Does anyone here NOT like the super predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, I love all of these movies. I'm dropping $200 on all 3 NECA 1/4 Classic Predators in a few months. I love the movie so much that I spend money on toys made after the movie. But you have to have a sense of humor about yourself and the things that you love when the things that you love are silly. It's a silly movie because it doesn't take great hunting skill to kill a few humans when you have all of the advantages that Classic had.

You're telling me he was a hunter - fine. Then I say that the AvP predators were warriors, not hunters, and being a warrior takes a lot more cajones than being a hunter. And I really don't think that Classic did anything to merit the badge of great hunter. DiFabio says he was smart enough and patient enough to thin them out over time - so what? That's common sense. Where are the great skills?

We're silly men for liking silly movies. It's OK. It's all in good fun.

You are calling Predator a silly movie. IT IS NOT! Therefore your point is invalid to me, sorry.

I grew up watching Predator. It's a great action movie with a great movie monster that I'm sure most people grew up terrified of.

Every great hunter has it's own unique powers that enable it to hunt. Lions, Sharks etc. Predator had his.

Look, I love all of these movies. I'm dropping $200 on all 3 NECA 1/4 Classic Predators in a few months. I love the movie so much that I spend money on toys made after the movie. But you have to have a sense of humor about yourself and the things that you love when the things that you love are silly. It's a silly movie because it doesn't take great hunting skill to kill a few humans when you have all of the advantages that Classic had.

You're telling me he was a hunter - fine. Then I say that the AvP predators were warriors, not hunters, and being a warrior takes a lot more cajones than being a hunter. And I really don't think that Classic did anything to merit the badge of great hunter. DiFabio says he was smart enough and patient enough to thin them out over time - so what? That's common sense. Where are the great skills?

We're silly men for liking silly movies. It's OK. It's all in good fun.

You need to remember in P1 the predator nearly took out two special ops teams by itself. Anything capable of that is deserving of respect.

You are calling Predator a silly movie. IT IS NOT! Therefore your point is invalid to me, sorry.

I grew up watching Predator. It's a great action movie with a great movie monster that I'm sure most people grew up terrified of.

Every great hunter has it's own unique powers that enable it to hunt. Lions, Sharks etc. Predator had his.

No reason why it can't be BOTH a great action movie AND silly at the same time. And lions and sharks have their own natural advantages . . . not tech support.

You need to remember in P1 the predator nearly took out two special ops teams by itself. Anything capable of that is deserving of respect.

I like what they did with AvP - the Preds had to EARN the right to carry their weapons (the plasma castors) by fighting their way through a gauntlet of zenomorphs in order to get to the castors. Anyone capable of THAT is deserving of respect.

I think the design of all the Predators were bad in the last movie. Hot Toys actually did fans a favour and improved on them.
toy companies who think they can "improve" on movie designs are on a very slippery slope.

5046657533_14cc315e87.jpg

No reason why it can't be BOTH a great action movie AND silly at the same time. And lions and sharks have their own natural advantages . . . not tech support.

I like what they did with AvP - the Preds had to EARN the right to carry their weapons (the plasma castors) by fighting their way through a gauntlet of zenomorphs in order to get to the castors. Anyone capable of THAT is deserving of respect.
Uh, the ability to create their own tech isn't a natural advantage?

It's called evolution. I'm sure if Lion and Sharks had grown smart enough they would have had tech support.

Just look at the human race.

It's called evolution. I'm sure if Lion and Sharks had grown smart enough they would have had tech support.

Just look at the human race.

I KNEW you were going to say that.

You can go into a gun store and buy a gun. But you were not the individual that was smart enough to design and build the gun.

Okay, if the Predators designed and built their weapons themselves, then fine, I will concede that the skill level is there. But we have no indication of that.

Uh, the ability to create their own tech isn't a natural advantage?

DID they create them? Human hunters buy their guns; they don't make the guns themselves. If the Predators' weapons are all self-made, then fine, I will concede that the skill level is there. But, we have no evidence of that.

