Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting how the Doctor made absolutely no reference to his previous visit to Stonehenge (Stones of Blood) searching for the Key to Time nor was there any sign of the rock creatures (Ogri) or the ship that was hovering over them in hyperspace for thousands of years.

The Doctor didn't go to Stonehenge in Stones of Blood; it was a different stone circle.

Just rewatched the opening of the new episode, interesting reference to Jack Harkness i think when River is in the bar buying a Vortex Manipulator, The blue guy states "fresh off the wrist of a handsome young time agent" then the Vortex device is brought in a box "I said Off the wrist" so will Jack be flying back to torchwood US with one arm and no fancy bracelet?

Jack is only one of several time agents. Presumably there are dozens of people out there with vortex manipulators on their wrist.

What if the adult Amy has been a Dalek android or Auton sleeper unit since the beginning of the series, part of an epic plot to trap the Doctor? It would resolve a lot of bizarre character issues. (Why was she so blase about her first trips in the TARDIS? Are we really expected to believe a stripper has a passion for Van Gogh?) Perhaps we'll see young Amy grow up, and the "real" adult Amy will travel with the Doctor next year. The Rory Auton might shoot her because her work is done. It would explain the emphasis on Bracewell earlier in the season.

I enjoyed the episode, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense. If the Pandorica has been broadcasting for thousands of years, why has the TARDIS never picked it up? Or indeed anyone else? Why are they all converging on that point in the time line? Why are the Daleks working with lesser races? How did the other aliens travel through time, when they don't have time travel technology? Why were the Atraxi and Judoon there, when they aren't evil aliens? Why were the Sycorax and Weevils there, when both are minor threats at best? Why were the Silurians there at all, when they're neither evil nor alien, and at that time the Doctor was unknown to them?

I know River survives because of the dates, but it was still heartbreaking to see her materialize in front of the wall.

Why were the Atraxi and Judoon there, when they aren't evil aliens? Why were the Sycorax and Weevils there, when both are minor threats at best? Why were the Silurians there at all, when they're neither evil nor alien,

I doubt the reasons for certain races being there regardless of their history with the Doctor even came into it.

I think it was simply a case of the production team saying "Let's throw in every alien we've got into the background, it'll look awesome!".

Not everything has to have a hidden meaning or subtext.

I'm not looking for hidden meaning or subtext. I'm looking for some kind of logic. :)

That's like trying to find logic in a Michael Bay film.

It may be in there somewhere but it's probably very hard to spot with the relentless pace of the action.

The Doctor didn't go to Stonehenge in Stones of Blood; it was a different stone circle.

Jack is only one of several time agents. Presumably there are dozens of people out there with vortex manipulators on their wrist.

It seemed like a Jack refrence, or maybe a John Hart one? there really hasnt been another time agent in the Whoniverse who has been so prominant like Jack and refered to as handsome or as appealing vcisually as him so the extra dialoge would of been pointless unless refrencing someone we know, because it didnt need to be said.

It seemed like a Jack refrence, or maybe a John Hart one? there really hasnt been another time agent in the Whoniverse who has been so prominant like Jack and refered to as handsome or as appealing vcisually as him so the extra dialoge would of been pointless unless refrencing someone we know, because it didnt need to be said.

Well no, we've known from the first season there is a whole time agency and Jack is but one of many time agents. The line is there because it's funny.

Here's what I think is happening:

The villains respond to the cracks by devising a plan to trap the Doctor in the Pandorica before the TARDIS can explode. The trap kicks off when the Atraxi have a random encounter with the Doctor when he visits young Amy. The alliance takes advantage of his quick hop in the TARDIS to bump his arrival until after they're able to whip up a fake town complete with a fake grown Amy, who accompanies the Doctor in his travels with the ultimate goal of bringing him to the Pandorica.

This set up explains why the Doctor finds the town strange, the odd details like modern cell phones but outdated name tags, why Amy doesn't know of the Daleks, how the alliance knows how Rory is killed, why Amy has a made up job, why she tries to force a relationship with the Doctor etc.

However (and there's always a however), the alliance is actually the victim of a double bluff by a heretofore unknown third party who is conniving to trap the Doctor in the Pandorica before he can stop the TARDIS from exploding. This is the voice in the TARDIS, the one person who stands to benefit from destroying the universe of matter ... Omega.

The Doctor will use the power of the anti matter universe to set things right (remember how it works in The Three Doctors) and restore the universe of matter with the help of some careful nips back in time to talk to the young Amy and console the fake Amy in the Byzantium, where presumably he needs her help to stave off the most aggressive of the cracks we've seen to date. Finally, at the end of the episode he'll hop forward to the real Leadworth and find the real Amy, who will travel in the TARDIS as his companion for season two.

