Does anyone here NOT like the super predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate hate hate the way they look. Hate that they are all smaller then the P1 pred and seem to killed off fairly easily, but for some reason are called super predators. Did I mention I hate the look of the redesign? Only redeeming thing in the movie (predator wise) was the cameo from the classic IMO

I didn't like them at first, but they (and their movie) grew on me and now i own Hot Toys Berserker Predator. I do wish they were more intricate in terms of their armor, weapons, accessories etc. The older predators have so many layers of stuff.

I like most things Predator (excluding AVP) and I like the super Predators. Mr Black was my favorite of the three, and I love his bio. He took a lot of punishment before meeting his end, and I really enjoyed the way that final battle played out.

Tracker's death was sudden, but I didn't feel like it cheapened the Predators. He got blown to pieces.. It happens.

Falconer, on the other hand, was weak. I don't care how good Hanzo was with a sword, no human should be able to take down a Predator in a "fair" fight. That was really the only problem I had with the movie.

The new ones are meh. I got the Berserker Hot Toys to go with Royce, but honestly the more I think about it the more I don't want the others. Berserker is a good figure and my fav new pred, but so many other good figures are coming out(and I have almost all of the main "old Preds" that I think it makes sense to move on to new figure lines.

Just watched Predator and then Predators afterwards last night. I dare say I like the Super Preds more but not there design. The look of the classic is much better.

I thought neca Predators (berserker, etc) look too thiny? Isn't HT's berserker more accurate in scale? I can't tell the paint inaccuracies, but I've never been a very keen person when it comes to minute details

Love 'em in the movie,
Love HT versions of 'em,
Berserker bought,Falconer inbound,Tracker when he's released :)

Kindest regards
Tys

With NECA, you get great sculpts but the overall figure's coolness is covered by nasty paint and poor QC.

That's the whole thing. I hate the Neca figures cause the paint is terrible. Bad paint ruins a good sculpt every time. I've got the NECA 1/4 preds on preorder, so I hope what we're hearing about them improving paint is right. I'm willing to give them another chance, cause that figure looks great so far.

But, I can't get passed the paint on the Predators movie figures. Just awful. Mr. Black looks polka dotted.

They were great, not every Predator looks the same..

I always get that Predator 2 (my favorite movie/Predator) feeling when I watch the scene where Edwin and Izabelle are trapped in the net, then you see the back of Mr. Black with his long blood-red dreads flowing down his body as he slaps the leaves away. The music at that part was just so perfect, the whole scene was perfect. It gives you that nice Predator feel.. The Primal/Tribal Collector of Skulls...

^ My NECA Falconer doesn't look bad at all. Paint or sculpt. I can't stand the head sculpt on the HTs Mr. Black figure, makes me wanna puke.

I've grown to like them over time but I wasn't fond at first. I'm collecting both HT and Neca's figures. Though NECAs are more proportionally accurate I've come to prefer the way HT are doing them if I'm honest. Longer, thicker dreads would have been nice but Berserker is a beast of a figure, as looks to be Falconer. I think the NECA figures look a bit wimpy compared to other figures of that scale whereas the HT ones look like Arnies of their species. So quite a turnaround for me, I was one of the ones who was p!$$ed off at Berserkers apparent shrinkage, his small head etc.

You and me are alike on this. I saw the production shots of the super preds and instantly my expectations for the movie tanked. Seems like every time some director comes into a franchise to make it his own, it's worse than abysmal. Look at Alien 4. But, over time the super preds have grown on me. I love my HT Berserker. Despite the proportions, it's amazingly detailed, and a treat to look at. I really hope the NECA 1/4 pred will get the same reaction from me when the 3 versions hit my doorstep. I don't care who makes this stuff, just want some cool stuff to make me smile when I come home from a crap day at work.

(Raises hand in response to the title question)

I'm one of the few that loved the new face from the get-go. However, as a whole, I really don't like the new designs at all (especially the new wrist blades, I still cringe every time that I see them). Also, except for Falconer, the bios get a big thumbs down.

The movie itself was a huge waste of my time and money as well. If/when another is made, I'll be waiting for it to come out on one of the movie channels.

I think the Predators in the movie were limited to how good the movie was and how far it delved into who they were. The movie was lazy sometimes. It was cheap too. But i liked it.
I heard somewhere the Pred dogs couldn't eat or survive on their own due to their spikes preventing them from feeding easily - hence their dependence on the Tracker for food and obedience. I liked this idea but it was never explored.
Noland dies weak. A guy the Bezerker has been hunting for many seasons, and who is a multiple Predator killer but just gets wasted by a plasma blast in a corridor is lazy.
The predators all die weak. Two of them are mortally wounded by suicide bombers, the other in sword combat :ohbfrank:, cheapens how bad ass they were or in fact aren't. The movie was clever so many times but was just as dumb.
What Predators do in life echoes in eternity...and my movie ratings.

Samurai fight scene with the Falconer is my favorite in the movie. Ironically, I think it was one of the most faithful to the predator too. You certainly know they fight for honor and sport. If a guy comes up to one with a sword, it's quite likely they'll fight melee because it is more sporting that way. He was buying time for the others to get away too, which melee obviously takes longer than firing a plasma bolt. I thought the scene made complete sense.

I don't see why predators always have to be way beyond any human in every skill. Asians are some of the most skilled and historically rich melee combat cultures on our planet. I have no problem with that guy, a yakuza none the less, holding his own against a predator. And, he didn't survive either, which I felt was a nice touch. If he'd been a pot stickers vendor off of the street, I'd have thought different.

Last edited:
I prefer the older designs but I still like the new ones. My main question is, who is mr. black? There is bezerker, tracker and falconerer. Is Mr.Black the lost reservoir dog?

I don't understand why no one can get the mouth to close properly since Predator 2? Is it:

1. Because they can't;

or

2. The film makers are so ignorant that they feel it doesn't need to close?

I like all the Predators we have had over the past 24 years but I feel like asking this question every time I see a new Predator film.

Back