that Classic did anything to merit the badge of great hunter. DiFabio says he was smart enough and patient enough to thin them out over time - so what? That's common sense. Where are the great skills?

We're silly men for liking silly movies. It's OK. It's all in good fun.

Back