But I'm probably completely wrong! :)

it sounds bad but Amy has had her moments but i am not fussed if she survives or not as i liked the fact they have killed a companion, never thought they would in this day.

I've actually not been a fan of Amy since the episode before the Vampires In Venice. I think shes a great looking girl but she grates on me a whole lot more than Rose did in series 2 or Martha did in series 3. I quite enjoyed the return of 3 companions for the short time they were available in Rory and Amy, perhaps in future they will go for one human one alien companions.

it sounds bad but Amy has had her moments but i am not fussed if she survives or not as i liked the fact they have killed a companion, never thought they would in this day.

I think the chances of Amy actually staying dead are between none and zero.

Nobody important ever dies and stays that way in Nu-Who and besides which Karen Gillan has signed for a second series.

barbelith,
Nice theory, it's possibly too intelligent for Nu-Who but I'd love it to play out like that as it would really demonstrate the new regime's superiority to the old one.

I think the chances of Amy actually staying dead are between none and zero.

Nobody important ever dies and stays that way in Nu-Who and besides which Karen Gillan has signed for a second series.

barbelith,
Nice theory, it's possibly too intelligent for Nu-Who but I'd love it to play out like that as it would really demonstrate the new regime's superiority to the old one.

your right bcm77, but a man can dream, lol
i think with it, there is no clear sign on whats gonna happen and how the octors gonna save the day.
i loved the beginning on Ep12 with some of the characters from teh series used again like Churchill and Liz Ten.

I thought part 1 of the finale was fantastic. Had me and the fam on the edges of our seats the whole time. I'm very much looking forward to part 2.

Not much else to add other than: Welcome aboard Chap! :duff

Okay, I lied, I do have one thing to add: One thing I love about Who is that this will be resolved on Saturday. If this were an American show, we'd have to wait a year to see what happens. And that's if we're lucky. Chances are, if it were an American show, it would be cancelled before part 2 could ever be shot.

I don't mean to crap over my homeland, but that's the way we handle quality programming here.

I enjoyed the episode, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense. If the Pandorica has been broadcasting for thousands of years, why has the TARDIS never picked it up? Or indeed anyone else? Why are they all converging on that point in the time line? Why are the Daleks working with lesser races? How did the other aliens travel through time, when they don't have time travel technology? Why were the Atraxi and Judoon there, when they aren't evil aliens? Why were the Sycorax and Weevils there, when both are minor threats at best? Why were the Silurians there at all, when they're neither evil nor alien, and at that time the Doctor was unknown to them?

Yeah, all of those bothered me as well. Even if you say, quite unrealistically, that because of the alliance the Daleks brought all of the other races back in time (cause they are helpful like that), just like you said, why is THAT time period important?

I find it interesting the Ice Warriors were intentionally not given a mention. It would be cool if, now good guys since Peladon, they saved the Doctor and had faith in him. Obviously, the budget eliminates this fan wank from becoming reality, and hey- that Silurian-looking thing from the End of TIME was back in the bar!

One more episode till Absorbaloff returns as the grand master behind all of this!

just watching The Beast Below again and I noticed something for the first time
did anyone notice the Magpie Electricals sign above the locked tent which Amy goes into after meeting Mandy

Yeah, the Tardis monitor has Magpie logo on it, there are a few dotted around the place which was a nice addition i thought.

Yeah, all of those bothered me as well. Even if you say, quite unrealistically, that because of the alliance the Daleks brought all of the other races back in time (cause they are helpful like that), just like you said, why is THAT time period important?

I find it interesting the Ice Warriors were intentionally not given a mention. It would be cool if, now good guys since Peladon, they saved the Doctor and had faith in him. Obviously, the budget eliminates this fan wank from becoming reality, and hey- that Silurian-looking thing from the End of TIME was back in the bar!

One more episode till Absorbaloff returns as the grand master behind all of this!

Having seen what was done to the Silurians I think a battered old Ice Warrior costume from the 70's would probably look better than any modern version.........even that one with the huge head.

Nothing is sacred these days ( except for Bob ) and I reckon even the Kandyman would get redesigned to be a Saladman if he returned because salads are healthier and the production team could then go on Confidential and drone on about how they're promoting healthy eating.

From the new adventure game 'Blood of the Cybermen'...

concept_approval_shot_01.jpg

Look at the chest...very similar to the logo from Tomb of the Cybermen...also there are Cybermats in the game!

PLEASE be the Mondas/Telos Cybermen!!! PLEASE BE IN THE NEXT SERIES!!!

From the new adventure game 'Blood of the Cybermen'...

Hmmmm... since Moffat has said the games were part of series 5, and Amy hasn't seen a Cyberman up until last week's episode, can we conclude this game takes place after series 5 concludes?

Back