Anyway . . . I hope you guys realize that this is all fun and games for me. I love all the Predator movies; I knew when I posted that Classic is a wimp and a coward I'd get a rise out of you all. You have to admit - he had so many advantages the AvP Preds didn't have. The first Predator movie had the pacing, the dialogue, the memorable characters, memorable moments and memorable one-liners. The AvP movies didn't have the great dialogue or memorable characters (although I thought the first AvP had decent pacing and great environments) but they had one thing the 1987 movie didn't have: a waaayy bigger challenge for the Predators.

It's safe to say they all don't go to the Predamart and buy their gear...
That just seems highly unlikely and ridiculous from what we have seen.
To me thats like saying "well, how do you know they're really 7'4? They could just be tiny alien creatures wearing some type of suit!"

I can't see how any Predator fan would want that to be the case either. I mean, it pretty much ruins the character.

I believe there are traditional styles that many Predators wear. For example, P1's gear. And gear is passed on in some cases.

From what we have seen, hunting is a HUGE part of the Predator race. Their gear plays a big role in hunting also. So it makes more sense that they would take time to create their own gear and customize it as they go along because it is so important to them.

The problem these days is that kids who have seen the AVP films before they have seen the 2 original films thinks that's what a Predator is. Scar for example.

To me, Predator 1 is what Predator is to me.

To newer fans, Scar and co. are what's Predator to them.

Maybe seeing Predator and Predator 2 before seeing the more recent films might help newer fans to appreciate the original Predators films and Predator monsters.

I'm not putting the AVP films down. Each has there own unique aspects I like.

I really didn't like them much at first either but they grew on me a lot. And now with the Berserker from HT standing in front of me, I can't stop staring at it. Taking the rarely used torso articulation for more details was a negative for me at first but I'm loving it now. Can't wait till Falconer gets here.

No, they made it. If it was handed to them it would be an unnatural advantage. They used their brains, sharks use their teeth.

Sharks use their brains too, as does every vertebrate predator, but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good story. And you're wrong, it's unnatural, Most everything man made is refereed to use unnatural, because it's not from nature. like cars, guns, pretty much everything. I don't know where you got that definition of natural or unnatural but it's completely wrong. maybe you need to use a different word?

They're interesting and there are some aspects of their design which I do like. However, I'm a fan of the original designs and while I'm one of the 1st to love seeing new concepts and designs of characters and creatures these just didn't click with me. Maybe if there faces would have been a little more traditional and they would have kept the netting I could have been more accepting to the new concept.

DID they create them? Human hunters buy their guns; they don't make the guns themselves. If the Predators' weapons are all self-made, then fine, I will concede that the skill level is there. But, we have no evidence of that.

Anyway . . . I hope you guys realize that this is all fun and games for me. I love all the Predator movies; I knew when I posted that Classic is a wimp and a coward I'd get a rise out of you all. You have to admit - he had so many advantages the AvP Preds didn't have. The first Predator movie had the pacing, the dialogue, the memorable characters, memorable moments and memorable one-liners. The AvP movies didn't have the great dialogue or memorable characters (although I thought the first AvP had decent pacing and great environments) but they had one thing the 1987 movie didn't have: a waaayy bigger challenge for the Predators.

I hope you realize you're wrong.

I'm pretty sure you saw AvP before Predator.

Sharks use their brains too, as does every vertebrate predator, but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good story. And you're wrong, it's unnatural, Most everything man made is refereed to use unnatural, because it's not from nature. like cars, guns, pretty much everything. I don't know where you got that definition of natural or unnatural but it's completely wrong. maybe you need to use a different word?
I'm not wrong at all. Sharks use what they can, as do Predators. What is "unnatural" is a highly intelligent being not using what NATURE has given them, to their advantage.

You're not understanding this. Human Vs Shark. The human can't use his only real advantage to help him, who would win? See how that doesn't make sense whatsoever?

We don't have incredible strength/running abilities, hundreds of sharp and deadly teeth, or the ability to smell blood (or whatever) miles away. In place of that, we have a higher intelligence which allows us to create things to use to our advantage.

In a way he has a point, the Jungle Hunter is kind of a _____, just sniping people off. Still the best movie though of the bunch.

Where's all this lack of respect for P1 and P2 come from?

They were, are and always will own any Predator film/ Predator design made post Predator 2.

Back